Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Why do noobs make guides

Creator: beaker April 14, 2011 12:48pm

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

1 2 3 4
beaker
<Member>
beaker's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 14, 2011 12:48pm | Report
it bewilders me

feel free to look me up just to make sure I'm not a hypocrite

WHO AM I?

The Skilled Noob of course...
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 14, 2011 1:00pm | Report
I made a guide very soon after I discovered MOBAFire. I thought I had the best way to play AD Ezreal. Granted, I was ok at Ezreal but I had a minion killing guide and was also maybe a level 12 at best.

'Noobs' make guides because they generally don't really know what they are talking about. It's good though, because they are prone to criticism and (I personally) archived the guide within a week as soon as I figured out how. The poor guys just want to share their opinions and don't yet understand forums.
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
Read
<Member>
Read's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 14, 2011 1:02pm | Report
^^^This

As well, for me, I wanted to create a guide. Its kind of cool in its own way. Just to create something others can see and use and then get credited with success. Its a good feeling so of course they would try.
Join me, or fall forever
beaker
<Member>
beaker's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 14, 2011 1:08pm | Report
animorte wrote:

I made a guide very soon after I discovered MOBAFire. I thought I had the best way to play AD Ezreal. Granted, I was ok at Ezreal but I had a minion killing guide and was also maybe a level 12 at best.

'Noobs' make guides because they generally don't really know what they are talking about. It's good though, because they are prone to criticism and (I personally) archived the guide within a week as soon as I figured out how. The poor guys just want to share their opinions and don't yet understand forums.

Another thing I don't understand is how BUILDS/GUIDES on this site that are **** get up voted by a ton of people. For example, the guy who made what is right now the most popular Jax guide on this site, is NOT RATED IN RANKED PLAY. Nor has he played ranked games. And he also goes 0/11 as Teemo in norm.
Trojan995
<Veteran>
Trojan995's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 14, 2011 1:23pm | Report
beaker wrote:

Another thing I don't understand is how BUILDS/GUIDES on this site that are **** get up voted by a ton of people. For example, the guy who made what is right now the most popular Jax guide on this site, is NOT RATED IN RANKED PLAY. Nor has he played ranked games. And he also goes 0/11 as Teemo in norm.

Someone doesn't have to be rated in ranked to be good.

Not only that, why do you care his teemo score when he's writing a guide for Jax?

Lastly, the way people build their champions has nothing to do with their gameplay. I could build a champion exactly like Regi would and I still wouldn't be 2100 ELO. A good guide is a good guide, no matter if the person is a great player or not.
Click for one of my awesome builds!
Thanks to Mowen, WrATHofVuLK, and AlexanPT for the signatures! Check out Tristana: The Lane Game, Maokai: The Chu8 Way, and Twisted Fate: Card Games!
Read
<Member>
Read's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 14, 2011 1:23pm | Report
because hes jax. There need not be another reason
Join me, or fall forever
IxieSorrow
<Member>
IxieSorrow's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 14, 2011 2:28pm | Report
Meh, when i first joined Moba i made a caitlyn guide when she first came out because even though she wasn't the greatest champ in the world, alot of people were doing it wrong... multiple people shot it down though i still saw nothing that great, caught a few people who literally copy/pasted everything on it and reported them, and then caught on to someone who INSTANTLY (within 10 minutes of creation) had almost a 30/30 score.

The problem is with that is *getting your friends to upvote your guides so they're well seen* If someone had enough reliable friends, they could make the stupidest guide ever with absolutely no meaning, and have it extremely high rated on the first page.

Normally i wouldn't care, not like it hasn't been the first time it happened i thought (me still being 2nd highest in the guides at this time for Caitlyn still). Less than 5 minutes later i had over 20 consecutive downvotes as well as the next highest person under me by the same people who upvoted that other guide, those people still only have about 6 posts overall or less as well.

Guides are meant for a few things, to show people's opinions, share ideas, be critiqued so you can learn from how you play it (and help others reading it) and other things. But what it hurts a bit inside when something like the above paragraphs happens =/.

As for being more ontopic to why 'noobs' make guides, i would say mainly for the reasons i stated just a second ago for the most part, as well as personal reasons, maybe a quicknote meant for their buddies who just started the game or something. Or just to troll for the hell of it *points to mage garen guide with a smile*
Shh! I'm Charging My Laser.
Atarios
<Member>
Atarios's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 14, 2011 2:41pm | Report
IxieSorrow wrote:

Meh, when i first joined Moba i made a caitlyn guide when she first came out because even though she wasn't the greatest champ in the world, alot of people were doing it wrong... multiple people shot it down though i still saw nothing that great, caught a few people who literally copy/pasted everything on it and reported them, and then caught on to someone who INSTANTLY (within 10 minutes of creation) had almost a 30/30 score.

The problem is with that is *getting your friends to upvote your guides so they're well seen* If someone had enough reliable friends, they could make the stupidest guide ever with absolutely no meaning, and have it extremely high rated on the first page.

Normally i wouldn't care, not like it hasn't been the first time it happened i thought (me still being 2nd highest in the guides at this time for Caitlyn still). Less than 5 minutes later i had over 20 consecutive downvotes as well as the next highest person under me by the same people who upvoted that other guide, those people still only have about 6 posts overall or less as well.

Guides are meant for a few things, to show people's opinions, share ideas, be critiqued so you can learn from how you play it (and help others reading it) and other things. But what it hurts a bit inside when something like the above paragraphs happens =/.

As for being more ontopic to why 'noobs' make guides, i would say mainly for the reasons i stated just a second ago for the most part, as well as personal reasons, maybe a quicknote meant for their buddies who just started the game or something. Or just to troll for the hell of it *points to mage garen guide with a smile*

So true.
Thanks Jhoi,Xenasis,JEFFY40HANDS for the Sigs ! :D
Booshido
<Member>
Booshido's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 14, 2011 2:55pm | Report
let people do as they please?
hypershatter
<Member>
hypershatter's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 14, 2011 3:22pm | Report
noobs can make guides, i just wont read them.
1 2 3 4

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide