Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

[DISCUSS] How to get ELO in the SOLO QUEUE?

Creator: ProAsylum May 16, 2012 4:54am
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 11
What is more needed to get ELO in the SOLO QUEUE?
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 16, 2012 5:42am | Report
The only place where ELO-Hell exists is:
1150-1250
And 1900+
Anywhere outside of that elo-hell is bull****.

1150-1250:
Players start here, that's why here it is Pretty ****ing random what skill the teammates has. Thus creating a elo-hell right there, since there are SOOO many different skill levels right here.

1900+:
Too few players for the matchup section to work properly, thus creating unfair matchups. A 1900 elo'er going into a matchup with a 2100 elo'er top is pretty much given how the toplane is gonna turn out(unless the 1900'er picks a ******ed top champ like kennen... pfft, i hate kennen....). This is not exactly elo hell though since that the teams are balanced in terms of average elo. So overall the teams should be balanced anyways.

Check my sig if you feel like you're in elo-hell and can't carry yourself out of it
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice
samgoeslol
<Member>
samgoeslol's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 16, 2012 5:49am | Report
so winning a single game is about luck!
but in the long run, chances will balance each other out.
Its basic maths (empiric law of large numbers). If you don well you will have a good win/loss ratio since the chance of a troll being on the enemy-team is 25% higher than the troll being on your team.
There will always be games you cant win, but there are games you cannot lose aswell.
And speaking "karma", if you lose a game for your team, you "deserve" to lose 4 more games!

If you say its not about skill, then watch a mid/highelo player play in 1200 elo. He will have huge winratios because he has the skillset to actually get about 20 kills in 20 minutes!

There will always be elo swings, but if you way above your "true elo" you will consistently do bad and vice versa.

If you think you were just unlucky in some games, you might be right. But ask yourself the following question: is there no way i coulda carried taht game?
If and only if you can say No to that question 100% of the games, you can strat talking about how you got owned by matchmaking.

One simple trick to win mid/lowelo rankedgames: buy tons of wards (i buy 3-5 wards almost every time i back when i play on a smurf) that way you can pickup freekills in the enemyjungle and prevent your teammates from dying (if they dont back, just run there and countergank!)

greez sam

I will sometimes be streaming low elo games on a friend's account, check it out on strawhatbro.net
<-summonername on EUW: strawhatbro
check out my blog
+rep if you like my posts^^
watch my stream
follow me on twitter and facebook
Slappiz
<Member>
Slappiz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 16, 2012 5:50am | Report
ProAsylum wrote:

no not at all. before you start ranking and after 200 games....
are you still the player with the same skills?

I see that you have only around 30/30 games in ranked, then you won't understand this thread.

LoL ? i got 30/30 in ranked games, u ******ed ?

got 250 games played and 1900ish rating
ProAsylum
<Member>
ProAsylum's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 16, 2012 5:52am | Report
samgoeslol wrote:

[...]
If you say its not about skill, then watch a mid/highelo player play in 1200 elo. He will have huge winratios because he has the skillset to actually get about 20 kills in 20 minutes!
[...]

Sure. I played with my mate's account on 1k ELO, too and pretty much won all games. Of course skill is one of the factors I mentioned but in my opinion the other factors have more weight.
Wickd wrote:
I thought League of legends is a fair game but then a bee came

This signature I made for Iowedya:

QUICK KARMA GAMEPLAY GUIDE
FREE SIGNATURES HERE <3
ProAsylum
<Member>
ProAsylum's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 16, 2012 5:54am | Report
Slappiz wrote:

LoL ? i got 30/30 in ranked games, u ******ed ?

got 250 games played and 1900ish rating

ops i'm sorry. I thought you are EU-W.
no need to be offensive.
Wickd wrote:

-Violence against violence:

FREE SIGNATURES HERE <3
xIchi
<Member>
xIchi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 16, 2012 5:55am | Report
The point here isn't that ProAsylum is crying about himself beeing stuck in some elo.
What you said is completely right, and a professinal could just beat everyone up in 1,2k elo.
(like I did in the lower elos with my 0 to 1520+ project).

What he wants to know is the opinion of everyone else here. And I voted for luck.
You can do maths with big numbers, but in the end every little number in the whole number salad is one human. You cannot do maths with the human mentality/skill. The 25% of troll is true, but then the troll can still own actually. As long as it is not a feeding on purpose troll.

And as GMD said, the Elo system is not made for Teamgames. It's from chess, where ppl play 1on1... so an elo system that would work on a teamgame would be really hard...
ProAsylum
<Member>
ProAsylum's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 16, 2012 5:58am | Report
xIchi wrote:

The point here isn't that ProAsylum is crying about himself beeing stuck in some elo.
What you said is completely right, and a professinal could just beat everyone up in 1,2k elo.
(like I did in the lower elos with my 0 to 1520+ project).

What he wants to know is the opinion of everyone else here. And I voted for luck.
You can do maths with big numbers, but in the end every little number in the whole number salad is one human. You cannot do maths with the human mentality/skill. The 25% of troll is true, but then the troll can still own actually. As long as it is not a feeding on purpose troll.

And as GMD said, the Elo system is not made for Teamgames. It's from chess, where ppl play 1on1... so an elo system that would work on a teamgame would be really hard...

where is the like button on mobafire
Wickd wrote:

~They faced NOTHING like me~

FREE SIGNATURES HERE <3
samgoeslol
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 16, 2012 5:58am | Report
ProAsylum wrote:

Sure. I played with my mate's account on 1k ELO, too and pretty much won all games. Of course skill is one of the factors I mentioned but in my opinion the other factors have more weight.

what other factors are there that dont even themselves out after a high quantity of games?

I definitely understand your viewpoint but after playing tens of thousands of hands in online poker and making a decent deal of money with it, i feel that the same rules can be applied to soloQ.

There are always hands you play perfectly but lose because you got sucked out (ie the enemy hitting a 2outer on the river)

And there will always be hands where you tiltshove QQ vs AA and hit the Q on the flop.

Or where you just get cooler'd by AA when you hold KK and hit the K

the principle is the same and trust me ive seen swings you wouldnt believe

EG i had negative stats with AA in shortstackstrategy (ie pretty much shoving preflop) and positive stats on 67o over a samplesize of about 50k hands...

At the end of the day/month/year you prettymuch get the bb/100 you deserve. (bigblind/100hands)

greez sam
check out my blog
watch my stream
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 16, 2012 5:59am | Report

Or.. might it be the first time you were at 1.5k ELO, you didn't deserve to be there?

My thoughts exactly.

What makes you say you don't belong in that ELO range? Are you heavily fed every game, outplaying every opponent you face? I honestly doubt it.
I'm not saying you don't belong higher, but I dislike people acting like they should be much higher than they are right now. If you deserve to be 2k, for example, you won't get stuck in 1500, that simple.

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the signature!
samgoeslol
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 16, 2012 6:12am | Report
another thing i would like to add here is that one can reduce the chances of his own team feeding/trolling by being friendly. The next thing is if you play jungle/mid/top/support (ie everything exept ad-carry) you can gank other lanes and make sure they win their respective lanes.

How many games did i win all 3 lanes by myself even tho i was the only one doing well on his own?
many games! If you can crush your own lane you should be able to win other lanes for your team aswell and force objectives.

Whenever i play kat/fizz i spend most of my game on sidelanes/in the enemy jungle.

greez sam
check out my blog
watch my stream
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 11

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide