Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

SoloQ Support

Creator: AntiH3ro February 26, 2014 3:23pm
56 posts - page 4 of 6
Bioalchemist
<Editor>
Bioalchemist's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 5, 2014 5:02pm | Report
Toshabi wrote:

Am I really reading someone suggesting karma over sona?

My head is leaking blood and stool samples.

you may want to see a doctor.

Thanks to jhoijhoi for my signature!

Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 5, 2014 6:12pm | Report
Karma is way better than Sona in every department except for the whole Crescendo thing.
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 5, 2014 10:52pm | Report
Luther3000 wrote:

Karma is way better than Sona in every department except for the whole Crescendo thing.

The part that matters.
jhoijhoi wrote:

Also, I think the levels of immorality in this thread are astounding. You'd really throw a child off a boat for your own luggage? Wow.

luizdeh
<Member>
luizdeh's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 6, 2014 6:07am | Report
Karma is legit, don't know why your head exploded and **** came out. Having her over Sona is perfectly fine albeit situational.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 6, 2014 8:27am | Report
Toshabi wrote:

The part that matters.

It matters, sure, but it's not like Karma's ult is completely useless. Defiance is a huge amount of team mobility, especially when you combine it with talisman of ascension, you can pretty much use it to force an engage/disengage anytime you want. It's like a mini- On The Hunt.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 6, 2014 9:06am | Report
Toshabi wrote:

I suggested her because Sona's low base stats make her much more unforgiving early game. Crescendo is good, but nearly everything else Sona does Karma can do more safely and, tbh, better....which matters if you don't feel comfortable relying on your allies.
Nebrasketball
<Inhouse Regular>
Nebrasketball's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 6, 2014 10:26am | Report
Karma relies entirely on her allies. Sona at least can carry with her ult. Karma is more comparable to janna but with lane presence.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 6, 2014 11:19am | Report
Late game, I agree with you. Early game, not so much.

Sona has no CC early game except for a slow she can only proc with an auto-attack at barely over half the range of Inner Flame, no escape, and her poke is less consistent and has less range overall. Not to mention the fact that her base stats are terrible.

I wasn't trying to be general. I was specifically stating that Karma is a safer pick early game than Sona, which makes her a better pick if you can't trust your marksman to back you up.
XeresAce
<Member>
XeresAce's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 6, 2014 11:40am | Report
Toshabi wrote:

My head is leaking blood and stool samples.

Am I really seeing somebody imply that sona is in any way better than karma? o_o
Apart from crescendo, which isn't as important as you say it is, sona can't match up to karma whatsoever.
Karmas utility with her Defiance is almost as strong as crescendo when used correctly. The fact that karma has a weaker ult is completely made up for by every other skill. Karma's poke is way stronger, Karma's damage is miles higher and Karma's non ultimate mobility/cc is much stronger as-well.
Oh did I forget to mention karma doesn't have to go 21 defense+ Dorans shield to hope of surviving the laning phase? and that Karma isn't a oneshot once people get close to her?

Sona only retains some merit because of her ult, but even that isn't as amazing as it used to be...
Thanks to Koksei for the sig!
Bioalchemist
<Editor>
Bioalchemist's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 6, 2014 11:56am | Report
give tosh a break. he is over 1000 years old. plus he probably hasn't really played karma that much.

Thanks to Hogopogo for my signature!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide