Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Aww the poor baby cant take criticism??

Creator: Restrictnine#5232 December 3, 2010 4:52pm
hypershatter
<Member>
hypershatter's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 3, 2010 10:34pm | Report
u can kinda tell by the writing which players cant take criticism and which are open to suggestions. for those that cant take criticism (saying something like "my build BEST"), i just ignore the build, dont wana get downvoted by a troll.

but ya even if i post criticisms usually i dont downvote. if i want to offer suggestions, i got my message across through comments, downvoting doesnt really help anyone.
Visfarix
<Member>
Visfarix's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 3, 2010 10:38pm | Report
SixSonatas wrote:

Thing is, caucheka, Restrict and I spend many hours crafting, testing, then writing our builds.

We care a lot that people are trying them because they work very well. Then there are always those trolls who downvote us, and we won't really care because we understand that trolls exist and there's no way to stop them.

However, when it's QQ-rage-downvotes, they are more irritating than troll-downvotes due to the fact that we tried to HELP them improve their guides only to be voted down ourselves so that they look better. These are the kinds of people that are irritating and discourage constructive criticism on MOBAFire.

This, a thousand times this. And the fact that I have almost no upvotes because my build looks ******ed to most players means I have nothing to offset the downvotes and so my build goes to >50% obscurity.
Tr4ce
<Member>
Tr4ce's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 4, 2010 4:22am | Report
Wow if all of your builds got down voted that's lame ;-;....but ik how you feel... I told some guy my opinion.. and next thing i know my builds get down voted for no reason.. no comment at all.. Its a smack to the face.. But no one ever saids anything.. I'm that kind of person that gets paranoid when people randomly - my build.. I'm like well was it an item? Did I explain this right? I get upset for no fking reason... but its usually people who want their builds to be seen. But yeah.. some people if you say you dont like something.. they get butt-hurt... when your just trying to help. ;/ But how do u fix something as complicated as this? ;/
Dkiller
<Member>
Dkiller's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 4, 2010 4:43am | Report
HEY ADMINS!!!!!!!!!!!! READ THIS THREAD FFS!!!!! Anyways, i say we make it so your only allowed to rate a build if u commented on it, in order to be able to press the + or - you MUST ALREADY HAVE A COMMENT ON THAT PAGE. Then, if people start leaving stupid or random comments, the admins can go back track em down and either ban or set em straight. GG good sirs.
Advertising My Pantheon build because THIS IS SPARTA!!!!!
SixSonatas
<Veteran>
SixSonatas's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 4, 2010 4:47am | Report
@Dkiller

This has already been suggested and theorized not to work since people can just make a bad/good comment and downvote regardless. The reason of track & ban would be that admins would just have WAY too much to handle; people can simply create new accounts and re-vote, making it more time wasteful for the admins.

What I do suggest is IP monitoring and banning, if that's possible. Matt, Dr. Tran, etc., can I get a word on this?
Super old vet that almost never goes on Mobafire anymore. Contact me in game @ SixSonatas and Mobafire chat (NA).
Tr4ce
<Member>
Tr4ce's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 4, 2010 4:56am | Report
I Dont really read the forums a lot but maybe...

Showing what that person voted for example you voted +1... your message is green? -1= Red?
IP Ban for multiple accs tottaly agree with Above^..
And to have less unwanted builds... have an enforced amount of description?...
B-Wong
<Member>
B-Wong's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 4, 2010 10:12am | Report
Tr4ce wrote:

I Dont really read the forums a lot but maybe...

Showing what that person voted for example you voted +1... your message is green? -1= Red?
IP Ban for multiple accs tottaly agree with Above^..
And to have less unwanted builds... have an enforced amount of description?...

These things are already in effect. There's many things still in the works, though.

Restrictnine#5232
<Veteran>
Restrictnine#5232's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 4, 2010 10:31am | Report
Actually, you would be surprised. multiple account DV isnt as common as you might think. People are far more subtle about it. And multiple acc DV is fairly easy to catch i would think. I like the feedback i get on my rages though. good to know theres other people that give a damn.
Click on the Banner to see my new and improved Udyr guide!

Guides By RestrictNine, A.K.A. Taggrin
PFP
<Member>
PFP's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 4, 2010 10:40am | Report
Yes I feel that I can no longer give my honest opinions on peoples guides or item builds anymore. Even though I rarely negative vote anyone after I give my opinion, I check back on my guide and there's another -1 :(
JACN
<Member>
JACN's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 4, 2010 11:00am | Report
I read your Udyr and Fiddle guides Restrict, I liked them both, so I gave them a Thumbs up. Hopefully that helps a little in rebalancing the uneeded downvotes. I have recieved a downvote without comment before too. I know how that feels, but I have never had a downvote for giving my opinion on another guide.

At least I don't think thats what I got that downvote for.

Just remember guys/gals/marshmellow men that not everyone is so callous as to downvote for revenge. You have more of a chance of getting solid feedback and upvotes for good work than getting a revenge downvote for something you said.

I do think there needs to be less anonymity in the voting system. Let us review who has voted and how they voted. So that we may discuss with them why they didn't like our guide, and how we can make it work better for them.

You may say that this will just cause more problems, but I think it will fix more of them than it will cause.

This site needs 100% truthfulland honest feedback and votes for it to work effectively.

I have heard of people with top guides, downvoting any other guide for the same champion so theirs stays at the top. I have heard a lot of these things. People need to be banned for random downvotes without cause.

TLDR; Make the system more open, force people to comment when voting. /endthread

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide