Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Leaver buster needs soms fixes and or new...

Creator: Shaddofokkusu January 24, 2015 10:35pm
1 2
Should leaver buster have new systems implmented?
Hatted
<Member>
Hatted's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 27, 2015 8:28am | Report
I've never really found a problem with leaver buster. There are maybe 2-3 times where I just afk'd from a game and I paid the price. It does really suck when people afk or just connect and disconnect over and over but I have no issues. Even in ranked I was supporting a punk tristana who was 4/2 by 10 minutes, then stood afk under our tower for 6 minutes, then stayed afk in base for 2 minutes, then reconnected and wrecked shop.
Eyy
Sirnikolai
<Member>
Sirnikolai's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 2, 2015 2:07pm | Report
This seriously needs to be fix. AFK means AWAY From KEYBOARD. I LEFT A GAME HONESTLY 1 game out of 20 possible matches before I left with katarina which was back in Jan 2015. This sytem SHOULD BE BANG ON after leaving a game, but it doesn't it takes about 5 other matches before it kicks in like WTF RIOT!
Hatted
<Member>
Hatted's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 5, 2015 8:32am | Report
Sirnikolai wrote:
This seriously needs to be fix. AFK means AWAY From KEYBOARD. I LEFT A GAME HONESTLY 1 game out of 20 possible matches before I left with katarina which was back in Jan 2015. This sytem SHOULD BE BANG ON after leaving a game, but it doesn't it takes about 5 other matches before it kicks in like WTF RIOT!

Just don't leave games, I feel. If your connection is the problem then it's understandable, but if you're getting uber butthurt in a game and you just afk then I feel you earned the disrespect. And for the love of God don't join a game when you only have 20-30 minutes to play because you "have to go". ESPECIALLY in ranked.
Eyy
Sirnikolai
<Member>
Sirnikolai's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 5, 2015 2:22pm | Report
My internet connection is perfect I got no issues running any other High end games. I'm just saying it shoudl be immediate "You have left a game on purpose and you have now been place in low priority queue for 20 matches". Should be easy to set this up LOL.
Hatted
<Member>
Hatted's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 6, 2015 8:20am | Report
Sirnikolai wrote:
My internet connection is perfect I got no issues running any other High end games. I'm just saying it shoudl be immediate "You have left a game on purpose and you have now been place in low priority queue for 20 matches". Should be easy to set this up LOL.

How low of a priority are you put in? Does it now make you wait 1-2 minutes for a que?
Eyy
Shaddofokkusu
<Member>
Shaddofokkusu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 6, 2015 12:01pm | Report
As far as a lower priority queue goes that probably because you're being reported for unskilled player. It's been a long while since I last read up how the queue for lower priority works so I don't know if there's a system in place for leaver buster for that specific scenario. Also as far as leaving 1 out of 20 matches that leaver buster should kick on I don't feel comfortable with agreeing to that. The reason I say that is because if someone left once every 20 games and had 100 games played in a day (highly unlikely to play that many, but just a theoretical number.) would imply that you would be queue banned 6-10 times a day. meaning your game average would go down and so would your total win/lost ratio. So mathematically the current system of after leaving 2-3 games in a row or getting 7-10 reports a game would make sense to it pop on then since the ratio's are much higher.

I know I'm playing devils advocate to that sort of system and kind of goes against the whole change idea, but I feel that the current ban/temp ban system works alright maybe just some slight adjustments to it are needed. However it does fall under the idea that yes there needs to be better detection systems in place. Everyone could argue that yes it would be a biased system to due to how easily it could be bypassed in so many ways and tampered with, but the numbers don't lie statistically as far as of leavers vs. afkers. Leavers are more likely to be banned vs. someone who went afk during a game because the afker is more likely to come back. (I've afked once or twice in my time playing and have come back and won without effort.)
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide