Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

PBE Patch Notes for 8/25/2012

Creator: cooper56 August 25, 2012 6:23am
1 2 3 4
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 29, 2012 10:23am | Report
Mooninites wrote:

OP late game? like Vlad op, irelia op? Come on now, she wasn't that good

Their power curves are mid to late game...That isn't necessarily OP..They get to late game and do their job. We could say LB is OP for having such an amazing early/mid game. But that clearly isn't the case because she falls off.
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 29, 2012 10:42am | Report
I can honestly only think of a handful of champions that scale into the game better than Irelia and Vladimir. And of those, all are AD based champions. Part of the problem besides their scaling is their kit, but anyway this is about Kat. And the point I was making is that Kat is not as good late game as Vlad or Irelia, and she's fairly comparable to every other late-game mid
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 29, 2012 10:45am | Report
I can agree.
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 29, 2012 1:35pm | Report

But he is weak.

Compare him to most of the current top picks.

Gragas has better sustain and better burst.

Ryze has better sustained damage and becomes incredibly tanky late game.

Dianna is mobile, high burst, and can do some sustained damage between her passive and the short CD on her Q. As well as she has a super strong displace with her AoE pull thingy.

Zyra has better lane control, just as strong a level of burst, better sustained damage through plants, more reliable CC. Stronger or just as strong team fight capabilities...

Cass is nearly in the same boat as Brand but she is a DPS mage which makes her more capable late game, as well her ultimate is a strong counter initiate opposed to Brand's which is really only useful as a weak disruptor.

Dont forget his passive.
Make sure you got early MPen to make your magic dmg become true and he's a burster with poke qualitites:
Level Sear and use the cheap lvl 1 Pillar+Conflag to keep up your passive. Don't let the enemy force you into actual combat and that's it.

But yeah, he's pretty darn weak: He got no utility, he's dmg-only, with 2 skill shots(aoe) and overwrites his own passive by spamming his spells.

They should rework him.
Nerf the %-dmg on his passive but allow it to stack 2-3 times and maybe add an utility effect to Conflag.
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 29, 2012 1:58pm | Report
His passive is forgettable which is why I didn't mention it. Early on it will maybe secure a kill or 2, but then it just doesn't factor into late game at all. IDK if they need to make his passive different, or give it a damage buff...But something needs to be done to it.
Crows foot
<Member>
Crows foot's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 30, 2012 1:44am | Report
Since brand is a combo mage they should make the damage from passive stack but maybe not linear. Full combo can hit 4 times and 32% from passive is a bit heavy. But maybe give additional stacks after 1st 50% effect so a full combo is 20% which makes him one of the mages that would work vs high health enemies.

I saw tsm take him top one game to e-poke a vlad into submission. Did work with brand's aa range for early lane domination. I have had good success with brand against fiizz, play passive, harass with e and farm safe. Save q for when Fizz goes offensive. Fizz lanes demands kills and if you deny them he has to roam and brand 2skill clears with the best of them.
If you for some reason want to follow my ranked journey to gold, you can do it Here.

I am against asking for rep, only rep me if you think I contributed well or said something wise.
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 30, 2012 8:26am | Report
It's not just Brand's passive. Currently I would assume the best possible AoE combo would be:

R+Q+W+E.

R to spread his passive, Q to lock down your primary target, W to do more AoE/spread his passive again, E to finish your damage. Ideally that is the maximum damage potential..I think.

Notice the issue being that his only affective way to spread his passive is to initiate with his ultimate. Otherwise you have to lead with E then Q then W THEN R. But by doing that you miss the spread from E and give opponents time to spread apart.

This makes sense to me, if it doesn't for others I may be wrong. But his ultimate essentially needs a mechanics change (again).

I'd suggest removing its interaction with his passive and give it the missile speed+focus champions simply on use OR make it apply a higher percentage of his passive with longer duration when targets are already Ablaze.

Brand's damage potential is directly linked to his ultimate's jump targeting. In a 1v1 fight with no creeps, the damage is still high but not the same to say Annie/Ryze/Cass for single target damage. This basically means to beat Brand you avoid proximity to targets for his ultimate to jump to.
Mastarwe
<Member>
Mastarwe's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 30, 2012 8:36am | Report

omg you guys all blind

in pbe at least, they buffed her passive, making it reduce ult CD a bit more, but her shunpo is ultimately a nerf -- a bit more damage early on, but if you don't just look at the first number, at level 5 of shunpo it's same dmg as current shunpo yet 5% less damage reduction.

According to the patchnotes on the website it was always 15%, they just fixed the tooltip.
I'm back!
Crows foot
<Member>
Crows foot's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 30, 2012 10:30am | Report
I'd go q first in a teamfight with brand. Your best way is to do damage. Not focus on stun.

Q, E, W, R. People tend not to run apart from brand until ultimate is used and if you initiate with it they will be too far apart for them to be hit by w. And R spreads quicker if they are on a blaze.
If you for some reason want to follow my ranked journey to gold, you can do it Here.

I am against asking for rep, only rep me if you think I contributed well or said something wise.
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 30, 2012 1:41pm | Report
Yes but Q may miss, and then you lose setting people ablaze anyway.

I would think initiating with ulti is fine. Depends I guess on the situation.
1 2 3 4

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide