Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

What AP Mid Laner would make my life easier?

Creator: SOAC Bas February 3, 2014 11:52am
1 2 3
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 3, 2014 6:07pm | Report
wait wait wait wait wait

youre saying you dont want to use orianna and lissandra because theyre too team dependent but then you put twisted fate on your list of people youre looking at? how does that even make sense

also karmas damage doesnt fall off too bad, her R+Q hits like a nidalee spear with enough AP and is AoE, her damage on R+W is more than the damage with R+Q but is single target (and imo more used for the heal and snare), damage on E isnt that high but its acceptable with the utility it provides, and even id you dont use R before Q, Q still chunks for a decent amount on a low CD

morgana is also like other supporty mid laners, she doesnt make teamfights with huge AoE damage but with utility, utility can carry games more than damage at times, a good stun can turn a teamfight
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 5, 2014 3:30am | Report
I really think Annie should be on the list. I've had no problems with Morgana but I will admit she might not seem as convincing a carry as say... Fizz or similar.

She kind of plays like Karthus - harass from a distance/clear waves. If you catch someone out, you can make the plays and when **** hits the fan, go all in and ulti-zhonya that ****. If you don't **** up your ult, you'll divide and/or conquer the enemy.

Other than the ultimate, the only thing you might have trouble using is deciding whether to shield yourself and walk into the enemy or shield someone else and Flash ultimate in. Her damage isn't anything to scoff at either if you get caught in it throughout the whole duration.

Just be careful about picking her into assassins and you should be fine.
luizdeh
<Member>
luizdeh's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 5, 2014 4:09am | Report
Orianna can carry so hard, I don't what you're talking about. She has engage, disengage, damage, utility AND has a decent laning phase. You just need to learn how to do it. And honestly, Ziggs is harder to carry with at low elo if your team is dumb, because his deal is poke and siege, something that low elo either doesn't do or does it terribly.

No mention of Kayle as well? ***** is freelo. Easy ownage.

And just to be clear, ANYTHING you pick up and learn how to play can carry you out.
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 5, 2014 4:32am | Report
Ziggs is also a nuke. And he can play so defensively that it's ridiculous. His roam is nothing to laugh at either. He's so versatile in the way you can play him that he's in a really strong carrying position right now.

And Kayle isn't a 100% ranged champion, though I suppose she's definitely worth a mention. Very strong pick indeed.
For utter hilarity, click >>here<<!

SkidmarkD
<Member>
SkidmarkD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 5, 2014 4:58am | Report
Ziggs with some CDR, some mana regen is a monster.
Add to that his passive, a Lich Bane and he becomes a raidboss.
His ult is EPIC.
Along with Gragas my favorite mid champs.

Get Kayle enough CDR and she's basically 100% ranged.
Ubnoxius
<Altruistic Artist>
Ubnoxius's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 5, 2014 6:46am | Report
Orianna is by far your best choice, she changes the way you look at teamfights and is a very strong mid laner in general. Although she is one of the hardest mid laners to be good at, if you get enough practice with her you can simply instalock her, knowing how to stall the laning phase till late game where she can counter everyone with Command: Shockwave

Oh and also Kayle ^.^
Thanks for the sig Emi!
SOAC Bas
<Member>
SOAC Bas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 5, 2014 9:38am | Report
It looks like Orianna is moving up the list and Kayle and Annie will be added as well.
Podcaster and producer of community driven content - sittingonacouch.com
Scott Azrael
<Member>
Scott Azrael's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 5, 2014 10:31am | Report
I would suggest these champs(and yes, others have mentioned them):

Ziggs
LeBlanc
Gragas
Kayle
Kha'Zix

The two melee champs are just very good right now. They both have insane burst. However, if you just prefer being able to set back and attack from long range and be more a caster and not an assassin, I would suggest a slightly different list:

Ziggs
Cassiopeia
Xerath
Syndra
Malzahar

The main thing is, find champs that you like to play and play them enough so you know their strengths and weaknesses. I know I either need to play someone with a lot of range, or that has an jump/dash, because I tend to overextend sometimes. Playing a Kha or a Gragas allows me to have an extra dash so I don't have to burn flash as easily.

Also, try and find someone that you know is as good as you that you can duo with. I was in a similar position as you last season. This season, I have a friend that I know is solid that I try to duo with so I know I have at least 1 other solid player on my team. I've had too many games where I jungle and then all my lanes lose before I can even attempt to help.
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide