Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

[Fan-Project] - Riot Realtime User Statistics

Creator: arrivalz June 18, 2011 4:36pm
1 2 3
arrivalz
<Member>
arrivalz's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 18, 2011 4:36pm | Report
Dear MOBAFire community, I am new around here ( actually this is my first post here ) But don't worry I don’t want to screw around or do any commercial stuff here..

No it’s actually about this little online project we developed;
which fetches member statistics in realtime directly from Riot Games.

www.LoLStatistics.com

It does all the magic you probably already know from lolbase riotstas etc. like :

• Member Stats
• Champions
• Matches
• Ladders

But in this particular case in we do it realtime without uploading or parsing logfiles etc.

The prob is, we need some professional feedback. ( and I think you guys are the right ones to ask )

Is it worth it to keep on working; does it even work; should be something be added or is just another ****ty site without fortune ?

I really would appreciate any kind ( good, bad, whatever ) of feedback or input about this project

Thanks to you all

Greetings

..Arrivalz
Skrallz
<Member>
Skrallz's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 18, 2011 4:46pm | Report
The things I find good :

All the features on the website
The fact that a realtime website actually exists

And Bad :

Search should be called "Player Finder"
And it is also a little plain

Overall :

Very good website will serve the same or more use than lol base.

And yes I think you should continue with this !

Good luck,

Skrallz

My Akali build is on its way :)

Xiaowiriamu
Thanks for the sig <3

Quoted:
‎"School is like a *****, it's long and hard unless your asian" - Elementz

[/center]
PotatisFarfar
<Veteran>
PotatisFarfar's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 18, 2011 5:07pm | Report
Looks like it is working atleast ;)

just add a little bit of colour.

Ofc keep it going!
Ya1232
<Member>
Ya1232's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 18, 2011 5:16pm | Report
I agree you should keep it going but add some color and a background image or something.
There seems to be alot of wasted space but Im not sure what you could put in to make up for that.
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 18, 2011 5:20pm | Report
Here's my thoughts in linear oder:

1) omg cool, it looks like Google!
2) "We served stats" should be "We have served" or "1612 League of Legends players have located their stats through our services"
3) You might want to center the page a bit more, move the logo 4-5 enter spaces down so everything is not just shoved up the top of the screen (will make it more aesthetically pleasing)
4) *liked on Facebook*
5) Disappoint! My username and in-game summoner name both don't come up with a hit :(
6) OH. You have to hit search - I thought that when the pop up box saying "Nothing found" came up, that well, nothing was found.
7) OMFG AWESOME. PURE AWESOME. VERY VERY VERY VERY AWESOME.

Dude! This is awesome! Very neat, detailed, very nice!

Some suggestions:

1) Allow for users to search for the champions they want to find stats for - or can't you find stats for Normal games?

2) You should have a link to an example page somewhere that shows what things are - like an arrow pointing to my avatar that says "Avatar"

3) Max time played - you should have the measuring stat there, was it hours, minutes, seconds?

4) Most Champion Kills Per Session & Max Champions Killed are the same thing

5) There should be a heading before the Ranked stats to show that the below information is all about Ranked.

6) Some of your stats aren't working/shouldn't be there:
Shouldn't be there:
- bot games played
- normal games played
- solo games played (unless this is meant to be Solo Queue, in which case I have "0" and that's not true)
Not Working:
- spells cast
- Total deaths per session says 296... sure I'd be reported for feeding in that game :P

7) The champions displayed should be displayed in terms of how many games you've played with them. So I shouldn't be seeing Renekton first when I've only played one game with him.

8) In "Game Stats" you should have "Left" instead of "Leaved"

9) ELO CHANGE!? Could you possibly find the ELO for Normal games?

10) Instead of Team = 1 OR 2, maybe Purple OR Blue

11) In the Game Stats you should have another column for "Victory" = Yes/No

12) The map type seems wrong sometimes. I definitely have never had the chance to play the Winter map (as I started playing after it was deleted)

Your other pages:

About
1) You should have a proper About page - list who made this, who's idea was it, what you're thinking about doing for it in the future

FAQ
1) Your second answer "aswell" should be two words
2) Riot Games should be capitalised
3) Your last answer should include the Donation button you have on the main page. In face, the donation button should be available on every page - not just the main one

Games
1) You should retitle this as "Current Custom Games"

Champions
1) Love this section! Very cool!
2) You should be able to click on a champion to see their in-game profiles. So if I click Brand, I should be able to see his Back Story, his skins, his abilities (but described better), his Tips/Hints and his main page which shows difficulty/health stats.
3) You should think about including other nifty things here, like maybe Elementz Tier List (with links to the original authors)

Ladders
1) You should be able to search your name here to find where you sit on the ladder (am I all the way on page 4322? I WANT TO KNOW!)
2) You should have a Legend/Key somewhere that tells you what "na" or "eu" means (to those who might not know)
3) You should make the table smaller? Right now there's a lot of unnecessary space for the column "name"

OTHER IDEAS

1) It'd be awesome if you could show a list of all the items and order them in popularity - the way you've listed the champions in order of popularity. It'd be cool to see if Banshee's Veil is really as mandatory as every thinks :P

2) ^ it'd be great if you could have an Items page

3) It'd be awesome if my game statistics showed me the most common items I bought with each hero (with Ashe it should be Doran's Blade)

4) What are Telent Points?

5) The Player Stats are all over the place, with Sessions played on the left somewhere and then Sessions Lost/Won on the right. Maybe group common factors together?

That's all I have! Absolutely loved this site ^^ Thanks!
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by arrizen ♡
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 18, 2011 5:27pm | Report
NO!

I can't donate!

It won't let me change from Spanish to English! D:

♡ sig by Jovy ♡
SinDelta
<Member>
SinDelta's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 18, 2011 5:43pm | Report
Site looks good but some of the stats are slightly off. It gave me 100 more wins and losses then i actually have and i have a question about where it says ELO change. I thought normal elo was based off how many wins you have over losses? But it shows that mine goes up or down depending if i won or not and not on how many times i won over my losses.

*edit*
LOL nevermind it was correct, it says my normal elo is 400 lol... i dont know how that is possible but what ever lol
Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/JohnnySceneTM
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 18, 2011 5:52pm | Report
^ Everyone's says 400. It's a wrong statistic :3

♡ sig by me ♡
th3BlackAngel
<Member>
th3BlackAngel's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 18, 2011 7:13pm | Report
@SinDelta- the wins and losses displayed are the total between ranked, unranked, and co-op vs ai.

@arrivalz- the site looks good, needs some color though as said in above posts. I do find the stats a bit unorganized, but that might just be me. Overall the site looks promising, kudos.
Nidalee - Olympic Gold Medalist Guide <-- Recently Updated
Thanks to AlexanPT for this amazing sig

What People Look For In a Guide
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 18, 2011 8:33pm | Report
This is a really extensive site. I would donate but, I have no way to get funds onto the net. Good job making this and good luck keeping it up.
True love is found only in yourself.
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide