Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

SoloQ Support

Creator: AntiH3ro February 26, 2014 3:23pm
56 posts - page 5 of 6
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 6, 2014 12:50pm | Report
Toshabi wrote:

My head is leaking blood and stool samples.

does this count as evidence of his head being full of cancerous ****?

disclaimer: Pheyniex does not take any responsibility upon feelings of a 3rd party, be it offended, furious or happy. Any reference to cancer is justified by the simptoms described. No animals were hurt during the print of this disclaimer and there is no recocgnition of an authority to supervise this document.

Sig made by Hogopogo
Nebrasketball
<Inhouse Regular>
Nebrasketball's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 6, 2014 3:32pm | Report

Late game, I agree with you. Early game, not so much.

Sona has no CC early game except for a slow she can only proc with an auto-attack at barely over half the range of Inner Flame, no escape, and her poke is less consistent and has less range overall. Not to mention the fact that her base stats are terrible.

I wasn't trying to be general. I was specifically stating that Karma is a safer pick early game than Sona, which makes her a better pick if you can't trust your marksman to back you up.

Karma is safer, however if I didn't trust my ADC I would still rather play Sona, max heal and then have an ult to force fights when the enemy carries are out of position and not rely on the bad ADC to carry. Conversely, if I DID trust the ADC I think Karma is a great pick.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 6, 2014 5:22pm | Report
I wouldn't pick Sona regardless...if I wanted an AoE stun/good poke I'd just pick Annie, who can stun at level 1 if she feels like it.

lose the sustain, but have more consistent ability to harass early. >_>

Don't get me wrong here, I like Sona a lot (she was my most played champion last season)...but she needs a buff to her early game stats like they gave to Soraka before I'd be very inclined to pick her this season.
Nebrasketball
<Inhouse Regular>
Nebrasketball's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 6, 2014 6:09pm | Report
Sorry, my posts are going off the assumption you could only choose karma or sona. I would not pick either of them in ranked if any of the top triumvirate of supports were open.
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 6, 2014 7:58pm | Report

Don't get me wrong here, I like Sona a lot (she was my most played champion last season)...but she needs a buff to her early game stats like they gave to Soraka before I'd be very inclined to pick her this season.

Her latest nerf, where her healing got nerfed was just a slap in the face. Totally unnecessary, imo.
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks a lot for the sig, jhoi! :)
Cooper112
<Member>
Cooper112's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 6, 2014 8:17pm | Report
According to double lift bot lane in 4.3 is shifted to ap champs morg, zyra and two best ones right now and lulu once nerfed mid and if it does not hurt her bot lane she will be op since you get so much gold and dmg from new ap item its better than TM now since it gives no combat stats and is just weak.

Morg was sleep op now best support. Only problem is people in solo q not playing her right she is not like mid morg you dont jump into there team and ult you dont have that much power or gold to do that you use ult to peel for adc not hit hole team with hourglass maybe when you get ahead but average game no.
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 6, 2014 8:21pm | Report
Haven't tried Zyra yet, I know that Nami is really underrated right now for what she does and Morgana can cheat at bush checking since her W procs spellthief really fast :3
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 6, 2014 8:26pm | Report
XeresAce wrote:

Am I really seeing somebody imply that sona is in any way better than karma? o_o
Apart from crescendo, which isn't as important as you say it is, sona can't match up to karma whatsoever.
Karmas utility with her Defiance is almost as strong as crescendo when used correctly. The fact that karma has a weaker ult is completely made up for by every other skill. Karma's poke is way stronger, Karma's damage is miles higher and Karma's non ultimate mobility/cc is much stronger as-well.
Oh did I forget to mention karma doesn't have to go 21 defense+ Dorans shield to hope of surviving the laning phase? and that Karma isn't a oneshot once people get close to her?

Sona only retains some merit because of her ult, but even that isn't as amazing as it used to be...

In the end, we're arguing over which brand of doo doo smells better. Karma support is okay, but nothing great compared to what's out there, but any day, I'd take a sona over a karma if I had to choose.
Cooper112
<Member>
Cooper112's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 6, 2014 8:47pm | Report
Any of you see this?

Hes curses new support now i guess crazy because i just seen this video on front page reddit like 3 or 4 days ago about his crazy play and just today it was announced he is replacing saint i never realized it was him until now.
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 6, 2014 8:57pm | Report
Asian timing op
Thank you Tsuki for the sig!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide