Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Official QQ Thread

Creator: jhoijhoi June 6, 2011 7:25am
17992 posts - page 893 of 1800
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 24, 2013 8:37am | Report
But he still said thanks, so it's k
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice
Fealow
<Member>
Fealow's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 26, 2013 4:31am | Report
I just dodged the que because an eve and rengar insisted going bottom even though I had selected Sona. This Eve was trying to make out she had some special build that would be effective and has gotten her many wins...
And because no one picked an ADC it would leave me without any assists and under leveled. They said it does not matter because this is not draft pick. It matters to whether we win or lose -_-

Sorry but the meta is there for a reason... It works!
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 26, 2013 4:49am | Report
Fealow wrote:

I just dodged the que because an eve and rengar insisted going bottom even though I had selected Sona. This Eve was trying to make out she had some special build that would be effective and has gotten her many wins...
And because no one picked an ADC it would leave me without any assists and under leveled. They said it does not matter because this is not draft pick. It matters to whether we win or lose -_-

Sorry but the meta is there for a reason... It works!

if you wanna play with the meta you should play draft, in blind pick ive gotten so many different things like that and ive even done them myself because normal blind pick is where you go to test things out against other people instead of the brainless bots

i was playing hide and seek though today (which is actually really fun if you dont know what it is) and we lost cuz my other seeker didnt ban a third person so they had shaco and kass and leblanc but the leblanc went afk so yeah it was sorta ok
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
Fealow
<Member>
Fealow's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 26, 2013 5:04am | Report
DillButt64 wrote:

if you wanna play with the meta you should play draft, in blind pick ive gotten so many different things like that and ive even done them myself because normal blind pick is where you go to test things out against other people instead of the brainless bots

i was playing hide and seek though today (which is actually really fun if you dont know what it is) and we lost cuz my other seeker didnt ban a third person so they had shaco and kass and leblanc but the leblanc went afk so yeah it was sorta ok

I'm only level 20 so im looking to play matches that reflect ranked matches so I can practice. It's not so much that support and adc were not going bottom its the fact that they didn't want the support with the adc. In any game that is just fail in my opinion. I don't think I can play draft anyway, not enough champs in my possession.

Anyways, went to another match and a player on my team made thresh go top with him (wukong) and yi bottom with me (ahri) I tried to tell him that Yi is our ADC but he rage about how Yi is NOT a carry... seriously? wtf? people like this are playing the game?!

I surrendered at 20 minutes and 4/5 agreed because we were wasting our time thanks to one idiot and a new player who clearly just bought thresh following his orders -_-
DillButt64
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 26, 2013 6:17am | Report
being level 20 you probably wont be playing the meta till around level 25ish consistantly and you really really really really should not be practicing for ranked games right now, i have 250ish wins and i dont play ranked because im not good enough for it so you should wait until you have around 500 wins to play ranked so practicing for ranked isnt what your goal should be right now

if you do want games that are a part of the meta you should find others that want that and have a premade game and all have roles you want before, its a lot more fun to play that way too
Fealow
<Member>
Fealow's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 26, 2013 4:20pm | Report
DillButt64 wrote:

being level 20 you probably wont be playing the meta till around level 25ish consistantly and you really really really really should not be practicing for ranked games right now, i have 250ish wins and i dont play ranked because im not good enough for it so you should wait until you have around 500 wins to play ranked so practicing for ranked isnt what your goal should be right now

if you do want games that are a part of the meta you should find others that want that and have a premade game and all have roles you want before, its a lot more fun to play that way too

I'm finding it difficult to follow your train of thought here. Surely any game played before level 30 is all for the sake of getting better for ranked matches if you intend to participate in them. Also everybody on this forum gives a different number mentioning how many games one should win before playing ranked matches. I appreciate the advice, but the inconsistencies make me cynical on the whole matter.

Don't get me wrong I'm sure ranked is a whole other level compared to what I'm playing now. However if Practicing for ranked is not my goal then what is?

I might make a thread in the match ups section advertising that I'm a support looking to set up some meta games then.
DillButt64
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 26, 2013 4:30pm | Report
your goals should be

1. getting to level 30

2. buying 3 champions per role, 5 in the roles you are best in (like support as you said)

3. getting runes and rune pages for said champions

4. learning mechanics for all the roles and the champions you play and the ones you are likely to play against

after you do those things youll be ready for ranked which is about 500~ wins for all the IP you want plus the in game experience you get from playing those games

i honestly do not recommend playing ranked games as soon as youre level 30 not like youll be able to, since you said you cant play draft because you dont have 16 champions which means youve only bought 5 or less and ranked doesnt include the free week champions like draft does so youll have to buy 11 or more champions to still be able to play ranked

but if you dont want your elo to be in the 900 or less area i highly suggest waiting
Tsuki
<Member>
Tsuki's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 26, 2013 4:39pm | Report
I recommend getting 4 rune pages, at least. Your ideal would be 10, but seeing as you are level 20~ish, 2 will be enough to suffice until you are roughly 500+ wins. RP = Rune Pages ^^
s|
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
"Ignorance is the curse of God; knowledge is the wing wherewith we fly to Heaven." ~ William Shakespeare
Fealow
<Member>
Fealow's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 26, 2013 5:43pm | Report
Okay guys, thank you for clarifying. I do need to buy some more some champs for certain. I'm already familiar with 80% of champs I come against and their mechanics as I always do research on the opposing team during the summoning screen. I guess its just a case of improving on that and grinding the solo queue/premades for the IP and branching out my skills in other roles than support. I've yet to play as a bruiser or jungler and Can't decide on which ADC to main.

I have this problem you see... I have an affinity for female champs. In turn this obviously reduces the amount of champs I feel comfortable playing as.

One other thing, should I bother with runes before lv30? I've been told not to and can understand why, but it would be insightful to hear more opinions on this.
DillButt64
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 26, 2013 6:08pm | Report
well since youre level 20 you can buy the top tier runes so you can go ahead and buy them now but its better to invest in champions

and there are female champs for every role (except for jungle unless you wanna use diana) and top (irelia and nidalee are about it for top)

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide