Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

PBE Patch Notes for 8/25/2012

Creator: cooper56 August 25, 2012 6:23am
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 28, 2012 3:18pm | Report
Darcurse wrote:

Brand is not weak, he's simply the glass cannon type--
Sth nobody wants to play competetively.

He get's jumped at, the only thing he can do is to waste an aoe spell to set his target ablaze and then stun him for 2secs and before that happened he normally lost half his HP, if the attacker had some burst potential.

Brand can consider a teamfight to be a succes if he
1) Hits one target with Sear
2) Uses him to spread Conflagration to nearby enemies
3) After that hits as much Blaze targets as possible with Pillar of Flame
4) And let Pyroclasm run wild before
5) Inevitably getting killed

Ending up with supporter stats.
And if the enemy team doesn't suck at positioning... Well, than Brand loses most of his potential while being an one-sided burster.

But he is weak.

Compare him to most of the current top picks.

Gragas has better sustain and better burst.

Ryze has better sustained damage and becomes incredibly tanky late game.

Dianna is mobile, high burst, and can do some sustained damage between her passive and the short CD on her Q. As well as she has a super strong displace with her AoE pull thingy.

Zyra has better lane control, just as strong a level of burst, better sustained damage through plants, more reliable CC. Stronger or just as strong team fight capabilities...

Cass is nearly in the same boat as Brand but she is a DPS mage which makes her more capable late game, as well her ultimate is a strong counter initiate opposed to Brand's which is really only useful as a weak disruptor.
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 28, 2012 3:57pm | Report
Cassiopeia is significantly stronger than Brand, brand is more of a burst mage and he is a dps mage. Plus she's punished less for missing than brand
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 28, 2012 4:02pm | Report
That's what I said. Or thought I said that. :P Nearly same boat meaning: She's stronger by a mile but 1 or 2 things change in her kit and she'll be in the "forget for now" pile.
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 28, 2012 4:08pm | Report
omg you guys all blind

in pbe at least, they buffed her passive, making it reduce ult CD a bit more, but her shunpo is ultimately a nerf -- a bit more damage early on, but if you don't just look at the first number, at level 5 of shunpo it's same dmg as current shunpo yet 5% less damage reduction.

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
cooper56
<Member>
cooper56's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 28, 2012 5:06pm | Report

omg you guys all blind

in pbe at least, they buffed her passive, making it reduce ult CD a bit more, but her shunpo is ultimately a nerf -- a bit more damage early on, but if you don't just look at the first number, at level 5 of shunpo it's same dmg as current shunpo yet 5% less damage reduction.

She was op late game bad early game. Its a buff.
RaNuD
<Member>
RaNuD's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 28, 2012 6:45pm | Report
cooper56 wrote:

She was op late game bad early game. Its a buff.

I rarely ever agree with anything cooper65 writes, but I believe he is right. Or I need to get some sleep. Badly. I am positive one of the two statements are true.
In a thread about his own ban,
gabpin wrote:
stfu I only did that : swearing and thats why i got ban are u ****** or something ?

In a thread about toxic players,
Go be a whiny baby elsewhere. Find and abuse the ignore button. No sense stinking up this forum with your crying.
Mooninites
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 28, 2012 11:36pm | Report
OP late game? like Vlad op, irelia op? Come on now, she wasn't that good
Crows foot
<Member>
Crows foot's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 29, 2012 12:17am | Report
If new kat got to late she wrecked. Her new w gives her close to sustained damage on 4 secs cd.

Edit: if I read things right, up to lvl 13 her base damage will increase with 30. This is kinda big at lvl 2-3 when you first can combo. Say that you go ms quints you have around 10 ap at lvl 3. This will be the damage now compared to after buff:
Now q for 50(+5) and shunpo for 40(+4) and proc the mark for 15(+2)
After q for 60(+4.5) and shunpo for 60(+4) and proc the mark for 15(+1.5)
Which gives us 29 more damage in a lvl 2 trade. Same at lvl 3 if we assume that we have all 3 skills. W wasn't changed in this.

If we assume that the opponent have the same damage potential as we do post buff the trade will be this:
Now 116+aa (plus 43 from w)= 219 dealt and (188+aa)*.8=198. This is calculated at 60 aa damage.
After 145+60+43=248 dealt and (188+60)*.85=210.

So in that trade we increase our damage before reduction with 29 damage taken by 12. That is a buff to me.
If you for some reason want to follow my ranked journey to gold, you can do it Here.

I am against asking for rep, only rep me if you think I contributed well or said something wise.
Taco limeyjr
<Member>
Taco limeyjr's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 29, 2012 2:15am | Report
kwl
Thanks Nameless for the awesome sig =D
Mooninites
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 29, 2012 7:04am | Report
Crows foot wrote:

If new kat got to late she wrecked.

So does Ahri, Ryze, Cassiopeia, Karthus, Vladimir, Anivia, Mordekaiser, Veigar, and Zyra. All those probably scale better into late game than Kat does/did. She can destroy if she's ahead, but so can any mid.

Anyway nice maths

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide