Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Katarina is ridiculous!

Creator: Acid Reigns November 29, 2011 5:44pm
1 2 3 4 5
Acid Reigns
<Member>
Acid Reigns's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 29, 2011 5:44pm | Report
She is incredibly strong, and pretty easy to play, yet she is insanely easy to counter. This means that on higher level play, she is one of the weakest champions in the game, and on low level play she seems almost unstoppable.

This means that she's pretty much designed to pub-stomp. I really don't think the lower level summoners need her running around ult-acing there team, and higher level summoners definately don't need her jumping in, and immediatley dieing in every fight.

She really doesn't fit into any skill bracket of LoL right now, and that's a bad thing, everytime I see her now, it's basically a free win, because enemies teamfights are severely limited, and every time I seen her when I was first starting out, it was like an insta-lose. Kat needs major changes, and quick, because this kind of character should not be in LoL in my honest opinion.

TLDR (for teh lazies) Kat desperatley needs changes, because she's too strong in low skill levels, and too weak in high skill levels.
Kusoku
<Member>
Kusoku's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 29, 2011 6:02pm | Report
Well I couldn't agree less.

In my opinion it just comes down to the skill of the player behind champion (for most champions it's true)

In higher skill levels it just comes down to the timing, you really need to be careful not to jump when you know enemies have some CC (silent/stun etc.) waiting for you. If you build tanky enough to take some hits then you may intentionally jump to take CC then use her ultimate.

Although there were games that I just had no impact (full team AoE CC + other CC in skills - no place for Death Lotus), then I simply ignore more damage benefiting items (on the beginning at least) and make tanky ones - guardian, FoN, thorn mail, sunfire cape etc. (most I ever had was ~300 armor, ~220 magic resist - not in one game), so you can assist your team in some way.

It is true that if you fail the beginning with Kata it's very hard to come with enough impact mid/late game.

And I rarely see Kata that is noticing those things. Sad but true.
Thanks to JakofAllSpaydes for the sig
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 29, 2011 6:07pm | Report
Kusoku wrote:
In higher skill levels it just comes down to the timing, you really need to be careful not to jump when you know enemies have some CC (silent/stun etc.) waiting for you. If you build tanky enough to take some hits then you may intentionally jump to take CC then use her ultimate.

Smart players will ALWAYS save some CC for her ult.
abzilla
<Member>
abzilla's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 29, 2011 6:13pm | Report
i sort of agree with you. low level games she stomps hard cuz players arent used to saving cc or just backing away from her lol. high levels she'll be easily countered BUT a better player will be prepared for counters and bide his/her time. it really is a generalization what op said, but if the player behind her is better, then he/she beats the generalization.

Click +Rep if you thought I was helpful please! Also check out my Ryze build!
I will Ryze to the occasion... hur hur
Acid Reigns
<Member>
Acid Reigns's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 29, 2011 6:19pm | Report
ofc Kat CAN do well other than in pub games, so can Shaco, Evelynn, Twitch, and every other UP champ. The point is that she isn't good enough at high level, and she's ridiculously OP at low levels.

Quoted:

^this
Kusoku
<Member>
Kusoku's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 29, 2011 6:39pm | Report
Quoted:

But still there is always limited count of CC in every game. In coordinated team, like you will only use it for kata's ulti you will learn sooner/later that only this one is saving it for you. So you either go without ulti till he dies (or far enough that he can't use it on you - there are many different skills for breaking Kata's ulti - too many, with that I can agree)

Other possibility fully coordinated team with high communication (teamspeak etc.) might be the most problematic.

But what is most important on Kata (for me): reflex and split second reactions, so you will react almost instinctively right after the threat is gone (or reacting so fast that your enemy wont react in time - in higher, i think only unexpected shunpo+BB).

The higher the skill in games the more important is the beginning. You simply need to know if you can make yourself like usual, or skip the whole damage and buff tankiness.

I always had more/less classification of games like this up to 3 champions with CC that can break my ult, somewhat normal, 4 hard, 5 very hard (also depends what champions). So I usually know how I need to build after first(few) teamfight(s) or before they even start.

EDIT: Also with all that, Kata is very team dependent, sometimes simple silence on the enemy with CC is enough to make full Death Lotus (or close to full)

EDIT2: Well that will be for my part, my opinion of her wont change, so probably yours.
Thanks to JhoiJhoi for the sig
MDC
<Member>
MDC's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 29, 2011 8:39pm | Report
Cho as a jungler, Morgana (mid/top), Kata, Galio (cause amumu wouldn't stop skills). Actually, would I see Kata in enemy draft picks, I'd rush Blitz to trash her.
She's not only countered by CC, she's also countered by smart people with MR>
Cho is MEGAZERGLING!
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 29, 2011 8:42pm | Report
Luther3000 wrote:

So simply for the fact that Kat exists you can't CC the other champions that are plowing into your ***es :)
LostTRoll
<Member>
LostTRoll's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 29, 2011 9:11pm | Report
they tried they tried

i mean did you see the recent changes??

first they changed the shunpo skill (whether you'll tele to the front of the enemy or back depends if you use killer instinct or not)

then recently reversed it cuz they think its just makes things worse since some people like using killer instinct b4fore jumping in for that xtra armor when they jump in so it s kinda the same

but imo i think theyre discussing this subject since they actually thought of sumthing i thought was gud but sucked and reversed it

so the only thing they can do is remake her skillset but theyre working on dominion,jax(remake) and they just finished sivir(remake) and the new jungle

so yeah it might be a long time b4 they make kat, eve, twitch more viable since they just suck from beyond
Queso
<Member>
Queso's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 29, 2011 9:19pm | Report
1 2 3 4 5

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide