Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Worst week in LOL history?

Creator: cooper56 June 21, 2012 6:17pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 22, 2012 7:21pm | Report
Mazuran wrote:

You're complaining about a free-to-play game being down for a while.
#firstworldproblems

It's a kick in the balls to those who support Riot by purchasing RP. :V
IceCreamy wrote:

(1:07): I prefer your balls over ***hol

Machineae
<Member>
Machineae's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 22, 2012 7:22pm | Report
PBE is down as well :c
TxTVira
<Member>
TxTVira's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 22, 2012 7:28pm | Report
Oh man...now the queue waiting time is 4 hours...
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 22, 2012 8:02pm | Report
I just got kicked out of my client when I tried starting a game and I have to wait another 4 hours. WAAAAH BOOO HOOO HO- oh yeah, counter strike GO and costume making to do! Toodles!
Onoku
<Member>
Onoku's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 22, 2012 8:04pm | Report
one hour and 8 minutes left.. i'm probably going to bed. maybe ill be lucky and still be connected in the morning
MyRepublic
<Member>
MyRepublic's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 22, 2012 8:50pm | Report
I actually like this week. Why? It would seem that most of the noobs aren't on this week because of the login times. So all I have to say is thanks for making the game fun again riot.

Thank you Miss Maw, CasterMaster and Arcana3 for the sweet sigs. I'd definitely recommend you to anyone looking for a nice sig.

"But we are stronger creatures than babies, why cant we hunt them?"- Meiyjhe
Xaioli
<Veteran>
Xaioli's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 22, 2012 9:56pm | Report
If anyone cares, here is a official statement regarding the server instability.

Opaque_Shadow
<Member>
Opaque_Shadow's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 22, 2012 11:33pm | Report
Allow me to make two statements:
  1. In terms of programming, LoL is probably done like every other piece of software out there: lazily. The amount of data redundancies, conflicting coding, inefficient data handling, ect. is shameful. But, this is an issue caused mostly by the way many programmers are taught, not that Riot is especially evil. Modern programming practice simply disregards the blatant needless system stress that even a simple program like iTunes can incur. I promise you that if you take the people that coded battlefield 3, and had them recode the entire game, it would look just as glorious as it does now a a system that was five years old. RAM is the most abused piece of hardware there is, everything from anti-virus to gaming software uses it, and they all require heaps more than necessary due to coding that is just sloppy. On that note, the server issues we are seeing right now are probably caused by the 24/7 abuse that the game causes AND the no doubt vast code network that the game has accumulated throughout its development. The somewhere within the several thousands of lines of code exists a problem that possibly could have been avoided.
  2. To all those *****ing about these problems: Screw Off. you are complaining about a few days downtime from a FREE service that offers 27/7 access to a very high quality game. You ARE NOT entitled to anything! The complexities of simultaneously processing data from MILLIONS of people playing. For every click you make the server must send data regarding that click to at least five systems including yours. The data potential at any given time maxes out at about a MILLION INCOMING and TEN MILLION OUTGOING data packets assuming everyone is only clicking. The miracles of technology that even make such calculations possible are beyond most normal people's comprehension. These servers, programs, and people handle massive amounts of data 24/7 365 AND NO ONE HAS TO PAY THEM. They allow us free, unlimited access to all the content they create for us at no charge! I don't care how much RP you bought or how long you've been playing your wonderful 2100 ELO smurf: RIOT INDUSTRIES OWES YOU NOTHING AND THEY STILL GIVE YOU SO DAMN MUCH ANYWAY. Frankly the IP boost is not needed any anyone that wants more needs to **** themselves. also keep in mind the amount of stress simply being on creates on a system. Ever leave you PC running for a few days? Notice how it lags down eventually if you never shut it down? think of how the servers themselves must be doing handling what equates to near constant Super PI calculating. Sometimes **** just happens> It's not Riot ****ing up a patch, it's not a conspiracy against you, **** just happened and our dear friends at Riot are doing their best to fix it. Some of them have been sleeping at Riot Offices to fix this ****? How many of you sorry ***, entitled *****es are willing to stay at your job over-night when something goes wrong? Give the guys some ******** slack; yes, it is very surprising this happened, yes, it might have been avoidable. Get over it, you are owed nothing.
Werepirelord
<Member>
Werepirelord's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 23, 2012 12:09am | Report
My friend once lost all his stuff on EUW also.
But you know what happned?
2 weeks later he got all his stuff back + 2 skins.

See you later, armadillos! Unless I see you first!
Wintermond
<Member>
Wintermond's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 23, 2012 2:44am | Report
As an EU player, I find this rather amusing.

No, seriously we had MONTHS of unplayable servers before the split, not to mention the split itself.

Aside from that, just do something else while the servers are down. It's no use to rant and point fingers at Riot because 1. They know they screwed up and 2. They are doing everything they can to make the servers stable again.

El Psy Congroo.

|You can't spell slaughter without laughter.|

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide