Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Are They AP or AD? Guide on What to Gear For

Creator: Hella Hurts November 20, 2010 12:51pm
1 2 3 4
Hella Hurts
<Member>
Hella Hurts's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 20, 2010 12:51pm | Report
Ever stare at the load screen wondering. "are they Attack Damage or Attack Power"? Tired of wondering weather to get Force of Nature or Thornmail... Mercury's Treads or Ninja Tabi"? Well Wonder no more. With this easy to use guide you can gear at a glance. Be ready for Kog'Maw, be ready for stuns and be ready for just a general beat down.

Champions of Note

Anivia – One word.. REBIRTH.. Please, make sure u kill her egg after u think u have killed her. She also can throw up a wall of ice that will road block an escape REAL fast.

Blizcrank – He can grab you through terrain.. so keep an eye out

Cho’Gath – He can have a 1k true damage Feast so if your hp is low and you don’t think u can down him fast.. run.

Dr. Mundo – This guys ultimate gives him wicked heath regeneration. So if he has half a block of hp left and you think you can tower dive him, a lot of the time u should give that plan a second thought.

Heimerdinger – This fool can push a lane like a mad man. His guns with his rockets and wrench will wreck you. He may look soft but he packs some heat.

Karthus – His ultimate is a beam of hate (magic damage) that hits every one of his foes from above. Insteps Banshee’s Veil 

Kog’Maw – DPS like a champ. Thornmail is awesome for this little D-Bag

Master Yi – The Master is ******edly fast and melts through towers and champions. A good Yi is a dangerous psycho.

Mordekaiser – This fool is a tank.. not necessarily the “hard to kill” kind, but the “rolls in and annihilates EVERYTHING around him” kind. Pay attention to his shield when going in for a solo gank.

Poppy – Her Ultimate shields her from all damage other than the champion she uses it on. If she wasn’t to tower dive.. she will. Also, her Heroic Charge will stun you if she bashes you into a wall so when laning agents her keep that in mind.

Ryze – Nuke… wait.. one more time.. NUKE!

Singed - I don’t see Singed much in the game too much, but I play him a lot and know how annoying he can be. He can save a team being chased with his Mega Adhesive, he will Fling an enemy behind him into a tower or into the rest of an angry bloodthirsty team. If you chase through his poison for to long, you’re dead. And I personally put a lot of point into speed so with his Ultimate+Ghost+Masteries+Runes+Boots Singed becomes one fast S.O.B… Don’t underestimate my boy.. (sorry, he’s my main so I went into more detail)

Tryndamere – A crit Tryndamerer is a killer Tryndamere. 100% crit chance is nothing to mess with.. and when you pair that with Bloodlust heals and Undying Rage he is a force to be reckoned with.

Vladimir – Introducing the tank mage. Ok, hes not REALLY a tank, but he can get some serious hp. He steal hp like a champ and when you think you have him right where you want him, ZING!, Sanguine Pool and hes gone.

Quick list of champions that like to Jungle:

• Akali
• Amumu
• Fiddlesticks
• Irelia
• Master Yi
• Nunu
• Olaf
• Ramus
• Shaco
• Tryndamear
• Udyr
• Warwick
• Xin Zhao

Champions That Will "Move" You:

Alistar – This cow will headbutt his opponent, resulting in a knockback. (does not stun)

Blitzcrank – First off, his Rocket Grab, (stun), also pulls target to him… Even through terrain. Second, his Power Fist knocks enemies in the air.

Cho’Gath – His rupture, which causes his slow, also knocks enemies in the air for 1 second.

Gragas – His ultimate is an exploding cask that will know back all enemies in the blast radius.

Janna – Her Howling Gale is a whirlwind that will knock enemies in the air. Also, her ultimate Monsoon will knock back all surrounding enemies.

Malphite – An Unstoppable Force.. Malphite will charge to a location, damaging and knocking all enemies in the collision into the air for 1.5 seconds.

Poppy – Her Heroic Charge will carry her foe for a short distance in the direction she is charging. Stuns if said foe hits a wall.

Singed – He will Fling his target behind him. Be careful when pushing him to his tower. Best move is to run up and throw is foe back into the tower… or behind him into his poison.

Tristana – Her ultimate is a massive cannonball that knocks her target back.

Urgot – His ultimate will use his hyper-Kinetic Position Reverser to swap locations with his target. Don’t be surprised when running form Urgot to all the sudden be chasing him. Range is 600.

Xin Zhao – On the third stike of his Three Talon Strike he knocks his opponent in the air.

I have and will continue to edited my guide to take into account most of the suggestions of in game players and forum users. With a lot of champions, such as Warwick, Kogmaw, Poppy, etc. players can gear how ever they choose.. This guide is mostly based on what I see in game and what I see in top rated builds. With this guide and ANY guide I suggest players use it but only to a certain extent. This is to help new players get started, but sooner or later, hopefully, they will be able to toss the guide and rely on there intuition and skill. If you feel I have missed something, please let me know and I will do my best to add it to the guide. If you have suggested something and I have overlooked it I am sorry. Most likely it is because I have more requests to have it the way it is, or I just think you are crazy and am blowing you off all together. If I was to change my guide according to EVERYONES suggestions I would be editing back and forth all freakin day.. so please, bare with me.
Autocthon
<Member>
Autocthon's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 20, 2010 3:35pm | Report
On thing... Kog can potentially be either to gear for. I mean, DPS kog gets MADREDS and eats 10% of your HP as magic damage a hit. Never mind his ridiculous AD and AS.
Hella Hurts
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 20, 2010 3:55pm | Report
I am somewhat new to LoL and decided to create this guide first off to help myself. I have edited it with some info players have given me. Sooner or later Ill try and make one with suggestion on how to KILL these champions as apposed to just protecting yourself from them. Any and all comments are appreciated. Thanks again and I hope this helps.
B-Wong
<Member>
B-Wong's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 20, 2010 6:06pm | Report
Kog Maw is practically useless unless you get Madred's so I'd put him in the AD/AP section. Most people just get Madred's, BioArcane and then stack attack speed rather than get any AD.

Hella Hurts
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 20, 2010 7:21pm | Report
B-Wong wrote:

Kog Maw is practically useless unless you get Madred's so I'd put him in the AD/AP section. Most people just get Madred's, BioArcane and then stack attack speed rather than get any AD.

Thanks for the info.. guide has been updated.
Trojan995
<Veteran>
Trojan995's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 20, 2010 7:46pm | Report
Kennen can go either way, but he is typically AP.
Click for one of my awesome builds!
Thanks to Mowen, WrATHofVuLK, and AlexanPT for the signatures! Check out Tristana: The Lane Game, Maokai: The Chu8 Way, and Twisted Fate: Card Games!
Pip00p
<Member>
Pip00p's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 20, 2010 9:58pm | Report
Just to add to your disables:

- Jax (stuns using a skill AFTER he dodges, 1-2 secs)
- Warwick (stuns using his ulti, 1-2 secs)
- Xin Zhao (stuns using a skill that pops the hero in the air, 1 sec)
- Blitzcrank (stuns using a skill that pops the hero in the air, 1 sec)
- Heimerdinger (stuns using a skillshot grenade, a bit hard to aim, 1 sec)
- Fiddlesticks (fears using a skill, basically a stun because it renders the target to control the hero at all, 1-3 secs)
- Urgot (stuns using a skill DURING in which Urgot switches positions with the target, similar to Vengeful Spirit from DotA, 1 sec)

Hope that helps! :)
My very own:

Kennen Love
Hella Hurts
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 20, 2010 10:16pm | Report
Pip00p wrote:

Just to add to your disables:

- Jax (stuns using a skill AFTER he dodges, 1-2 secs)
- Warwick (stuns using his ulti, 1-2 secs)
- Xin Zhao (stuns using a skill that pops the hero in the air, 1 sec)
- Blitzcrank (stuns using a skill that pops the hero in the air, 1 sec)
- Heimerdinger (stuns using a skillshot grenade, a bit hard to aim, 1 sec)
- Fiddlesticks (fears using a skill, basically a stun because it renders the target to control the hero at all, 1-3 secs)
- Urgot (stuns using a skill DURING in which Urgot switches positions with the target, similar to Vengeful Spirit from DotA, 1 sec)

Hope that helps! :)

Thanks, ill edit something in when i get a min. u rock socks. Any idea which if any of theme Mercury Treads would effect?
B-Wong
<Member>
B-Wong's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 20, 2010 10:32pm | Report
Merc treads help all CC effects EXCEPT Malzahar and Warwicks' ultimates.

Pip00p
<Member>
Pip00p's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 20, 2010 10:33pm | Report
Haha no problem!

Pretty much all of them except for Urgot and Warwick because those skills stun solely based on their channeling* time, until the spell is finished. I'm not 100% on that though but if true, it will probably apply to all other heroes that channel* their skills.

But generally if you ask me, people get Mercury Treads more often to reduce CC effects not Single Targets, so CC heroes such as: Morgana, Kennen, Amumu, Rammus, etc.
However, feel free to build your hero in whatever way you want and have fun :P

*Channel - Cannot do any other movements, attacks, skills, during which the "channel" skill is being used; skills that take time to cast or are casted and last for a bit while the hero is stationary. Hard to explain but I hope you get the idea.
My very own:

Kennen Love
1 2 3 4

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide