Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

I want my MMR to go down how can I do this?

Creator: Sirnikolai March 24, 2015 9:07pm
Sirnikolai
<Member>
Sirnikolai's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 25, 2015 9:05am | Report
I'm just saying if there was a option i would take to IMPROVE solo. Regardless in my provisional mathces I had 3 gold users teammates & enemies, which means their MMR took a hit as well. So I'm just going to improve myself with custom games like improve on the jg role(smite) and such.
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 25, 2015 9:19am | Report
Tbh I think the best way to improve is to lose to people who are better than you
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks for the sig, MissMaw!
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 25, 2015 9:39am | Report
You could also play normals, that's what I did for a long time after getting level 30. Getting some experience on all roles, growing a decent champion pool and buying some rune pages, it's all possible in normal blind.
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 25, 2015 9:40am | Report
utopus wrote:
Tbh I think the best way to improve is to lose to people who are better than you

Depends how much better. If you play against people more than two tiers against you, you probably won't even know why you lost.
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 25, 2015 3:58pm | Report
Vynertje wrote:

Depends how much better. If you play against people more than two tiers against you, you probably won't even know why you lost.

I think there's truth here. When I played against Wickd, there was a point where he was roflstomping us so hard that he said on stream: 'There's literally nothing I can teach you guys right now about playing this game.'

If you want to improve, just play the damn game, maybe record it and get feedback from better players. Lowering your MMR is probably one of the most ineffective ways at improving I've ever heard of. It's almost like you're saying: 'I'm going to Bronze so I can learn how to play like a Bronze', or 'I'm going to Bronze so I can improve to Silver'. - It literally makes 0 sense.
Sirnikolai
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 25, 2015 9:09pm | Report
Well clearly they are @ an higher lv than me. The matches would be close if the matchmaking was fair.
I can't even win a bot match with my A.i's being labelled beginner & facing intermediates enemies 5 vs 5. Like yea of course I get the most kills, but the objective is impossible when my A.I can't do ****. Well you guys already master this ,so i don't expect loses from you guys in this position.
Fat_fast
<Member>
Fat_fast's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 25, 2015 9:32pm | Report
Yeah, I kinda agree with you. It's frustrating to lose, more so if you know you are going to lose but there's nothing you can do about it. That's why I suggest getting a smurf account, to diversify your experience, to get the feel for carrying and put yourself into a position where you can do right things, like objective-driven play style, leadership and sportmanship... Not to mention, if you're inactive for long, the system will take MMR off your account =)). Win-win.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 25, 2015 9:48pm | Report
Sirnikolai wrote:
Well clearly they are @ an higher lv than me. The matches would be close if the matchmaking was fair.
Well, be entirely honest here: how much PvP SR did you play before hitting level 30? When I started playing co-op vs. AI didn't even exist, so probably 95%+ of my games to level 30 were PvP. I wasn't entirely prepared for the people I was being matched up against initially, but I still hit close to 1350 Elo in season one despite that fact.
Sirnikolai
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 25, 2015 10:06pm | Report
Well, be entirely honest here: how much PvP SR did you play before hitting level 30? When I started playing co-op vs. AI didn't even exist, so probably 95%+ of my games to level 30 were PvP. I wasn't entirely prepared for the people I was being matched up against initially, but I still hit close to 1350 Elo in season one despite that fact.

I tried PVP SR back when I was Lv14 & I was jinx still facing lv 30's back than. Oh well i got to lv 30 by doing a lot of ARAM (139 wins) not as much as people with 800wins like holy cow much do you play you know...... I did a lot of nemesis draft in SR, so that was neat, but not the real SR. Anyways I will stick with improvng my game against intermediate bots for now.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 25, 2015 10:12pm | Report
You won't improve playing against bots, that's kind of the problem with the whole thing. The only way you'll ever improve is by playing against (and with) real people.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide