Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

SOPA - discuss

Creator: Mooninites January 11, 2012 11:32am
103 posts - page 10 of 11
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 13, 2012 9:52pm | Report
Toshabi wrote:

The good thing coming out of SOPA is the end of all piracy as we know it, along with horrible pop sensations like Justin Beiber from being brought into existence. Consider this as preventing another contamination of the internet to be birthed into this world.

Doesn't even sound half bad now...

What happens in Equestria after dark stays in Equestria after dark. :3

Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 13, 2012 9:57pm | Report
What happens in equestria after dark, stays in equestria after dark.
tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 13, 2012 10:11pm | Report
Yougan wrote:

The maya have been seen in the future. The law will be accepted 21th of December 2012.

This is truly, the end of the world... of warcraft... and internet. :D

lol, my mom's birthday. And I'm probably not old enough to know this stuff.

These aside, piracy is wrong, but how come no one has done anything about it? It's been like, what, ~20 years? And because no one did anything about it, it has become common, and by becoming common, done as if it was legal. And when they finally try to fix it, they break everything affiliated with it that was actually legal.

Am I right about this, or completely wrong? I just started reading about this, sorry :p
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
AncientNecro
<Member>
AncientNecro's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 13, 2012 10:21pm | Report
Hmmm... no Justin Beiber sounds fantastic.

But what if SOPA infringes upon your religious beliefs? HMMM?

SOURCE + INTERESTING: http://www.globalpost.com/dispatches/globalpost-blogs/weird-wide-web/kopimism-file-sharing-religion-sweden

Cartographer7
<Member>
Cartographer7's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 13, 2012 11:28pm | Report
tehAsian wrote:

These aside, piracy is wrong, but how come no one has done anything about it? It's been like, what, ~20 years? And because no one did anything about it, it has become common, and by becoming common, done as if it was legal. And when they finally try to fix it, they break everything affiliated with it that was actually legal.

Am I right about this, or completely wrong? I just started reading about this, sorry :p

I'd say it's just a matter of the bad growing in with the good. Removing the bad without harming the good is a delicate process, but possible.

This bill, on the other hand, is like carpet-bombing a neighborhood because there's some drug trafficking there.
Yougan
<Member>
Yougan's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 14, 2012 10:29am | Report
tehAsian wrote:

lol, my mom's birthday. And I'm probably not old enough to know this stuff.

Well, I think most people actually would want the real game at least, rather than a copy.

But now the companies are just trying to milk every coin they can get from customers.

Nearly every game is overpriced, they make ****ty DLC or remove parts of the game to sell them, making "die-hard fans" forced to buy them. They make you pay more to unlock multiplayer and stuff in games as well.

Also, games that are not made anymore is also illegal to download (<--- This is horse****)
Even games you already own are illegal to download.

Another dumb idea is that Xbox 360 and PS3 can't read games from their past concoles.

Well... PS3 can play PS1 games, and some versions of it can play PS2 games as well, (Still wonder why not all the versions can)

Xbox 360 can read SOME of the Xbox games, but not that many tbh.

For movies and music I have no idea but... These are the reasons why I download stuff sometimes. Greed makes other people greedy, as anger makes other people angry.

(This is my opinion on this tho.)

Thanks to jhoijhoi, Brynolf, Jeffy40hands, Samoh, MissMaw, Vavena, Koksei and The-Nameless-Bard for my signs
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 14, 2012 6:57pm | Report
Ps3's can play PS1 games? I doubt it.

Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 14, 2012 7:06pm | Report
Nighthawk wrote:

Ps3's can play PS1 games? I doubt it.

Err, yes they can. :P
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 14, 2012 7:08pm | Report
Luther3000 wrote:

Err, yes they can. :P

Hard to believe Sony actually catered to the fan's wishes for once...

Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 14, 2012 7:09pm | Report
The original ones could play PS2 games as well, but they removed that ability in the slim models.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide