Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Comment... err... roll-over?

Creator: Jebus McAzn July 6, 2011 2:14pm
1 2 3
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 6, 2011 2:14pm | Report
It's hard to describe what I want to say, but here's the gist:

On other forums, when you start typing a comment in a chat box, the site kinda "saves" it for you. Say I'm typing a several-paragraph response to a post in a guide, and I accidentally hit "backspace" while I'm not in the text box. It'll send me back a page and when I go forward to return to the guide, everything I wrote is now gone, unless I happened to copy it beforehand.

On other forums, this won't happen. If you type a response in a text box and accidentally go back a page, whether it's from a random backspace, mouse click, or macro that you have a mouse button set to, when you return to the text box page, it will still have everything you wrote up to the point of you accidentally going back a page. Why is this? Would it be possible for MOBAFire to have this? I only ask because I've done this SEVERAL TIMES NOW and it's EXTREMELY annoying to try to remember and retype a long comment, or even thread.
Scrax
<Retired Moderator>
Scrax's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 6, 2011 2:16pm | Report
It doesn't happen for me on MOBAFire. I can hit backspace, and return and my text will be in the comment box. I did it 4 times on this comment, as a matter of fact :)
B-Wong
<Member>
B-Wong's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 6, 2011 2:17pm | Report
Browser maybe? Doesn't work for me.
Firefox 4

Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 6, 2011 2:38pm | Report
It's related to the browser, it has nothing to do with mobafire. Unless you press send mobafire will not receive any information, it's your browser that stores it.
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 6, 2011 2:39pm | Report
We aren't doing anything unusual with the edit box that other forums wouldn't do. I'm not sure why it would work any differently here. There might be a difference between the quick reply box and the box on the "advanced" page. Does it behave the same way in both boxes for you?
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 6, 2011 4:54pm | Report
There are addons that have the function to store everything you write. I believe the name of one is Lazarus, but I haven't used it myself as I'm not quite as clumsy as little Jebus here :P
Sittin' on chimneys, putting fire up my ***.

"I biked 12km in a blizzard today and mice are chewing on my chocolate bars. Life's good."
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 6, 2011 6:56pm | Report
Yea that happened to me a few times.

Thing is, on solomid I can type something, back out, and come back fine in Chrome, but on MOBAFire no deal.

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 6, 2011 7:44pm | Report
Well this is annoying.

I'm running Firefox (the latest version, IDK if it's 4 or 5 anymore) and it gets rid of everything for me.
Scrax
<Retired Moderator>
Scrax's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 6, 2011 7:48pm | Report
Wrath, I got Chrome and I can do it here on MOBAFire. That's odd.
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 6, 2011 7:58pm | Report
yea it actually works with back button, I forgot if it used to or not...

but some things that you click that like change the page, not go back, idk if it works for those o_O

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide