Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Top Lane

Creator: Syther Blade September 19, 2012 5:34pm
26 posts - page 2 of 3
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 19, 2012 8:26pm | Report
The problem with top lane is that people think there is a problem with top lane.
BusDriver210
<Member>
BusDriver210's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 19, 2012 10:35pm | Report

The problem with top lane is that people think there is a problem with top lane.

lol, good one.
+Rep me if i'm useful!
EvilDice
<Shoutcaster>
EvilDice's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 20, 2012 3:50am | Report

Thanks to Anal Samurai for the sig!

twitch.tv/dicetherice - @dicetherice
BluAnimal
<Member>
BluAnimal's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 20, 2012 5:51am | Report
There really is no problem with top lane. If you lose out on first blood you'll miss maybe a level, a wave or two depending on how far along the game is. But who said top lane is always going to be the first death on the map? If you die just grab a Heart of Gold and learn to counter. I just played a top lane match of Jax versus Darius. I engaged and he got first blood because my dad was screwing with the router. I go back to lane and engage again, almost killing him, I get DC'd again for the same reason. It was 0/2 versus 2/0. I grabbed Heart of Gold and Warden's Mail, both two items I very rarely build on him. Later he dives with his jungler, Jarvan IV, I score a double kill and the game goes up from there. Darius ends 4/9, I come out 8/4.

Long story short, learn how to counter in champion select, ward and build properly. Also don't let someone screw with your Internet. X.X
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 20, 2012 7:55am | Report
Losing top lane?

Get zoned from farm.

Enemy pushes.

Your jungler ganks and you kill enemy.

Free farm and catch up.

Pushed and losing? Lane gank.

Though tbh I don't see the problem with a volatile lane. It just means the more skilled player and/or the better champion pick will get the advantage they deserve. What would you want instead, a farm lane?
Thanks to Nyoike for the sig!
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 20, 2012 8:23am | Report
Top lane is just an exciting lane.

People who frequently lose their top lane are most likely misplaying their match up or getting uber counter picked/ not warding.

There is nothing wrong with the way the lane plays, it has to deal with the people who choose to go top lane and don't take into account how the lane works. So they lose and get frustrated then make long *** blog posts/articles about hoe there are problems with top lane...
BluAnimal
<Member>
BluAnimal's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 20, 2012 9:17am | Report
Agreed with Psi and Jeff. I believe top lane is the most important lane when it comes to counter picking. Too many people love to first pick top lane cause they wanna play their favorite champion. Then they get countered hard. Then they refuse to ward because they're behind, so they get ganked and die again. People need to learn there's a lot more to top lane then auto attack auto attack use a skill and Ignite. Too many people refuse to do things like counter pick, ward, build to counter, etc. And thus top lane suffers on one team and carries the other.
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 20, 2012 9:50am | Report
Some top lane champs are fine for FP as long as someone like Malphite is off the table.

For example I feel comfortable with Irelia top lane, I feel her kit means that she has more skill match ups than direct counters, as well if I lose the lane I can get a GP5 or 2 and come in mid/late game as though the lane had been almost neutral. That's my experience at lower levels of play though, so at higher levels whatever disadvantage I might incur could ruin the lane/game, assuming the enemy team knows how to exploit advantages.
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 20, 2012 10:02am | Report

Some top lane champs are fine for FP as long as someone like Malphite is off the table.

For example I feel comfortable with Irelia top lane, I feel her kit means that she has more skill match ups than direct counters, as well if I lose the lane I can get a GP5 or 2 and come in mid/late game as though the lane had been almost neutral. That's my experience at lower levels of play though, so at higher levels whatever disadvantage I might incur could ruin the lane/game, assuming the enemy team knows how to exploit advantages.

likewise, i feel confident picking irelia top IF jax is banned.
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 20, 2012 10:08am | Report
Screw Irelia, I have Nasus.
True love is found only in yourself.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide