Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

[DISCUSS] How to get ELO in the SOLO QUEUE?

Creator: ProAsylum May 16, 2012 4:54am
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 11
What is more needed to get ELO in the SOLO QUEUE?
ProAsylum
<Member>
ProAsylum's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 16, 2012 9:16am | Report
EvilDice wrote:

i never said you did. i am saying that chaox himself is an example of why solo queue is NOT a failure

that's right though :)
there are other players who show that skill can beat luck. for example Wickd.
his smurf APWickd is now around 2,3k and 2,4k within 1-2 weeks.
Wickd wrote:
I thought League of legends is a fair game but then a bee came

~Lead me to battle~

QUICK KARMA GAMEPLAY GUIDE
FREE SIGNATURES HERE <3
Wintermond
<Member>
Wintermond's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 16, 2012 9:23am | Report
Solo Queue is all about skill. If you lost, it's because you didn't play well enough.
I can't stress this enough.

Ofc, there are games where you fail and get carried and there are games where you do well and still lose. But luck and bad luck annul each other in solo queue. That's the matchmaking system and that's why bad players are in the 1200 area. They can't carry and are dependant on how their or the enemy team performs. The more elo you have the better you can carry, and if you can carry you are usually a good player.

There's a huge difference in the skill level of 100 elo difference, at least after ~silver rating. As a 1700 player, you are playing better than a 1600 player. As a 1800 player you are playing better than the average 1.7k player and so on. When I play on a friend's smurf at ~1.5k elo it doesn't matter what champ I pick or what runes I have, I will win the game 90% of the time because I can carry and because I can play the game better. In soloq you learn how to carry a team by yourself, you can only rely on yourself in order to win at a consistent rate.

There is not really much more about it.

El Psy Congroo.

|You can't spell slaughter without laughter.|

ProAsylum
<Member>
ProAsylum's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 16, 2012 9:29am | Report
Wintermond wrote:

Solo Queue is all about skill. If you lost, it's because you didn't play well enough.
I can't stress this enough.

Ofc, there are games where you fail and get carried and there are games where you do well and still lose. But luck and bad luck annul each other in solo queue. That's the matchmaking system and that's why bad players are in the 1200 area. They can't carry and are dependant on how their or the enemy team performs. The more elo you have the better you can carry, and if you can carry you are usually a good player.

There's a huge difference in the skill level of 100 elo difference, at least after ~silver rating. As a 1700 player, you are playing better than a 1600 player. As a 1800 player you are playing better than the average 1.7k player and so on. When I play on a friend's smurf at ~1.5k elo it doesn't matter what champ I pick or what runes I have, I will win the game 90% of the time because I can carry and because I can play the game better. In soloq you learn how to carry a team by yourself, you can only rely on yourself in order to win at a consistent rate.

There is not really much more about it.

that's true.
Wickd wrote:

~They faced NOTHING like me~

FREE SIGNATURES HERE <3
koksei
<Member>
koksei's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 16, 2012 9:31am | Report
all about skill
there are just some games you can't carry and some games where you tilt cuz you rage/are tired.

if you are good you'll raise

~ Sig by Xiaowiriamu ~
LaronX
<Member>
LaronX's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 16, 2012 10:00am | Report
Just judging by my normal games I would say Luck is not the biggest factor. In low games moral is the biggest factor. If you team thinks they will lose they will start to do stupied stuff which will mostly lead to a lose or even worse if they are ahead they think they can 1v5 the enemy and throw the game hard. And the moral of your team is directly linked to your skill and performance in the game. If you give away first blood and die 3-4 times in lane they won't trust you and every call by you will be ignored. Furthermore every kill you lane opponent gets will be your fault even though they face checked brushes like a baws.
So yeah I would say most of at least normal games, and they should not be much diffrent form 1200 elo, are very based one your own skill and your peformenc. Sure there are games that you can't win but then again you won't be like 20/1/20 in this games becaus if you didn't make good calls.
Booshido
<Member>
Booshido's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 16, 2012 11:06am | Report
u can carry one noob on your team, but 2 is propably a loss, every game is like 49% chance to win
RCIX
<Member>
RCIX's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 16, 2012 11:12am | Report
It's skill, but you have to be super-positive. If you have the knowledge to do fairly well, and can counterbalance 2 or 3 people being negative and saying gg every time someone dies (or other forms of bickering/negativity), then you can probably pull off a win.
Nasus says hi
EvilDice
<Shoutcaster>
EvilDice's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 16, 2012 11:23am | Report
best thing ive learned in solo q is to not get an inflated ego. ive made two falls from 1900 back into low 1700s and both times in 1700s i was just like "sup baddies im here to carry you". that just compounded my losses and made the team watch me under a microscope.

best thing to do in solo q is to keep a cool head and focus on yourself, and in general just relax. i mute cross-team chat and use the ignore button often, and i've found that it's really helped me out a lot as far as mindset goes. since then i am on a 10 game win streak and am once again knocking on the door of 1900 (and hopefully once again 2k)

Thanks to Anal Samurai for the sig!

twitch.tv/dicetherice - @dicetherice
ProAsylum
<Member>
ProAsylum's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 16, 2012 11:25am | Report
EvilDice wrote:

best thing ive learned in solo q is to not get an inflated ego. ive made two falls from 1900 back into low 1700s and both times in 1700s i was just like "sup baddies im here to carry you". that just compounded my losses and made the team watch me under a microscope.

best thing to do in solo q is to keep a cool head and focus on yourself, and in general just relax. i mute cross-team chat and use the ignore button often, and i've found that it's really helped me out a lot as far as mindset goes. since then i am on a 10 game win streak and am once again knocking on the door of 1900.

!! good advice ;)
everyone please read this
Wickd wrote:

~One by one they will fall~

FREE SIGNATURES HERE <3
Xenasis
<Member>
Xenasis's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 16, 2012 11:33am | Report
100% relevant -
If you can't get up in Elo then it's you, not your team. It would be ridiculous to say it was luck for your Elo. Maybe one game is somewhat based off luck, but, mathematically, if you are the god player you say you are, you will automatically have 1 good player in your team.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 11

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide