Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

League Points

Creator: TwinkleStarz June 27, 2013 4:38am
14 posts - page 1 of 2
1 2
TwinkleStarz
<Member>
TwinkleStarz's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 27, 2013 4:38am | Report
Sometimes when I play rank there is always people who will not be connected at the start or be disconnected halfway into the game. Because of this it becomes an unfair game with lesser players on one side and causing the team with lesser players to end up losing the game and have their league points decreased.
T think what LoL should do is that when there is one person who dced or leave, the players in that team will lose lesser points than usual. And when there is more than one dc or leaver, the players on that team do not lose any points when they lose the game. Those who dc or left the game will still get their points decreased.On the other end, the winning team still get the same points.
Would like to know about your opinion on this.
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 27, 2013 5:36am | Report
There are lots of ideas against disconnects:
1. A "loss forgiven", preventing the loss of LP/MMR (kind of like your idea)
2. A buff when someone goes AFK for the 4 that remain in game
3. A replacement for the afk person
4. Allowing someone to leave on the other team aswell, making it 4v4

But there are a few problems with all of them:

1. A "loss forgiven", preventing the loss of LP/MMR
Positive: This will reduce the effect of damage done by the AFK'er.

Negative: If a team is losing, one person can just AFK in order to prevent the loss of LP/MMR

2. A buff when someone goes afk for the 4 that remain in game
Positive: It allows the 4v5 to continue without having any trouble at all, if the guy goes back, the buff will be lost so no problem at all with that.

Negative: It is probably very hard to balance since you want an equal treatment. If for example a support leaves, you cannot have a buff that increases damage done by 20% (1 member is 20% of the team), since a support barely deals damage. You could get a defensive buff or whatever, but that would be OP on an ADC.

3. Replacement of the AFK person
Positive: Allows the game to continue in a fair way

Negative: Either someone jumps in to the battle and has no idea what is going on, or they replace it with a bot who also has no idea what its doing.

4. Allowing someone to leave on the other team aswell, making it 4v4
Positive: Makes the team fair if someone is kind enough to leave

Negative: They can force the weakest one to leave the team, keeping it unfair. They can still stay without facing concequences. At any rate, it probably barely solve any cases of disconnects.

Conclusion:
The disconnection problem is complicated. So far, they solved it by preventing AFK's in the matchmaking, which already helped a lot, but in-game, it aint that easy.

The lost points decrease like you mentioned, does help, but in what extent? Would it also work with ranked teams? Since they can just take turns of going AFK when they losing a game, preventing the Leaverbuster.

My favorite solution so far is the buff for the team with the AFK'er, but like I mentioned, there will be balancing issues still :P
Change is gooooood
Picture by: Bludes
Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
Scott Azrael
<Member>
Scott Azrael's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 27, 2013 5:54am | Report

Negative: If a team is losing, one person can just AFK in order to prevent the loss of LP/MMR

Only forgive losses when AFK/DC happens at the beginning or for more than 5 minutes in the first 20 minutes. All else apply regular loss. That would help a lot and keep from having people DC just to avoid the loss. Not perfect by any means but an idea to fix the problem with this idea.
A Chubby Baby
<Veteran>
A Chubby Baby's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 27, 2013 9:03am | Report
I'd love to stop being the one who is disconnecting =.=
Ninja Trigger
<Editor>
Ninja Trigger's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 27, 2013 12:07pm | Report
When I dc, I always reconnect within a few minutes
Spoiler: Click to view
Sig by Emikadon
TwinkleStarz
<Member>
TwinkleStarz's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 27, 2013 4:35pm | Report
Maybe they could increase the league points lost by the ones who afk or dc to prevent people from using that trick to prevent loss. And 4v5 should only decrease lesser LP but not totally prevent LP lost. only when 3v5 then LP will not be lost. This prevent duo queueing from playing arnd with the rules
Joshified
<Member>
Joshified's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 27, 2013 6:32pm | Report
Meiyjhe wrote:

I really like this idea. However, I think a nice little bonus would be that, the player who remain for the whole game lose half the LP they would of lost and the person who leaves loses twice as much.
For example, if everyone were to lose 20 lp for that loss then...
The 4 people who remained in the game would only lose 10 lp.
And the person who dced or left the game would then lose 40 lp.
That may be a bit harsh though, because sometimes leaving can't be helped..

Mundo goes where he pleases.

And pleases, where he goes.

Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 28, 2013 2:36am | Report
Joshified wrote:

I really like this idea. However, I think a nice little bonus would be that, the player who remain for the whole game lose half the LP they would of lost and the person who leaves loses twice as much.
For example, if everyone were to lose 20 lp for that loss then...
The 4 people who remained in the game would only lose 10 lp.
And the person who dced or left the game would then lose 40 lp.
That may be a bit harsh though, because sometimes leaving can't be helped..

The AFK'er can already get leaverbusted, which is a punishment itself. There are people out there that just disconnect due to technical issues. Having a chance to get banned because of bad internet connection is already a heavy punishment itself.

But yes, you could work with percentages, that you say for example:
A person left the game for 5 minutes and it was a game of 20 minutes.
25% of the time there was a 4v5 situation.
The LP and MMR loss is reduced by 25%.
Change is gooooood

Je suis le bee
~ Meiyjhe ~
Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
xIchi
<Member>
xIchi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 28, 2013 7:44am | Report
^That's the very first idea I actually like on the whole 'leaver? less LP lose'-debate
koksei
<Member>
koksei's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 28, 2013 7:56am | Report
in dota league it was like that, it was pretty hard to fake since you could also report for "abuse" + you had to write 1 sentence about every player.
or sth like that, I quit it before the "sentence-thingy" but some peeps that played on told me it's was like that later on.

PS: dat khazem quote:D

~ Sig by Xiaowiriamu ~
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide