Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Help! Why is my guide shutdown?

Creator: redash21 January 15, 2016 6:30pm
1 2
redash21
<Member>
redash21's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 15, 2016 6:30pm | Report
I was away for a while and upon return, my guide was "shutdown".

http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/season-6-solo-queue-brand-the-support-carry-447370

May I know if there are any material improper in my guide?

In short, I would like to know what is wrong with my guide for it to be shutdown.

Also does this means I am disqualified from the guide contest?

Whom should I seek for answers to my questions above?

Anyone?
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 15, 2016 6:52pm | Report
Moved to Site Support.

Wow, I can't say I've seen this happen before. I'm checking with the other admins and mods, but I doubt any of them did this. Is it possible you left your account logged in somewhere where someone could have messed with your guide? Do you know of anyone that might know your account information?

To my knowledge, your guide was not tampered with by any admin or mod because of rulebreaking. We handle cases of rulebreaking differently and PM the author if we take action. Unfortunately, I don't believe there's any way to retrieve a copy of your former guide, unless you have it saved somewhere locally.
Thanks to Jovy for the sig!
redash21
<Member>
redash21's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 16, 2016 3:54am | Report
Oh my god... I cant believe such a thing can happen to me...
TheSilverDust
<Member>
TheSilverDust's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 16, 2016 4:09am | Report
WHAT THE ACTUAL F*CK!? Did you logged in your account somewhere else?

Dayuum, someone hacked into your account and messed your guide big time!
Thanks LaCorpse for the sig!
MrMad2000
<Member>
MrMad2000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 16, 2016 4:24am | Report
I've managed to recover a cached screenshot of the guide just to see your original guide. The change was apparently made two days ago. See if you can locate in your history the last time you edited your guide before 14/01/2016 and it might load up the previous code which you can then copy/paste into a notepad for safe keeping. I would also change your account details (password) immediately just to prevent something like this in the future. Just saying, it's a screenshot and it's a cached image so it might not display properly.

I am currently known as Sejwoonapiggle on EUW.
Add me for any queries or questions you have for me!
Check out my stream! I could use the support.
Click here to view my stream!
redash21
<Member>
redash21's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 16, 2016 6:21am | Report
I only recalled using my laptop and desktop for this guide update... I cant figure how it happened. I have used the google cache but the code is not available as when I want to "edit" the page... still Thanks MrMad2000, though I can at least "salvage" the typed content with the cache page...

I had changed my acct password.

Just sort of saddened... esp I spent weeks on the guide formatting... and now I supposed I am also out of the guide contest... a double whammy... haiz...
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 16, 2016 12:43pm | Report
Great find, MrMad2000! I'm looking into whether your guide can be recovered, redash21. At least you do have some record of it so you can recreate it in the worst case, but I'm hoping it won't come to that.
Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!
redash21
<Member>
redash21's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 16, 2016 7:06pm | Report
Thanks PsiGuard, that would be the best.
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 18, 2016 4:06pm | Report
Hey redash, sorry this happened to you and we will do all we can to recover it but it is a tricky situation.

Do you happen to remember when the last time you saved your guide was (before this happened) or when was the first time your guide appeared to have no content?
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 18, 2016 4:35pm | Report
As Mowen said, we have a nightly backup of the entire database that happens at midnight PST. If you can tell us exactly what day you last saved the guide, I can pull the first backup after that. Alternatively, if you can tell us exactly what day the guide was lost (or really any day in between your last save and the day it was lost), I can pull the last backup before then. Once we find a backup with your last version in it, I can manually restore the revision from there. Unfortunately it's very time consuming to check each backup, so we need to narrow it down to hopefully just one.

Let us know if you can provide any of those dates and I'll get it rolling!
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide