Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Ezreal, Ashe, Lux megacombo

Creator: JunSupport June 1, 2011 1:28am
1 2
JunSupport
<Veteran>
JunSupport's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 3, 2011 11:07pm | Report
Anyone else notice that the AoE meta might be reviving?

Ezreal buffed.
Lux solid pick.
Sona's like her old pre-nerf self (when AoEs were good)
Ashe and TF are top tier picks (wild Cards is subpar as AoE but still counts)
Zilean and Janna are the most popular supports played in high ELO, both use AoEs
Amumu and Singed are top tier now ever since Shen's nerf.
Vlad is still as imblanaced and flawed as ever, with no end to his hemomancing spree in sight.

And to top it all off,
Orianna is pure AoEs and the most strongest AP Caster in the game when played properly.
~ Gentlemen Cho'Gath ~
┌──┐
┴──┴
< ಠ,....,ರೃ>
~ Keeping this sig classy ~

Guides of Mine - Click the... Eh... Come back later

~Undergoing barbaric-Destruction, tasteful-Renovation, and blasphemous-Reconstruction soonâ„¢~
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 3, 2011 11:14pm | Report
I know diddly-squat about meta. So, sure. Let's say it's returning.
Sig courtesy of GrandmasterD. Go get your own sig from them. :D
JunSupport
<Veteran>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 4, 2011 3:02am | Report
A metagame is what the community considers the best strategy, which usually ends up excluding a lot of champions from being viable. Riot considers which imbalanced, and it also makes the game boring to have only a select portion of champions useful for playing.

Earliest I've heard of is the Heal and Poke Meta.
All about kiting, having a healer grant the team eternal youth, and harass the enemy to hell. And pushing.

Then it was AoE Meta and Tanky DPS Meta back in late 2010
AoEs like Amumu, Miss Fortune, and Vladimir combos were entirely OP and dominated late-game team fights, while the only rivals were tanky DPS like Malphite, Olaf, Udyr, etc.. who could endure AoE damage and CC down it's targets with sustained damage output.

AoE got nerfed, but Tanky DPS took nothing.
It's still lingering at the moment. You know how you cringe everytime you see that all 5 enemies are bulky champions with stuns, gap closers, or durability? That's you recognizing Tanky DPS.

Other meta at the moment is split-pushing. Champions who can farm minion waves fast, and resist to enemy-ganking well do exceptionally here; such as Teemo, Singed, and Twisted Fate. But this is a very team-comp oriented method, so ranked games can block it with bans and careful positioning, and it's more of a general strategy for teams to learn to use.
~ Gentlemen Cho'Gath ~
┌──┐
┴──┴
< ಠ,....,ರೃ>

~Undergoing barbaric-Destruction, tasteful-Renovation, and blasphemous-Reconstruction soonâ„¢~
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 4, 2011 10:01am | Report
I kinda knew that. I didn't know what the previous metas were is all.

Thank you to jhoijhoi for the sig, and all the dividers in the guide.

Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 4, 2011 10:17am | Report
JunSupport wrote:

And to top it all off,
Orianna is pure AoEs and the most strongest AP Caster in the game when played properly.

Strongest AP Caster in the game?

Are we playing two different games? Because Orianna is an amazing support champion, but she's far from an Anivia or an Annie.
Tri lane for life.
Pwnzor1130
<Member>
Pwnzor1130's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 4, 2011 11:43am | Report
Ya, how is Orianna the strongest AP caster? Did you forget about malzahar, annie, anivia, vladimir, etc.?

Thanks to The Nameless Bard and Vavena for the sigs!
JunSupport
<Veteran>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 4, 2011 7:05pm | Report
First off. Orianna is a secondary support class.
She's not a "main" support. She's a nuker.

You guys haven't seen the math have you?

Orianna has the highest spike nuke along with the strongest laning phase relative to any other caster.
Veigar is the only one with a stronger spike-damage nuke, with a very weak lane-phase.
And I can't really think of any caster aside from Gragas who can even compare to Orianna's lane, and only because he can consistently heal himself, his nuke is a weak to balance his tankiness.

Here's the thread with the math:
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=805390&highlight=orianna+3252

Orianna when played properly; at 300, 400, or 500 AP, can deal more damage then ANY other champion excluding a well farmed Veigar if her nuke is executed correctly in tandem with her passive.

This is actually a fairly difficult thing to do, as positioning with The Ball can be tricky, but that difficulty only justifies her strength.
~ Gentlemen Cho'Gath ~
┌──┐
┴──┴
< ಠ,....,ರೃ>

1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide