Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Kill stealing

Creator: Kromatt October 14, 2011 9:31pm
61 posts - page 3 of 7
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
kmododragonNM
<Member>
kmododragonNM's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 15, 2011 10:08am | Report
Personally, I don't mind kill steals, unless I really had been fighting 1v1 and the KSer only came in for the final blow. I always welcome some finishing help from my buds. But maybe this is because I play tanks, and usually it is tough to finish a 1v1 kill even if they aren't dealing you any damage.
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 15, 2011 11:07am | Report
MDC wrote:

Kill = 100% for frag.
Kill Secured = 170% for frag.

qft

I know it's tough guys, but the end of a 1v1 is THE BEST TIME to kill steal/secure. Adding an assist into that fight benefits your team. If you're mad because someone last-hit your 1v1, you're probably just being selfish. Unless your ally purposely let you almost die so they could *steal* it. Even then, be mad at their idleness, not the actual kill steal.

I've gotten annoyed when people interrupted my 1v1s as well. When you spend all that time and effort culminating in a successful, even fight between you and your opponent, it's very satisfying to be able to finish them off on your own. Stop yourself after every KS and ask yourself, "Did they last-hit on purpose, or did my team just net an assist's worth of gold?"
Thanks to Lugignaf for the sig!
Beeswarm17
<Member>
Beeswarm17's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 15, 2011 11:16am | Report
^ Also ask yourself if they could have just buffed your champ to net an assist instead. Sona's passive aura gives an assist. She does not need to flash over the wall to kill a target with an AA while Gangplank's bullet is in the air.

Honestly, I don't have a significant issue with KS. Dead enemy is a dead enemy. When that makes the difference between a BF sword and having to sit in lane for another 3 minutes, you'll have to pardon my mild annoyance.

But in general, dead champ is dead champ. I can farm freely when they're out of the picture.
BunkerBob
<Member>
BunkerBob's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 15, 2011 11:21am | Report
You'll give them an offer they can not refuse?
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 15, 2011 11:38am | Report
I legitimately lost a game once because a Galio tried to be nice and didn't help me kill a guy when we were way behind.

I ended up killing him, barely, had to burn flash and exhaust, lost all my HP, and we had to base and lost Baron because I was low HP and then the game. I would have killed him and been at 50% HP if Galio had helped, without using flash or ghost.

You have no idea how obnoxious it is that some people out there even give a **** about "KSing" it's the mark of a bad player.

You don't give a **** about KSing. You just win the game. Kill everything and anything that moves as fast as you can.
Booshido
<Member>
Booshido's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 15, 2011 11:49am | Report
just report them after, it will make you feel better ^.^
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 15, 2011 11:55am | Report
Team fights, Sona comes in, Crescendo, pentakill, full team rages.
iBradlee
<Member>
iBradlee's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 15, 2011 11:57am | Report
Does KSing bother me?

Eh, yes and no. MOSTLY no, though. As stated before, it's a team game, and a "KS" is still one more kill for your team, as well as one more death for the enemy.

An example of when legit Kill Stealing bothers me:

A low-health Garen, and Corki were backdooring our 2nd top tower. I teleport in, as Kassadin, use my combo on Garen and kill him under my tower. Corki then pops Valkyrie and tries to make his escape, I Riftwalk closer, silence him, and start to chase (He's REALLY low health at this point). As I Riftwalk in again, silence him once more, and get ready to use Force Pulse, our tank runs up from a bush and smacks him ONCE, for the kill. (He was SUPPOSED to be holding mid tower, since there were two enemies there). We then lose our 2nd mid tower, because Malph. chose to come top and "help" me take out Corki (I have RW for christ sakes! He's not going ANYWHERE!)

THAT is a great example of when "KSing" actually bothers me. Partly because he OBVIOUSLY stole my kill, which I had secured as soon as I gave chase with Riftwalk. Partly because he's a ****ing tank, and I was the one carrying our team, meaning the more kills I get in that particular match, the better chance we had to win. And also partly being because of his greed, and thirst for Corki's blood, we ended up losing mid tower, which he CHOSE to defend. Like, he literally called out that he'll hold it while we push.

And circumstances like those, are the ONLY time you'll hear me complain about KSing. Even though, honestly, I was more upset at him leaving his post at Mid, than him actually stealing my kill.

Whatever, though. It's sadly just a part of the game...
Crows foot
<Member>
Crows foot's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 15, 2011 12:02pm | Report
Last hitting only applies to minions for the gold :)

If I have been soloing an enemy and been the only one inflicting damage then I welcome a ks. This is because it gives the team more gold and experience.
If you for some reason want to follow my ranked journey to gold, you can do it Here.

I am against asking for rep, only rep me if you think I contributed well or said something wise.
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 15, 2011 12:06pm | Report
Crows foot wrote:

Last hitting only applies to minions for the gold :)

A last-hit is a last-hit. If you get the last-hit on anything before it dies, you get the kill. Whether minion, monster or champion. All of them give gold for it too, even the Nexus. ^^
Thanks to Nyoike for the sig!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide