Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Special Thanks, Team Comp, and Help

Creator: LukeCA August 18, 2011 3:49am
3pthorror
<Member>
3pthorror's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 5, 2011 7:55pm | Report
get rid of jarvan top it can be beat easily, have whoever solo tops for your team learn udyr, morde, nasus, cho and u should be fine, those are currently srong top lane champs nidalee too maybe idk what the patch did to her tho didnt really check her out yet. AND I STRONGLY RECOMMEND YOU LEARN MORE THAN 1 JUNGLER amumu is great but u should learn how to jungle with gangplank nocturne fiddle WW and udyr they are all strong junglers and easy to use and gank with. GL to your team hope my comment helps u.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 6, 2011 12:57am | Report
Jarvan and cait is a weird dynamic. It doesn't happen too often so it's hard to say.

They both have ways to win the lane.

If I were going to give you advice, I'd say put Irelia top vrs. Cait.

Her form of gap closers and sustain, and her ult will be useful.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 6, 2011 1:00am | Report
3pthorror wrote:

get rid of jarvan top it can be beat easily, have whoever solo tops for your team learn udyr, morde, nasus, cho

Not only is Jarvan not "easy" to beat solo top, but those are all very flavor of the month choices.. :P

There are soooo many champions capable of solo'ing top. You'll want to consider the options.
LukeCA
<Member>
LukeCA's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 8, 2011 1:20am | Report
ok then we have been changing out team round a bit and we use: Top Solo Irelia. Mid Orianna(AP Carry). Bottom Corki and Sona and for Junger we use Amummu Still cause hes awesome :3
Buy a ward. Save a Life.
Xenasis
<Member>
Xenasis's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 8, 2011 9:50am | Report
PsiGuard wrote:

I thought the EU meta was AP carry top.... O.o

Depends on the team comp.

EU can go either way, AP OR Off tank, Fnatic, for example, vary between the two, whereas SK almost always have Wickd solotop as Irelia or Trundle or whatever.

I'd agree with Duff, you can't say "This is our team.", you need to adapt to what they pick, or pick as the situation demands it. So far, that's a pretty good team comp, very nice AoE, but I'd still recommend getting some more flexibility. Fiddlesticks works pretty well with Orianna, if you can play a good jungle Fiddle he can be worth it, if Amumu is banned or whatever.
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 8, 2011 10:20am | Report
I wouldn't recommend Orianna. She's really good but has a huge skillcap, and is getting nerfed (probably to ****) pretty soon. Brand is just as good but imo is a bit better, imo. Fiddle and Amu is really nice in a teamcomp especially if one builds specter. Corki + Sona is probably ok too, although I haven't seen Corki at all in high elo lately. You might want to try Corki + Soraka instead since I imagine that's extremely potent and allows Corki to build just full AD early game, since he usually has mana problems without specific runes (sheen + mm is nice too).

Xenasis
<Member>
Xenasis's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 8, 2011 10:34am | Report
To address your post, Nighthawk -
Orianna's skillcap is pretty overrated, I play her a lot myself, after about 5 games you have her down
Fiddle and Amumu would need Fiddle to lane, and he's bad at that.
Corki doesn't have mana problems, but as you said, there are better damage carries right now, notably Caitlyn or Vayne.
JunSupport
<Veteran>
JunSupport's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 8, 2011 10:41am | Report
Jarvan IV was nerfed quite a bit.

I don't play him, but it looks like no one really likes him anymore.
He was never really suited for solo lane anyway, he has no natural sustain. He was more suited to the jungle, but that got nerfed.
~ Gentlemen Cho'Gath ~
┌──┐
┴──┴
< ಠ,....,ರೃ>
~ Keeping this sig classy ~

Guides of Mine - Click the... Eh... Come back later

~Undergoing barbaric-Destruction, tasteful-Renovation, and blasphemous-Reconstruction soonâ„¢~
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
Skrallz
<Member>
Skrallz's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 8, 2011 12:37pm | Report
Ok So, first things first

- Don't always have the same team if you are going to do draft mode, they will either be banned, or picked
- Secondly don't pick only FotM characters because they have more chances of being bad
- And if you do want to make your team go far, learn 3 champions of each type
- Types are :
- Jungle
- AP
- Tank
- Bruiser
- AD
- Support
Yes there are 6 types of champions, but you can jungle with nearly all of them, on the other hand the best junglers are either tanks or bruisers

Oh if you want a good AP use Morgana or Kennen, they are pretty good and at mid - low elo they are never, ever banned

Jungle Amumu is good but not great, if you can get Lee Sin it's perfect

And at the moment the best solo tops are : Irelia, Singed, And Cho

In the team comp you should also try to get as much CC as possible, without sacrificing damage, or you just want compare to the enemies late game

Anyways if this helped you out, just give me a thank you ^.^

GOOD LUCK :)

My Akali build is on its way :)

Xiaowiriamu
Thanks for the sig <3

Quoted:
‎"School is like a *****, it's long and hard unless your asian" - Elementz

[/center]
Metalsonic
<Member>
Metalsonic's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 9, 2011 8:49am | Report
If you take Taric , take Caitlyn bot because likely if they get ashe + soraka you will have complete dominance of the lane , if they got sona you also get much better farm then ashe will.

Btw , in EU it's also very popular to have a tanky AP champion top like singed / rumble / vladimir / mordekaiser because they tend to counter most tanky dps . I would say that Riot ruined Jarvan 4 into a bad pick , also Garen at solo top is currently extremely overpowered ( like release xin zhao imo ) and if he gets to an opponent with the silence , then spins around him and then use his ultimate at level 6 he will get the kill always if the target took magic resistance runes ( which solo top champions should take because Magic resistance is much lower then armor in base values ) . Also he is immume to harrasment because of his extremely high magic resistance and armor , and the worst thing Garen can do currently is having a tie at solo top (Never seen a player destroy garen , not even with vladimir due to garen his high resistance and ability to have a much higher movement speed then a lot of champions if garen starts with boots at level 1 which he always should do ) .

Also Janna + Alistar + Sona tend to be the best supports , Orianna , Brand and Annie tend to be the best AP carry champions . Best AD carrys are ashe / cait / vayne . Best solo top is currently garen alone because you don't have a good counterpick to him while you can counterpick all the other solo top champions, solo top is a lot about counterpicking in my opinion. Best junglers imo are amumu / udyr / gangplank and possibly warwick .

You can agree or disagree with me

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide