Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

What was Ahri's nerf?

Creator: Appl3zauz3 March 5, 2012 8:35pm
RCIX
<Member>
RCIX's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 20, 2012 5:31am | Report
Ok, follow me here. You might have to rub together a few brain cells to get my point, but....

Pre-release, i saw "Ahri: highly mobile assassin champ" from some red (ez or xyph i think). I thought "oh cool, i love mobile champs". She came out, saved up IP, bought her. She was true to the promise.

NExt patch comes out:
>Base CD on Spirit Rush increased by 10 seconds

I thought, OK, that's fine whatever, still kinda mobile and fun to play.

Then the Nautilus patch:
>Spirit Rush CD changed to 110/95/80 seconds

and it dawned on me. Every single other champ with a blink was actually more mobile than Ahri. Compare:
110 seconds between 3 dashes totalling 1350 distance movement, or 40 seconds between 1200 length of dash, split into 2 dashes and you can blink back to the start point of one or both dashes?
Or, 80 seconds those 3 dashes vs 24 seconds between the 2 more flexible 1200 length total dashes?

(OK, yes, it costs a touch more to cast LB's blinks lategame and a bunch earlier, i was wrong there)

Ask yourself, which is more mobile?

And that's not even getting into the fact that regular dash/blink champs who can basically ignore most walls when travelling while ahri can't (heck, graves arguably has more mobility than her for cross-map movement). Or the fact that she has the second lowest base movespeed in the game; it's not like her blink even makes up for it...

I got the refund because of "highly mobile assassin" claims before release, then... she's only kind of more mobile than the champs that have no mobility skills.
My guides:
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 20, 2012 8:01am | Report
Let's not forget that Leblanc is absolutely useless without her ultimate and much less useful without hitting W. If you use either you better damn well hope you don't have to fight in the near future. Pretty much the only good time to use double W is when you get ganked and will die without it.

So yes you can double blink every 24 seconds if you feel like it, but you sure won't be able to do anything else.
RCIX
<Member>
RCIX's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 20, 2012 8:12am | Report
^missing the point
Nasus says hi
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 20, 2012 8:14am | Report
No. Besides, Leblanc is supposed to be a highly mobile assassin type too.

If you're judging champions purely by their ability to run a race you're doing it wrong.
RCIX
<Member>
RCIX's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 20, 2012 8:18am | Report
Yeah, you kind of are. Since you didn't get it from that, I'll explain it as short as I can:

Ahri was billed as super-mobile assassin champ pre-release by a red. She comes out, subsequently gets nerfs that make her less mobile than anyone else with a dash or blink (she was arguably that way from the start, but the low cooldown on her ult helped mollify me). Thus, I has a sad. Thus, I got a refund since Ahri wasn't the kind of champ I was looking for.
Nasus says hi
albableat
<Member>
albableat's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 20, 2012 11:10am | Report
Just play Kass, bro.

He is mobile + scales well.
Will satisfy you on both fronts :D
Want to see an in-depth diamond level LeBlanc guide? Come by and check this ;) It's written by Baekstra who is a Diamond LeBlanc main on EUW and being one myself, I can vouch for it 100%!
RCIX
<Member>
RCIX's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 20, 2012 11:48am | Report
I do :3
Nasus says hi
Zell
<Member>
Zell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 20, 2012 12:04pm | Report
Your kind of missing the point of how Riot dubbed as "highly mobile assassin champ" on the debut of the release before the nerfs, clearly they thought she was too mobile thus received the nerf. Once again, do note that Riot do love to "hype up" come to be released champions in order to receive higher sales.

As far as I know she is the only champion who can go through three walls back to back within >3 seconds. If that isn't high burst mobility I don't know what is.
Credit to Jeff and jhois for creating my signature and avatar design.
If I helped +Rep, if I didn't then +Rep the person who did.
RCIX
<Member>
RCIX's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 20, 2012 12:11pm | Report
I see:

"highly mobile" > gets nerfs to "not really that mobile"

Yeah, she has high burst mobility, but... not that interesting IMO. And besides, how often do you find you need to cross 3 walls right at once? :P
Nasus says hi
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 20, 2012 12:57pm | Report
when people flash to chase you?

when people flash away and you can get to them and lead them without burning your flash?

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide