Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

It's getting even harder to play LoL

Creator: TheJohn July 5, 2011 3:01pm
1 2 3
TheWorldAsunder
<Member>
TheWorldAsunder's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 6, 2011 4:21pm | Report
TheJohn wrote:

Wow, nice text.

Well, this ELO thing is pretty idiot in my opinion. It doesn't give you points depending how well you did, but if you won or lost. I saw some posts before describling this idea.

If you get a tanker, you should get points for having few deaths and many assists. Maybe by getting x armor and MR.

Thats the idea.

That's a broken system.

I could pick shen, hit level 6 and throw my ult on someone WHENEVER I saw a kill was about to happen. It wouldn't matter if I lost my lane, was 20 CS, and couldn't support anyone, I just need to ult on the carry when a kill's about to happen, and I get an assist. Free ELO, whoooo. We base it off armor and MR? Tank items are cheap as hell. I'll just steal CS from the carry, buy negatron cloaks and chain mail, trololo free elo.

There's no way to base a system off of "how well you did" in a game, because there's absolutely no way to measure that without having a judge with high knowledge of the game preside over it. As I said, I can literally have the score of a feeder. 0/4 on a carry, and it's quite possible that I'll be doing more for the team than someone else will as long as I have better basic knowledge.

You see, the problem with many people in the LoL community when it comes to "elo hell", is believing stuff like: "Well I'm a carry and I'm 11/2. I'm doing awesome derp." That's a huge maybe. Are you 11/2 and doing all the stuff I mentioned earlier? Yeah, you're probably doing awesome. Are you 11/2 and not doing all of that? No, you're not doing awesome, even if you're 11/2.
Lazukin
<Member>
Lazukin's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 6, 2011 4:55pm | Report
As I've said before, and I'm surprised it hasn't ended the thread.

ELO Hell doesn't affect anything in the long run, it's around 1200 ELO. This is because new ranked players are here, meaning it is possible to get very bad players on your team and very good players on the other team and vice versa. This means that you are generally either at a huge advantage from the start or a huge disadvantage.

But within 200 games you will be at your true ELO, it just takes a while.

I make sigs, PM me if you want one :D (Thanks for the Nidalee sig, The_Nameless_Bard!)
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide