Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Forum Rules and Behavior

Creator: Jebus McAzn May 19, 2011 7:17pm
1 2
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 19, 2011 7:17pm | Report

This thread is not being published because of the impetus of any specific previous event - it is just that commenting has gotten a little too... outrageous in the last few weeks and we have decided to take action.

To be honest, this has been discussed in the vet forums since around January when a whole lot of spam comes up, but it boils back down. We reached an agreement in the mod forums yesterday, and this is coming out accordingly. But enough of history.

These will generally be global rules for the entire forum, with very few exceptions.

Rules
1. No spamming. Try to keep any and all comments constructive in your replies. We strongly discourage posts consisting of little more than a smiley face or just a quote of someone else's response. Try to keep your post above 10 letters. If this guideline is not met, we may have to implement a letter filter that will force you to post over 10 letters.

In particular, quote pyramids are no longer allowed as they're pointless. The same goes for all the heart nonsense.

2. No thread derailing. If a thread has had its question answered, or even if it hasn't, don't derail the thread into something else completely different from the OP, unless it will promote further constructive discussion about anything League of Legends or MOBAFire related. We love that you guys have fun around here, but keep the derailing to the Off-Topic forum, where it belongs.

3. No personal attacks or flaming. We won't disallow the use of profanity (after all, you're not children :P) but the attacking, insulting, or flaming of another user is not tolerated around here. If you have a problem with a user, send him/her a private message or even better, report the user. Any instance of an attack on another user will result in an immediate warning PM and a temporary/permanent ban for future offenses.

Repeat offenses of the first two rules or a first-time offense of the third rule will result in a moderator sending you a warning PM. Any further offenses may result in a temporary or even permanent ban, depending on the severity of the issue.

Thank you for your time and cooperation.

Update: 9/11/2011

I'm adding an addendum to the previous rules.

When you post a thread, post with purpose. This applies not only to General, but to every section of the forum. What are you attempting to accomplish with a thread? Is there a better place to post it, or is there a sticky for it?

Threads that lead nowhere, threads that are pointless, and threads that promote nothing but flaming and arguments will be locked immediately.

Update: 01/07/2012

I'd like to make everyone aware, if you weren't already, that spam includes obvious spam threads or video advertising anywhere apart from the Videos and Streams section. To a lesser extent, spam also includes posting anything intentionally in the wrong forum, or "thread necromancy", the act of posting in a thread that has not been posted in for several months. The last two actions will probably not get you banned, but I wouldn't try repeatedly doing them to tempt the mods.
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 19, 2011 7:18pm | Report
I'd like to note that any trolling or spam posts in this particular thread will be deleted immediately and this thread will have to be locked if it becomes a problem. I'm keeping this open to encourage some constructive discussion.
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 19, 2011 7:20pm | Report
Was gonna be like 'inb4 close' since you just posted it. But I guess your to cool for that. i still lu Jebus!

gj on thread.

Booshido
<Member>
Booshido's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 19, 2011 7:24pm | Report
Wrath has about 5 posts then if you inplement rule 1 (**** BROKE RULE 3)
Jet
<Member>
Jet's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 19, 2011 7:34pm | Report
dont make promises you cant keep, bro
Jet has been banned for trolling and blatant racism.
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 20, 2011 12:24am | Report
guys can i ask something? how do we actually vote?:D
Atarios
<Member>
Atarios's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 20, 2011 12:27am | Report
This is great and really informative.

+reped.
Thanks Jhoi,Xenasis,JEFFY40HANDS for the Sigs ! :D
orochinagi
<Member>
orochinagi's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 20, 2011 5:26am | Report

2. No thread derailing. If a thread has had its question answered, or even if it hasn't, don't derail the thread into something else completely different from the OP, unless it will promote further constructive discussion about anything League of Legends or MOBAFire related. We love that you guys have fun around here, but keep the derailing to the Off-Topic forum, where it belongs.

Hmmm... I'm a fairly new member to the community and i've already seen threads in off-topic getting closed due to derailing too much. Isn't that the right spot to go random?

+rep for the post explaining the rules tho :)
7. Shouting Demacia, either irl or in /all, has been known to improve your game play.
B-Wong
<Member>
B-Wong's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 20, 2011 7:09am | Report
orochinagi wrote:

Hmmm... I'm a fairly new member to the community and i've already seen threads in off-topic getting closed due to derailing too much. Isn't that the right spot to go random?

+rep for the post explaining the rules tho :)

They usually get closed after some drama or something happens. That or the post is extremely unproductive like the only words being in it are "hi".

Dante Rebellion
<Member>
Dante Rebellion's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 20, 2011 9:52am | Report
can the quote pyramids stay alive in the off-topic section?
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide