Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Liandry's Torment...

Creator: cooper56 February 16, 2013 4:31pm
MyRepublic
<Member>
MyRepublic's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 19, 2013 5:22pm | Report
So you're using a technicality to argue against something you agree with. Now I'm confused. She does do sustained damage. Just because it's a burst that you do every 2+ seconds doesn't make it not sustained. That's actually pretty much the definition of sustained. She is almost constantly doing damage. She has low cooldowns on almost all of her skills, making the item proc every few seconds. I'm not seeing why you brought up that technicality when you agree that it's a good item on her.

Thank you Miss Maw, CasterMaster and Arcana3 for the sweet sigs. I'd definitely recommend you to anyone looking for a nice sig.

"But we are stronger creatures than babies, why cant we hunt them?"- Meiyjhe
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 19, 2013 5:44pm | Report
Sustain mrans that you do dmg in a more or less straight line.
Burst means that your dmg spikes and falls.

It doesnt matter if the distance between these spikes are closer or futher away, they are spikes and thus "burst" dmg.

You can call it "sustain" when she can just spam her abilities like you could autoattack.

And I brought it up, simply because Liandry's wouldn't make sense on her "in some situations".

If you instagib someone down by +50%, why using an item that becomes worse the less HP the enemy possesses?
MyRepublic
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 19, 2013 5:47pm | Report
That's why i don't buy it on her. I just think there are better items. And I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on our definitions of sustained damage.

Thank you Miss Maw, CasterMaster and Arcana3 for the sweet sigs. I'd definitely recommend you to anyone looking for a nice sig.

tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 19, 2013 7:07pm | Report
Guys, there's something called 'sustained burst' too >_>

Akali is sustained burst. Ryze is sustained burst. Vayne is sustained burst.
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 19, 2013 7:15pm | Report
Believe it or not, Liandry's actually has this neat stat called "magic pen". Oh and these other ones called "ability power" and "health". Regardless of its passive, it's still a decent item on most AP carries because of those.

tired of people acting like it just has its passive and nothing else.

kinda lame.
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 19, 2013 7:21pm | Report

Believe it or not, Liandry's actually has this neat stat called "magic pen". Oh and these other ones called "ability power" and "health". Regardless of its passive, it's still a decent item on most AP carries because of those.

crystal scepter is the same price and gives more health and ap.

or you could just build a haunting guise, then sell it later for a void staff.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 19, 2013 7:25pm | Report
I'm not saying "OMFG it's amazing, buy in every game GG"

I'm saying "stop acting like it has no other stats kthxbai"

my statement that it is DECENT on most AP carries is a true one.
MyRepublic
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 19, 2013 7:27pm | Report
People refer to it as if it only has its passive, because if you don't want the passive you can get other items that do the same things as it does, but better. So yes this whole discussion is about the passive.

DarkPercy
<Member>
DarkPercy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 20, 2013 10:29am | Report
As Darcurse said, the point is not that Akali deals sustained/sustained burst/burst/whogivesaF kind of damage, it's that she will quickly drop an enemy below 50% HP, making Liandry's Torment a lot less effective compared to other items.

And kind of like MyRepublic said, I know Liandry's Torment gives good stats that work well on Akali... it's just that you could use that gold to buy another item that would just give you much better stats. That's all really lol.
In my opinion, Liandry's Torment only is more effective than other damage items if your champion can deal sustained AoE damage, has reliable CC or a team with a lot of CC, makes good use of HP, has kinda low AP Ratios and wants a flat damage increase/Magic Pen instead of AP.

Made by -NA- Veng Lmfao
EvilDice
<Shoutcaster>
EvilDice's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 20, 2013 12:02pm | Report
theorycraft on liandry at rog:

http://www.reignofgaming.net/blogs/a-different-view/diff-the-ender/23231-liandrys-torment-is-incredibly-strong

i think it's a pretty good read that's conclusion is basically that liandry is better than what people give it credit for, but as always remember that theorycrafting is only half the story so interpret it how you will. i feel that it's a pretty strong item for any caster who can keep the passive ticking, but burst mages probably will still prefer the void staff.

one thing that you guys need to consider though is that haunting guise is just a fantastic laning item on casters, and that is a big plus on liandry's side. also, especially in midlane flat magic pen combined with sorcs and runes is all you need for true damage on the other ap/adc early on in the game (unless they go chalice, if they do you fall a little short).

Thanks to Anal Samurai for the sig!

twitch.tv/dicetherice - @dicetherice

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide