Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

In-depth explanation about new metagame?

Creator: GodKiIlThemAll December 19, 2014 6:08pm
GodKiIlThemAll
<Member>
GodKiIlThemAll's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 22, 2014 7:03pm | Report
Thanks for helping a lot here.
About Gnar, I forgot to make a question about him. Since he's pretty predictable, is he really a priority in ban/pick phase which I've seen he got banned/picked plenty of times.

And still about the jungle again (I'm very confused about it), Vi is coming back, like Elise, and she can force teamfights so hard with her Cease and Desist, she has decent CC and mobility with Vault Breaker , good damage output so she can comfortably build tankiness and I feel like she does a pretty good job in the jungle. Is she somehow still underestimated?
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 23, 2014 12:55am | Report
LevasK wrote:
Also, looking purely at base damage, Maokai's damage is comparable to Cho'Gath's ( Feast does make it tip into Cho's favor) and as for CC, Cho'Gath has the "potential" to have better CC, but again the CC is comparable and Maokai provides consistent CC.

You did just repeat what I said. And no, the CC is not comparable. Rupture is basically Maokai's Twisted Advance -> arcane smash in one ability and then Cho'Gath also has Feral Scream, the strongest silence spell in the game which disables most enemies for 2.5 seconds. It is one of the strongest CC-abilities in the game.

And about the damage, the damage tips definitly in Cho'Gaths favor if he can do multiple auto attacks with his stupid high AD and Vorpal Spikes. Again, Cho'Gath has the potential to deal way more damage.

Basically, Cho'Gath, compared to Maokai, is a win more champ.
Jimmydoggga 2.0
<Member>
Jimmydoggga 2.0's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 23, 2014 1:09am | Report
How can you be a more inconsistent win more champ?
If anything it should be the other way around.
As for why no one plays him it could just be because he's boring as hell and has only 3 or even 2 abilities up every fight.

Basically MOBAFire.
LevasK
<Member>
LevasK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 23, 2014 2:18am | Report
NicknameMy wrote:

Spoiler: Click to view

^I don't agree with this.

If you wish to discuss Cho'Gath vs Maokai further, make a thread about it, because this thread is not the right place for that.

Thanks for helping a lot here.
Spoiler: Click to view

Gnar

Vi

I'm aware that my answers are rather light this time, but I'm willing to expand upon them, if need be.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.
Hatted
<Member>
Hatted's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 23, 2014 6:47am | Report
Lissandra has been going top a lot. I guess she doesn't have as much crazy burst as others do mid, but Annie top is apparently a thing now. Tanky mage top, I suppose.
Eyy
Savlonic
<Member>
Savlonic's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 23, 2014 10:28am | Report
Hatted wrote:
Lissandra has been going top a lot. I guess she doesn't have as much crazy burst as others do mid, but Annie top is apparently a thing now. Tanky mage top, I suppose.

Solo queue, Annie top does work. Competitively, very, very unlikely to see it.
Sig by TheNameless ^ Check out my Nasus guide ^
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 23, 2014 10:52am | Report
Machine Gun Annie top is best :D.
He is gonna kill you!!!
TheKut
<Member>
TheKut's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 23, 2014 1:12pm | Report
LevasK wrote:
The cooldown of Feast being halved, if you kill a minion/monster, does not negate the fact that you can lose 450HP by simply dying. Also, looking purely at base damage, Maokai's damage is comparable to Cho'Gath's ( Feast does make it tip into Cho's favor) and as for CC, Cho'Gath has the "potential" to have better CC, but again the CC is comparable and Maokai provides consistent CC.

I think you're forgetting that NicknameMy builds Cho'Gath hella weird.
Cooper112
<Member>
Cooper112's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 23, 2014 8:43pm | Report
You guys act as if cho is easy to kill once he gets alot stacks lol. As top laner i hate him if you dont get early kills or stop him from stacking he is impossible to kill 1v1 with alot of champs. You need 2-3 people to kill tank cho with all def.
Jimmydoggga 2.0
<Member>
Jimmydoggga 2.0's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 23, 2014 9:07pm | Report
A wild Cho'Gath appeared!
The wild Cho'Gath ran away!

Basically MOBAFire.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide