Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Official QQ Thread

Creator: jhoijhoi June 6, 2011 7:25am
17992 posts - page 1292 of 1800
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 31, 2014 12:02pm | Report
Luther3000 wrote:
Her kit is dumb and toxic either way. I don't find it that fun to play against a champion knowing that even if you're way ahead, if she randomly picks up two or three kills or the game goes to lategame you will be outscaled massively.

Then nerf every late game champion, Ryze, Hecarim, Karthus, Cassiopeia, Jax, Irelia, Vayne, Kog'Maw, etc. etc.

The meta will be ****ing terrible again just like it was in S3 when if you got any form of lead at all the game was over. I don't find late game champions toxic simply because they have different power curves. At the same time, Tristana's kit has been THE EXACT SAME since Season 1. they've made some minor quality of life changes, but they've done that to every champion. Why do you suddenly consider her kit toxic? At least come up with some sound reasoning on why she's toxic
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 31, 2014 2:08pm | Report
Since there is no more pressure for ADCs to rush a lifesteal item, Tristana can now rush Infinity Edge, which will greatly smooth out her power curve, and give her an OK mid-game. Additionally, any champions that could mess her up ( Zed, etc) got nerfed really hard through the buff to Exhaust. Luther thinks that Tristana's late game is toxic because it is very strong and there is not a whole lot of counter play that you can do.

Even when other scaling champions hit their power spike, there are some elements of counterplay to them. for instance, champions like Ryze, Karthus, and Cassiopeia can still be sieged and poked down. However, there is very little one can do to counterplay a Tristana. She has a long autoattack range, a long distance jump that resets on kill/assist, and a 1000 unit knock back, which almost guarantees her safety in team fights. Because of Rapid Fire, it is quite likely that she will out DPS your ADC too.
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks a lot for the sig, jhoi! :)
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 31, 2014 2:27pm | Report
Mooninites wrote:

Then nerf every late game champion, Ryze, Hecarim, Karthus, Cassiopeia, Jax, Irelia, Vayne, Kog'Maw, etc. etc.

All these champions have counterplay even in late game. Either they're short range and therefore easy to kite and/or focus, or they're extremely squishy with no proper escape. Trist's late game does not have counterplay - you can't exactly kite 700 range and you can't catch her either when she has a jump and a knockback unless she's horrendously mispositioned.

Mooninites wrote:

The meta will be ****ing terrible again just like it was in S3 when if you got any form of lead at all the game was over.

Ironically more or less what happens when Tristana gets a lead.

Mooninites wrote:

Why do you suddenly consider her kit toxic? At least come up with some sound reasoning on why she's toxic

It was always toxic, it just didn't matter before because she was **** and no one played her. I already gave adequate reasoning.
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 31, 2014 2:27pm | Report
utopus wrote:
Since there is no more pressure for ADCs to rush a lifesteal item, Tristana can now rush Infinity Edge, which will greatly smooth out her power curve, and give her an OK mid-game. Additionally, any champions that could mess her up ( Zed, etc) got nerfed really hard through the buff to Exhaust. Luther thinks that Tristana's late game is toxic because it is very strong and there is not a whole lot of counter play that you can do.

Even when other scaling champions hit their power spike, there are some elements of counterplay to them. for instance, champions like Ryze, Karthus, and Cassiopeia can still be sieged and poked down. However, there is very little one can do to counterplay a Tristana. She has a long autoattack range, a long distance jump that resets on kill/assist, and a 1000 unit knock back, which almost guarantees her safety in team fights. Because of Rapid Fire, it is quite likely that she will out DPS your ADC too.

Well to be fair, if you want to make her mid game more viable you are going to rush Statikk Shiv in to Infinity Edge. There is no reason to rush Infinity Edge over Statikk Shiv unless you have a huge advantage imo.
Mooninites
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 31, 2014 2:55pm | Report
utopus wrote:
Since there is no more pressure for ADCs to rush a lifesteal item, Tristana can now rush Infinity Edge, which will greatly smooth out her power curve, and give her an OK mid-game.

She still has a bad mid game, IE doesn't make it better, it just means she isn't going to get **** on by everything since BT was never really a good route for her.

utopus wrote:

Additionally, any champions that could mess her up ( Zed, etc) got nerfed really hard through the buff to Exhaust.

that's a buff across the board for all ADC's. All assassins got nerfed, it's probably more of a buff to Kog'Maw and Vayne and immobile ADC's than it was to Tristana.

Luther3000 wrote:

All these champions have counterplay even in late game. Either they're short range and therefore easy to kite and focus, or they're extremely squishy with no proper escape. Trist's late game does not have counterplay - you can't exactly kite 700 range and you can't catch her with a jump and a knockback.

The entire point of these champions is to carry in the late game. I highly doubt you're able to exploit a Karthus or Ryze once they get 4+ items. The problem is that they're able to get to that point, if you allow a karthus or tristana to get to late game, you should lose. You have opportunities throughout the game to take advantage of them before they reach hypercarry status.

Luther3000 wrote:

Which is more or less what happens when Tristana gets a lead.

which is should be, because you have to get outplayed pretty hard to allow Tristana any sizable lead. she has a strong early game, but terrible mid game. At some point the player has to be responsible for exploiting the weaknesses of a champion

Quoted:

It was always toxic, it just didn't matter before because she was **** and no one played her. I already gave the reasons.

LOL so it took 4 seasons for it to suddenly, magically become toxic.... k bro, I'll let you figure that one out
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 31, 2014 3:00pm | Report
Mooninites wrote:

LOL so it took 4 seasons for it to suddenly, magically become toxic.... k bro, I'll let you figure that one out

How the hell did you manage to interpret "was always toxic" as "suddenly, magically become toxic"? I don't even.
Mooninites
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 31, 2014 3:05pm | Report
You are literally the only person I know (probably in the world) who would have considered Tristana's kit 'toxic' in season 2 and 3.
DisturbedFox
<Inhouse Regular>
DisturbedFox's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 31, 2014 3:08pm | Report
I don't know how hard it is to understand that it's not magic that made her kit toxic but the changes to items and summoner spells
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 31, 2014 3:10pm | Report
Her kit was always toxic, but because the meta never favoured her and she wasn't a strong pick, you just didn't have to deal with that toxic kit unless she managed to make it 40+ minutes into a game.

Now that she's strong, you have to deal with that stupid kit almost every single game she's picked, when she gets enough range and items, unless she falls behind to not be too important. Then the game stalls to 40+ minutes and she becomes incredibly frustrating to deal with again.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
XeresAce
<Member>
XeresAce's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 31, 2014 3:14pm | Report
Is trist really THAT bad?

I mean, she was always like this... You can't exactly change a meta dependent champion without completely ruining them :/

Her mid game is pretty **** though, even with statikk shiv rush. Her early game isn't that good either, don't know where people are pulling this from... As long as a champ has something that's exploitable relatively easily they shouldn't be nerfed (too hard, anyways).

EDIT: It's your own fault for letting trist casually acquire enough gold to be significant at 40 minutes.

I play at around high gold-low plat level and games usually end at 30 minutes therefore I haven't experienced many problems with her. A ticking time bomb is going to kill you if you don't stop it in time -It's just how she works.
Thanks to GrandmasterD for the sig!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide