Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Katarina is ridiculous!

Creator: Acid Reigns November 29, 2011 5:44pm
Acid Reigns
<Member>
Acid Reigns's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 30, 2011 11:25am | Report
Lol liked that did ya? :D

I do understand what you're saying, but to be completely honest, I don't care whether or not she is viable in ranked. I don't care if she carries the finals of season 2.

I don't even see her anymore, maybe 1 game in 20-25, so it really doesn't affect me personally. My whole point, is that she is way, waay too good at stomping the noobies, which we kinda veered away from. I simply remember back when I was first starting out, she seemed like an unstoppable monster to me, and it really took a lot of fun I could have been having out of the game. People just starting out with this game do not need that. Of course different champions are better in different skill brackets, but she is an extreme example of a champion who is too good in low level.

Ooh and a fed enough sion can deal with that damage if taric ults, and decides to buy a starks :D

though kat's grievous wound would hurt >.<
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 30, 2011 11:32am | Report
Well then, that's different.

Morde was too good at the lower skill levels as well, but he was only a strong pick at high elo.

Maybe Kat is the same way, but she's not BAD.

That's all I'm trying to clarify. She's not a bad champion, she's just niche and counter intuitive at times.

At a higher level, she's also extremely team reliant which is not good for solo queue.

That might be why people are saying she falls off.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 30, 2011 1:07pm | Report
I can see where you're coming from Duff, but on the 'holding back CC for use on her' thing, most skills that inflict hard CC will be on, what, a 10-ish second cooldown at most, whereas Kat's ult is on a 50 second cooldown. It doesn't even have to be a good hard CC, the briefest stun, silence or knockup will still stop the channel.

You only need one person to hold back their CC until the right moment and she's boned, at least in terms of her ult. In fact, you can counter it without any CC at all by using Exhaust, or even just bursting her down before she can even finish using it.

It doesn't help that most Kat players (not that there are many) seem to play her full on ****** mode by initiating with Shunpo + Ult before anyone has used any skills.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 30, 2011 1:51pm | Report
It really doesn't matte how long the CD of the CC's are Luther :P

As long as they aren't being used, your team is free to do whatever they want.

And if your team is competent, they can do a lot of the CC's are 100% not being used on them.

Then when they use the CC, if it's a 10 second CD, you're 100% getting your full ult off.

So the CD's of the CC's is irrelevant.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 30, 2011 1:54pm | Report
There's gonna be more than one person with CC, and one good stun on a squishy is all it takes to win a fight.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 30, 2011 2:27pm | Report
Yeahp. It's a well known fact that CC's completely shut down squishy's to the point that they are irrelevant in fights.

*Nodding vigorously

... :P
Macaco Velho
<Member>
Macaco Velho's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 30, 2011 5:03pm | Report
She is so easily countered? Malz' ult is even more easy to counter. Why the hell was he at Dreamhack? I mean, any CC PLUS QSS can screw him up.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 30, 2011 5:09pm | Report
DuffTime wrote:

Yeahp. It's a well known fact that CC's completely shut down squishy's to the point that they are irrelevant in fights.

*Nodding vigorously

... :P

Pretty much, if everyone focuses them while they're stunned. AD carries at least.

QQ missed this post earlier.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 30, 2011 5:09pm | Report
Mmhmm.

It's fallacious logic that because a counter to a part of a kit exists that you can't play that champion.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 30, 2011 5:10pm | Report
Luther3000 wrote:

Pretty much if everyone focuses them while they're stunned. AD carries at least.

Well if this were true then you'd never see an AD carry in tournament play.

Just not really how it works unfortunately.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide