Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

KINGS OF EUROPE MEGATHREAD (All games within)

Creator: AncientNecro January 27, 2012 9:48am
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 29, 2012 12:11pm | Report
Yeah.. wish i had played shaco that game... would've gone mobi boots/phantom dancer and just ran around totally focusing on splitting enemy team up...
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 29, 2012 12:12pm | Report
buut my shaco is prolly not that good anyways :)
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice
Zell
<Member>
Zell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 29, 2012 12:18pm | Report
30 fps is fine for you, its obviously quite different in a tournament-like environment...

Try going 60+ fps for a few months and then move back to 30 fps. Its quite a substantial difference for these players.
Credit to Jeff and jhois for creating my signature and avatar design.
If I helped +Rep, if I didn't then +Rep the person who did.
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 29, 2012 12:25pm | Report
IDK about much of a difference....Lag I can understand, FPS dropping to 10 I can understand, FPS dropping to 30....I don't see that affecting gameplay much. I'm not a tournament pro; but I would call it making an excuse. Plain and simple as that really. We all make excuses, watch a stream and listen to a pro play, they'll blame any number of things as to why they didn't do what they expected to do. Most of the time it's EGO attempting to rationalize why they didn't achieve success; on a turret dive, on a gank, on a kill, any number of things.
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 29, 2012 12:31pm | Report

Yes and MTL were being complete ****s. Riven asked for a pause + reboot almost 6 minutes and 30 seconds before she actually got it. The first time she asked, one of the MTL players just said "No." The commentators did not see the first request, and only saw the 2nd after the game got paused.

Complete ********, MTL knows it too I think.

Well considering this is the FIRST FULL successful use of the Spectator Mode....(Yes they had Spec Mode first at Dreamhack I think, but it caused a lot of problems) if rules haven't been issued in how pauses can be used during tournament play then I suppose they need to be.

The idea of being able to pause is nice, but when you're losing, or drawing even, I'd think it could be a stall tactic to sort of allow yourself/your team to regain stability as well stop the opposing team's momentum.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 29, 2012 12:46pm | Report
Lol if anything the use of pause was far more questionable the other night when one team paused right as the enemy Kennen charged in with ult while they were doing baron.
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 29, 2012 12:54pm | Report
^^ LOL yeah, I saw that, didn't really matter though, Kennen was COMPLETELY out of position, even if he was trying to initiate. Diving in 2 or 3 seconds ahead of your team? The pause might have been questionable, but Kennen's play deserved that result IMO.
AncientNecro
<Member>
AncientNecro's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 29, 2012 12:59pm | Report
Yeah I'm kind of glad that the pause highlighted that Kennen's screwup, myself ^_^ lol

JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 29, 2012 1:23pm | Report
I can see the logic behind it, he wanted to exploit baron damaging the other team, as well as get his marks out on as many people as he could, he simply charged in too soon. Had he waited 1 second it might have changed things because his team could have backed him up immideately. Even if he had Zonyas...He's still in the middle of the enemy team with no one around to support his ***.

Plus the other team was EXCEPTIONALLY tanky. It was a poor play plain and simple. But that's what seperates winners from losers.
AncientNecro
<Member>
AncientNecro's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 29, 2012 4:48pm | Report
As someone who currently owns a **** computer and plays at 29-30 FPS on a REALLY ****ING GOOD DAY, I can attest that I play a thousand times better any time I go over to my friends house (bigscreen, all ultra settings, 60fps constant). And that's on a mouse and keyboard that I'm not used to, which makes a helluva difference as well.

So yes, 30 FPS would be a HUGE deal in tournament... I mean come on, they micro their game way more than most of us do...and your opponent getting the frame twice as fast as you are is a monstrous detriment.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide