Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Karma never played.

Creator: Pigeoniscoop June 17, 2012 8:43pm
Mucrab
<Member>
Mucrab's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 21, 2012 1:18pm | Report
I've tried playing her again recently with an old build I used to faceroll with before all this metagame bull****.
The biggest problem I've encountered? She needs minions. Karma deals a lot of damage on top of being able to heal and shield, but she's entirely dependent on her AP ratio's for this to scale well. Since the meta-game hype, teams only want a support unit who is going to sit quietly in the bottom bush and heal their AD carry. This doesn't work for Karma. I mean hell, Karma was MEANT to farm minions. One heavenly wave and a mantra-shield and you can take out entire waves of minions easily. She even accidently picks up champion kills frequently. For this reason I feel like she's only viable as an AP carry, of which I personally prefer to pick Veigar (since someone else will pick a support role anyways if your AP carry, mind as well go all out damage/cc).
So until the stupid meta-game changes (have I mentioned I hate the meta game team composition?) she'll never be a viable pick. I've tried top laning with her and people just get offended and rage quit since I didn't follow their strict ideal of what roles win games.
Mucrab
<Member>
Mucrab's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 21, 2012 1:19pm | Report
and yes, a lot of people often say "Who's karma?" but she's potentially one of the best champions out there if you have a team who can function without the meta-game ideal.
Babit
<Member>
Babit's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 22, 2012 2:55am | Report
Been playing her in mid recently. Her lane is extremely weak vs ranged enemies. I feel like it'll fare much better in top lane against melee champions. What I have noticed is her late game is insane. Once we got into the real deal teamfights I always started making huge comeback as long as I farmed well (which is easy even if your getting zoned) It reminds me of the soraka mid thing that dignatas has been pulling out recently.

DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 22, 2012 2:57am | Report
Karma isn't too bad, but she's hard to fit in.

I think she's best played bot with a support like Soraka.
holkos
<Member>
holkos's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 22, 2012 8:23am | Report
My friend plays her and he even got a triple kill with karma, he tried to heal the team, but accidentally, he even killed some other enemies and that proves that karma is good.
Need help with Katarina? Read my build
Khardagon
<Member>
Khardagon's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 22, 2012 10:28am | Report
holkos wrote:

My friend plays her and he even got a triple kill with karma, he tried to heal the team, but accidentally, he even killed some other enemies and that proves that karma is good.

It sounds like he actually snatched the kills from the carry or whoever was killing them in the first place ;o
IAMANIKOLAS
<Member>
IAMANIKOLAS's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 22, 2012 3:34pm | Report
I personally picked up on Karma, and unlike other supports she is VERY Farm dependant to work late game, even though her heal is a % based one.
But if you manage to get a few assists and carry around those g pr. 10 for long enough, you will eventually pick up the much needed ability power, and cooldown reduction that she needs to be succesful.

Although at high ranked play (seen on streams) the kill count, generally wont go much over 20, and that simply wont do much for her.

I have been considering placing her at solotop, to get some farm and play the dubble support with a utility-support to babysit the AD carry at bot, when you reach the ~20 min mark, you should have gear enough to help your team a lot, and with decent farm Karma can push a lane like no other :)
Mucrab
<Member>
Mucrab's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 22, 2012 3:53pm | Report

I personally picked up on Karma, and unlike other supports she is VERY Farm dependant to work late game, even though her heal is a % based one.
But if you manage to get a few assists and carry around those g pr. 10 for long enough, you will eventually pick up the much needed ability power, and cooldown reduction that she needs to be succesful.

Although at high ranked play (seen on streams) the kill count, generally wont go much over 20, and that simply wont do much for her.

I have been considering placing her at solotop, to get some farm and play the dubble support with a utility-support to babysit the AD carry at bot, when you reach the ~20 min mark, you should have gear enough to help your team a lot, and with decent farm Karma can push a lane like no other :)

This is what I've been considering too. I don't see why a champ like maokai/blitz/malphite/leona wouldn't be effective in the botlane. Most of those champs can lock down the enemy, giving the AD ample time to pick up the kill. And all the while, I could be up top holding my lane, farming it up, and pushing myself further into the late game where Karma really shines.

But alas, matchmaking people get scared at any deviation from the meta. At this point I'm trying to join a clan so I don't have to deal with solo queue anymore.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 22, 2012 4:26pm | Report
Mucrab wrote:

This is what I've been considering too. I don't see why a champ like maokai/blitz/malphite/leona wouldn't be effective in the botlane. Most of those champs can lock down the enemy, giving the AD ample time to pick up the kill. And all the while, I could be up top holding my lane, farming it up, and pushing myself further into the late game where Karma really shines.

But alas, matchmaking people get scared at any deviation from the meta. At this point I'm trying to join a clan so I don't have to deal with solo queue anymore.

Blitz and Leona are actually pretty strong and popular aggressive supports.

If you play them with stuff like Tristana, Graves or Corki you can pretty much burst down your opponent instantly if you hit a CC.
Crows foot
<Member>
Crows foot's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 24, 2012 1:43am | Report
I played Karma mid a while like 6 months ago. Always used her to counter burst lik leblanc, kata and Akali. Her shield stops lik half of that burst, you use wave to heal up and farm and q, r, w - combo is good for keeping them at bay from lvl 2 to 6 (when their burst come in) and then you play the "you can't kill me and I farm better than you" - game. If they get frustrated and try to roam it takes me a split second to push my wave up to their turret and give it a few hits, clear their wraiths, mine and wait for a reset of the lane
If you for some reason want to follow my ranked journey to gold, you can do it Here.

I am against asking for rep, only rep me if you think I contributed well or said something wise.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide