Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Which champion should I buy? Should I get XXX...

Creator: DEWO April 8, 2011 5:18am
PhoenixWright
<Member>
PhoenixWright's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 18, 2012 3:04am | Report
Nighthawk wrote:

Ah, you want a non boring champ who can carry lategame.

For top (or maybe jungle) I'd suggest Jax, for another top i'd suggest Tryn, and for jungle Master Yi does well.

Jax is probably one of the scariest guys ever in lategame, and he also has a really good early game. If you play aggressive with him, he's not boring at all, and it can be pretty insane the amount of burst you do.

Tryn can be pretty boring depending on your matchup, the point of Tryn is to put him top and farmfarmfarm, but he can also be super aggressive with heal + ignite or heal + exhaust (there's a guide by dufftime on him somewhere around here which is really good).

And Master Yi is one of the better junglers at lower levels, you'll have generally have a hard time ganking without red buff, but his damage is massive and when he gets farmed or fed he becomes a beast. You have to learn when to go into a teamfight though, or you'll just get burst down like *that*.

As for Nasus, yes he has counters, although Nasus's jungle is really only counterable when he has no mana, and he can snowball really fast. His ganks are good, and he -can- invade and clear things really quickly. After a certain point he pretty much just becomes unstoppable, and in that regard is a lot like the other champions I listed.

Hope that helps :)

The thing about why I dont like Nasus that much, is that I had to farm to around 40 min and we almost lost before we could turn things around. Also seems like Nasus wont be free in a while.

Jax is fun, but can't play him if I duo que with my mate or he will be banned/picked by someone else. Been playing him a bit now during his free weak.

Bee playing Trynd do, problem there is he kinda feels to squishy and for some reason, not that fun:/

Yeah Master Yi, tried to jungle him, when terrible. Then he has the Trynd syndrome, very easily killed. So Jax, Olaf or Nasus might be better to use. Unless you build Yi into the normal tanky dps, warmog and atma and such.

He certainly does, remember seeing Nasus coming from lane and just cry when he hits with a Q. Also who doesn't want to spam ''Who let the dogs out!'' :D
Dainou
<Member>
Dainou's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 18, 2012 3:26am | Report

I was wondering if buying Varus or Ezreal would be a better purchase?

I really like using AD carries such as Corki. I dont know really what else i should add, i was just wondering peoples opinions as to who they think is generally a better AD carry between Varus and Ezreal!

Thanks!

I did say Varus, as I my self play ad carrys and find him funnier. However Ezreal has been called a weaker Corki, as some think he is Corki but just weaker. I'm not a big fan of Ez my self, but if you like him, get him. Overall I did say Corki is better and funnier, but you might have some other ad carrys as well.

My advice is to try them during free week or find a friend which have them, but also can let you try it.
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 18, 2012 4:02am | Report
Ezreal is sooo much stronger than people think.
He's also the Ad-carry with the highest skill-cap in the game. I'd say Varus.
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 18, 2012 6:09am | Report

I was wondering if buying Varus or Ezreal would be a better purchase?

I really like using AD carries such as Corki. I dont know really what else i should add, i was just wondering peoples opinions as to who they think is generally a better AD carry between Varus and Ezreal!

Thanks!

I would buy Ezreal!

Ezreal is super super strong in the metagame right now (not to mention Pulsefire Ezreal is coming out soon) and I predict him becoming fotm as soon as a pro player actually picks him up. His bot lane is amazingly good. He does have a high skill cap, but if you like playing Corki then EZ is definitely for you, he plays very similar to corki but is less prone to ganks and has a better lategame.

Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 18, 2012 6:18am | Report

The thing about why I dont like Nasus that much, is that I had to farm to around 40 min and we almost lost before we could turn things around. Also seems like Nasus wont be free in a while.

Jax is fun, but can't play him if I duo que with my mate or he will be banned/picked by someone else. Been playing him a bit now during his free weak.

Bee playing Trynd do, problem there is he kinda feels to squishy and for some reason, not that fun:/

Yeah Master Yi, tried to jungle him, when terrible. Then he has the Trynd syndrome, very easily killed. So Jax, Olaf or Nasus might be better to use. Unless you build Yi into the normal tanky dps, warmog and atma and such.

He certainly does, remember seeing Nasus coming from lane and just cry when he hits with a Q. Also who doesn't want to spam ''Who let the dogs out!'' :D

Well if you want to play tanky dps, you want to be aggressive, and you don't want to farm forever.

Well it would seem Lee is perfect for you, if you can master him. In lane he's a fawking boss, but he does take a lot of skill.

Uh, Garen is also free, although I personally don't like building him tank like most other people (some tank, sure).

Warwick is also good but he has some annoying *** counters in lane. Teemo is probably the most annoying thing that ever existed if you play top lane.

Also Udyr is good and you can jungle or lane with him. If you want to just build ad tanky (atmogs) with tiger or as tanky (wit's end).

Dainou
<Member>
Dainou's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 18, 2012 7:10am | Report
Nighthawk wrote:

I would buy Ezreal!

Ezreal is super super strong in the metagame right now (not to mention Pulsefire Ezreal is coming out soon) and I predict him becoming fotm as soon as a pro player actually picks him up. His bot lane is amazingly good. He does have a high skill cap, but if you like playing Corki then EZ is definitely for you, he plays very similar to corki but is less prone to ganks and has a better lategame.

Ezreal better late game then Corki? I always got the feeling is the opposite, that Ezreals damage falls to much mid game and Corki just get ahead. Might have to rethink my decision of not getting Ezreal then..
PhoenixWright
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 18, 2012 7:17am | Report
Nighthawk wrote:

Well if you want to play tanky dps, you want to be aggressive, and you don't want to farm forever.

Well it would seem Lee is perfect for you, if you can master him. In lane he's a fawking boss, but he does take a lot of skill.

Uh, Garen is also free, although I personally don't like building him tank like most other people (some tank, sure).

Warwick is also good but he has some annoying *** counters in lane. Teemo is probably the most annoying thing that ever existed if you play top lane.

Also Udyr is good and you can jungle or lane with him. If you want to just build ad tanky (atmogs) with tiger or as tanky (wit's end).

Well it dosn't have to be tanky dps, but it feels like beside being a squishy AD carry, tanky dps is what can carry the team in melee department. Also lets face it, in solo que, you would need to be able to survive and carry. I could do squishy melee AD, but I'm just afraid it will end like it does for most Master Yis that gets bursted the moment they get into the fight.

Lee Sin is quite fun, singing Kung Fu fighting while kicking ***. However isn't his late game pretty poor? As I have manage to go 10/0/9 through mid game and then just drag 9 death on me, as I could't carry the team without getting killed.

Yeah Garen, I dont know. Still its that problem of the late game.

Warwick, or god old dry humping them do death puppy. Hmm missed my chance when he was free.

Udyr, I'm a horrible Udyr, seriously....both jungle and top lane.

This is hard to decide, just looking for something that got carry ability. I can play a mean Singed top lane, but sometimes I feel he is not enough even though 7-2 is a good win record. Still he isn't the kind of thing carrying the team and when the others can't carry, I feel I'm just beating my self up trying to do it with Singed.

What about Wukong? or he just good for his ulti and being a off tank?
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 18, 2012 11:10am | Report
Lee Sin has a pretty good lategame but I suppose it's true he can't single handedly carry the game lategame. Kind of what you want to do is something like this:

Win your lane > Win others lanes (by ganking) > win map control (baron/dragon/other buffs) > win game

Also in solo queue as Yi, you just wait for everyone to start teamfighting, THEN you go in. Rape faces, etc. Yi can pretty much just solo the entire enemy team lategame. You just have to learn how to avoid cc.

Possibly the person I can suggest to you is WW, cause he can win the game hard if he wins lane. He is only 1350 (which in all honesty even if you're level 1 it probably only takes you till like lvl 4 to get that much ip).

edit:

oh and Wukong is terrible for carrying games :P

PhoenixWright
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 18, 2012 11:36am | Report
Yeah WW certainly is fitting very fast to get, so he actually is that great of a carry? I mean that after winning his lane, can rule the fight?

Currently thinking of WW, Nasus, Fiora, Jax and maybe Yi/Trynd. At least I'm lucky enough to go from trying out Jax to Fiora, would make the decision easier. Maybe I should try them all on pbe server.
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 18, 2012 3:05pm | Report
Dainou wrote:

Ezreal better late game then Corki? I always got the feeling is the opposite, that Ezreals damage falls to much mid game and Corki just get ahead. Might have to rethink my decision of not getting Ezreal then..

Ezreal def has a better lategame then Corki. EZ's ult lategame can pretty well 1 shot supports, and his Q can do massive damage.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide