Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Aww the poor baby cant take criticism??

Creator: Restrictnine#5232 December 3, 2010 4:52pm
1 2 3 4
Restrictnine#5232
<Veteran>
Restrictnine#5232's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 3, 2010 4:52pm | Report
Now, i could be completely making this up because there is no way for me personally to check who did it,

but this is a perfect example of the human error.

I checked out some of the trundle guides, and actually commented why it was a bad guide. sure, i was a little rough about it, but its not like i was trolling. i gave reasons as to why i didnt like it. so i log on 30 min later, and ALL of my guides are downvoted at least once. now, normally i wouldnt find this odd because trolls seem to love my udyr and fiddle guides. But my lux and ww guides? and my fail udyr guide?

i mean come on guys really? i didnt even know people still LOOKED at those guides. If ur gonna troll me for downvoting your guide, at least do it discretely.

Back to the topic. The point of this thread is to provide a perfect example of why people downvote without commenting. if you don't comment, you cannot get ratted out. So because i took the time to give reasons why it was bad and occasionally offer suggestions, some ******* found it necessary to downvote ALL my guides. even the ones i dont update and could care less about.

To all the people out there that downvote for revenge, i have this to say to you:

You are making MOBAfire a hostile, unfriendly, unproductive environment. You are trolling the people that give a damn and actually want you to make a better guide, while letting the ACTUAL trolls get off scott free. If you cant handle criticism, don't make guides. Simple as that.

Another signature [green]Nine[/color] rage.
Hope it makes a difference.

EDIT: I kinda feel like Andy Rooney on 60 minutes. *****ing about random things in the hopes that it makes a difference. Lol. WHERES MY MULTIMILLION DOLLAR PAYCHECK??
Click on the Banner to see my new and improved Udyr guide!

Guides By RestrictNine, A.K.A. Taggrin
Chaotic Bliss
<Member>
Chaotic Bliss's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 3, 2010 5:09pm | Report
Nine I think that you have every right to rage. I mean if all your guides got that -1 than its not just bt chance IMO.

It might be bruised ego. Some people on here might put up builds that work well for them, but when they see that there are some out there that question it they rage like that.

I mean just cuz it works for them, they think they will get a great review, but unless they can prove it, especially with a new champ not just Trundle, there will be some people to question it.

Ive seen some of your comments, and I think that you were right. The truth hurts and if someone cant handle that, than they shouldnt post.

Posting a build/guide is like writting a book. No matter how good you think it is, there will always be those that wont like it and will tell you about it.

This is how we grow as a crafter. We make what works for us. Share it. And than improve it if suggestions made work. There are some that embrace crafting, than there are those that dont.

Hmmmmmm Guide to Theory-Crafting. Ill have to look into that.

Links below lead to victory. Choose your path

Pillars of Justice

Seeds of Chaos

Open your minds

Skype me at: chaotic_bliss1
Restrictnine#5232
<Veteran>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 3, 2010 5:15pm | Report
Its not even that the build is always bad. there were some that i thought had some serious potential. But i still wouldnt vote up their guide cuz all the descs are sooo bad. but i raged about that the last time a new champ came out. lol. I just think it is so unfair to downvote me like that. its my JOB to guide theory crafters. does that make me not allowed to downvote?
le sigh. i figured i would have had a LITTLE more of a buffer because i was a vet. most vets are better respected... but i suppose if this person doesnt post, they could care less.

Chaotic Bliss
<Member>
Chaotic Bliss's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 3, 2010 5:23pm | Report
Some people dont understand that a description is the make or break part of a guide. The items can be perfect and synergize with runes and skills, but if you cant explain how things work than whats the point?

You arent the only that gets raged on. We all get it at some time. I think Ive got a few cuz I posted on some Udyr and Eve builds. But if they arent willing to take the advise, than its there loss. No need to be dishearted, Nine. They will learn to accept the criticism, or stop posting. Plain as that.

Links below lead to victory. Choose your path

Pillars of Justice

Seeds of Chaos

Open your minds

Skype me at: chaotic_bliss1
Restrictnine#5232
<Veteran>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 3, 2010 5:30pm | Report
And when they do, there will be new trolls to take their places.

B-Wong
<Member>
B-Wong's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 3, 2010 5:34pm | Report
Meh when I get votes at all it's either both of my guides up or both of my guides down and at this point I really don't care if I get any feedback because asking for any = less than desirable outcomes.

Visfarix
<Member>
Visfarix's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 3, 2010 5:44pm | Report
I think I know how you feel.

I consider myself somewhat of an expert at Anivia and every time I look at an Anivia build that's positively ranked, I almost always have the urge to criticize it, since most of the ones that get upvoted are simply people stacking AP. It's like "Helloooo... even though Anivia scales really well with AP, enemies stacking MR will still weaken your nuke, and since you built all that AP, you now have no survivability late game. Egg =\= extra life."

But in the end I never say anything because I'm afraid they'll retaliate and downvote my own somewhat unpopular build.
Flipping tables is fun!
(╯ಠ_ಠ)╯︵ ┻━┻
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 3, 2010 7:37pm | Report
It's just the immaturity of people who can't take criticism on a build. Looking back on some of my first builds, I realize that they're pretty bad. So I accepted criticism and learned from it, then moved on.
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 3, 2010 8:13pm | Report
dayum shame.

personally i don't care. if you havn't noticed i only have 2 builds up that are serious (one i still need to work on as things have changed).

but even then i still don't give a damn what my scores are. so what if my build i worked days on gets a really bad score, its a build that i use and am good at and i couldn't really care what you think of it.

but thats just my 3 cents.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
SixSonatas
<Veteran>
SixSonatas's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 3, 2010 10:29pm | Report
Thing is, caucheka, Restrict and I spend many hours crafting, testing, then writing our builds.

We care a lot that people are trying them because they work very well. Then there are always those trolls who downvote us, and we won't really care because we understand that trolls exist and there's no way to stop them.

However, when it's QQ-rage-downvotes, they are more irritating than troll-downvotes due to the fact that we tried to HELP them improve their guides only to be voted down ourselves so that they look better. These are the kinds of people that are irritating and discourage constructive criticism on MOBAFire.
Super old vet that almost never goes on Mobafire anymore. Contact me in game @ SixSonatas and Mobafire chat (NA).
1 2 3 4

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide