Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Locket of the Iron Solari

Creator: cooper56 February 8, 2013 11:26pm
1 2
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 9, 2013 3:49pm | Report
it's used a ton in competitive play and retains its usefulness from early game to late game

early on it gives you extra health for towerdiving which is extremely useful if you're coordinated. late-game it's an extra 1k health for your entire team. locket is one of the best (if not the best) CDR option for junglers while being as useful as aegis defensively. considering that the top junglers at the moment (xin zhao, cho'gath, xin zhao, jarvan, xin zhao) benefit immensely from CDR, it's definitely a top item.
Silfatos
<Member>
Silfatos's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 9, 2013 5:39pm | Report
i use it in support champs.my items runic,shurel,locket,boots ward and the 5th item situational .for me locket of iron solari is still the best comparing to other new support items like mikael crucible.its active shield your team mates and really good in clash...i save my team mates many times in clash by locket of iron solari
CounterSnipe
<Member>
CounterSnipe's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 10, 2013 6:38pm | Report
It's just a good item. The only champions I wouldn't build it on would be carry champions. On supports, tops, and junglers, it's a great item that works well in any team composition. It is cost effective, and it's a nice item.

I think of it like the old Aegis of the Legion in season 2. You used to get more defensive stats for less money than this new aegis! (But now you can upgrade aegis, so you're not really building aegis to build aegis anymore, it's more of a means to an end)

Anyway, yeah the item is just good.

It's also a very nice item to combine with other aura/support items.
IE) buying Locket of the Iron Solari Shurelya's Battlesong Aegis of the Legion and zeke's herald will give any support lots of bonus stats for his team, nice CDR, and a lot of HP. Not saying you should get all of them, but the new combination of aura items is OP.
A Chubby Baby
<Veteran>
A Chubby Baby's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 11, 2013 1:17am | Report
Find it a great item when divind people under turrets. The extra shield also can save you or your teammates of ignite every now and then.
samgoeslol
<Member>
samgoeslol's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 11, 2013 2:00am | Report
locket just has superior stats than aegis for the user himself as a supporty kind of character because it has hp armor and CDR!!!!! aegis is still really good, but alot of champions get more use out of locket. plus the shield gives you more effective health nowadays that penetrations are soooo cost efficient
<-summonername on EUW: strawhatbro
check out my blog
+rep if you like my posts^^
watch my stream
follow me on twitter and facebook
Banishedd
<Member>
Banishedd's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 11, 2013 4:42am | Report
That extra bit of health (shield) can change fights, which can win objectives, which can win the game. Generally, it's a standard item to get on supports.
DarkPercy
<Member>
DarkPercy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 11, 2013 6:04am | Report
Not as gamechanging as I thought it would be lol. It's just so cheap though. I use it for freelo :P
Nighthawk:

quit flirting with my waifu

or i'll fight you

TO THE DEATH

cooper56
<Member>
cooper56's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 11, 2013 7:25am | Report
The active is really good it helps your team more than Aegis of the Legion and blocks more dmg if you time it right and get it on good chuck of your team. That being said in longer fights
Aegis of the Legion is better extended fights but in terms quick burst etc its better for team.
Joshified
<Member>
Joshified's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 17, 2013 2:53pm | Report
The Locket of Iron Solari provides you an amazing amount of stats for the gold it costs.

Also, the active shield in the earlier stages of the game can absorb more damage than the Aegis would protect on squisher champs.
So.. If your team all had warmogs aegis functions better. But if you have an ad carry with all damage and an ap carry with all damage the Locket will be providing them with more protection and you with better stats.

Mundo goes where he pleases.

And pleases, where he goes.

IAmByakuya
<Member>
IAmByakuya's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 17, 2013 4:20pm | Report
Im starting to love it on Shyvana <3
Gave you a good laugh or helped? rep+ so i can know ;)

Thanks to TinyStar, Jhoi, Xiaowi, Virus, Bard and Arcana(eww)...for my signatures!

Elohell is like Irelia's stun: if your real level is equal or lower than the level you are in, you're STUNNED there forever. If your actual level is higher than the level you are in, you're just SLOWED in your way up.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide