Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Which champion should I buy? Should I get XXX...

Creator: DEWO April 8, 2011 5:18am
Machineae
<Member>
Machineae's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 3, 2012 12:22pm | Report
Is Irelia still a decent champ to get?

I heard she was nerfed a few times and haven't had the chance to get her until now. Its either save up a bit for Irelia (Only 1000 or so IP away) or just cave in and finally buy Karma.
I've got a good mix of champs already, not really lacking in any categories.
Shadow17
<Member>
Shadow17's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 3, 2012 12:36pm | Report
I wanna buy either Draven or Nocturne, but idk which :S The only AD carry I own is Ashe(not terribly great with her) and the only jungler I can use is Amumu. I've tried both Draven and Nocturne, but I dunno :/
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 3, 2012 12:36pm | Report
Machineae wrote:

Is Irelia still a decent champ to get?

I heard she was nerfed a few times and haven't had the chance to get her until now. Its either save up a bit for Irelia (Only 1000 or so IP away) or just cave in and finally buy Karma.
I've got a good mix of champs already, not really lacking in any categories.

Irelia is not just decent, she's completely viable. Her bases are good(and just got buffed), her sustain is decent(just got nerfed), if you get an early doran's blade, doran's shield or philosopher stone sustain is not an issue though.

The cc-reduction on her passive is just ****ing broken and she's been my main for some time. She has no real hardcounters, and hardcounters herself all the ranged guys who rely on poking(don't know about kayle)
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 3, 2012 12:40pm | Report
Shadow17 wrote:

I wanna buy either Draven or Nocturne, but idk which :S The only AD carry I own is Ashe(not terribly great with her) and the only jungler I can use is Amumu. I've tried both Draven and Nocturne, but I dunno :/

i don't think draven is good as a second-time ad-carry. His skill-cap is pretty high and it's hard to position him in fights, graves is both much easier and generally sooo easy to position in fights, even if you fail your positioning you're kinda tanky.

nocturne is a tier1 jungler, and always has been. Such a good buy. He does the same thing as amumu(initiate) but in another matter, with amumu locking enemy in place nocturne focusses down and tries to assasinate whoever is fed on the enemy team and draws all the focus.

Machineae
<Member>
Machineae's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 3, 2012 12:49pm | Report
Quoted:

Irelia is not just decent, she's completely viable. Her bases are good(and just got buffed), her sustain is decent(just got nerfed), if you get an early doran's blade, doran's shield or philosopher stone sustain is not an issue though.

The cc-reduction on her passive is just ****ing broken and she's been my main for some time. She has no real hardcounters, and hardcounters herself all the ranged guys who rely on poking(don't know about kayle)

Awesome. Had no idea about the buff to her haha.
+rep mang.
Shadow17
<Member>
Shadow17's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 3, 2012 1:03pm | Report
Quoted:

i don't think draven is good as a second-time ad-carry. His skill-cap is pretty high and it's hard to position him in fights, graves is both much easier and generally sooo easy to position in fights, even if you fail your positioning you're kinda tanky.

nocturne is a tier1 jungler, and always has been. Such a good buy. He does the same thing as amumu(initiate) but in another matter, with amumu locking enemy in place nocturne focusses down and tries to assasinate whoever is fed on the enemy team and draws all the focus.

Graves kinda sucks IMO xD But Draven would lose a lot of damage if he kept missing his axes. I'll play them both a bit more and see.

Oh that's what you meant by second-time. I've tried Varus, Caitlyn, Sivir, and TF(probably more, just can't remember). And I have tried Draven on the PBE server.
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 3, 2012 2:12pm | Report
Shadow17 wrote:

Graves kinda sucks IMO xD But Draven would lose a lot of damage if he kept missing his axes. I'll play them both a bit more and see.

Oh that's what you meant by second-time. I've tried Varus, Caitlyn, Sivir, and TF(probably more, just can't remember). And I have tried Draven on the PBE server.

Well how did you like the ad-carries?
If you find it hard to position, Ashe and sivir are probably the best 2 to start with(not because they're easy to position) because they teach you a lot about how and where to position in teamfights.

Shadow17
<Member>
Shadow17's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 3, 2012 2:34pm | Report
Quoted:

Well how did you like the ad-carries?
If you find it hard to position, Ashe and sivir are probably the best 2 to start with(not because they're easy to position) because they teach you a lot about how and where to position in teamfights.

AD carries aren't bad, I'm just more used to stunning + bursting with AP carries or tanking. AD carries are so squishy T.T I die a lot on AD carries lol. It might be because of cockyness xD Also, I have no AD runes, just AP ones. Runes get kinda expensive when you wanna try out new champs xD I really should get used to a few AD carries, though :P
RZX170
<Member>
RZX170's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 3, 2012 4:01pm | Report
I am thinking of either getting Janna or Galio for support I feel Janna is better but Galio fits my style a bit more, which do I choose?
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 3, 2012 4:43pm | Report
RZX170 wrote:

I am thinking of either getting Janna or Galio for support I feel Janna is better but Galio fits my style a bit more, which do I choose?

Neither, you buy leona if you feel like tanking/initiating is more your style.

Janna is more of a counter-initiate support which counters a kill-lane.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide