Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Mobafire causing LoL Latency

Creator: Teyo October 16, 2015 5:21pm
1 2
Teyo
<Member>
Teyo's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 16, 2015 5:21pm | Report
Hi I have searched everywhere trying to find a result as this has never happened before. I have returned to LoL after 9 months break and I run dual monitors, generally LoL on left and Browser/Mobafire on right. Since i have come back I cannot have mobafire open at all else my ping sits on 500-1000+ as soon as i close the mobafire tab then its straight back down to 50ms.

Anyone got any ideas on what I can do to resolve this problem. Running Windows 7 with Goggle Chrome but I have tried IE and its still the same issue.
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 16, 2015 11:52pm | Report
Look for viruses and malware? Because that doesn't happen to anyone else.
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 17, 2015 1:05am | Report
It's nigh impossible for one to prove causality. I'd say it's likely some malware of some sort
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks a lot for the sig, jhoi! :)
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 17, 2015 1:06am | Report
It may also do you good to post this on the Site Support page, if you haven't done so already
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks for the sig, MissMaw!
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 17, 2015 2:59am | Report
^ Moved.

Thanks to MissMaw for the signature!
[deleted]
<Editor>
oxide110's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 17, 2015 4:37am | Report
Probably one of the 100's of ads and trackers acting up..

London is one hour ahead of the rest of England -Luther3000
Teyo
<Member>
Teyo's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 17, 2015 12:16pm | Report
Scanned for virus's and malware before posting on here. It just doesn't make sense as to why its only just this site?
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 17, 2015 2:01pm | Report
We'll look into it, thanks for the report.

Thanks to MissMaw for the signature!
durc
<Member>
durc's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 19, 2015 11:02am | Report
The topic of this post is exactly why I came to this forum. I have a similar issue. I am sure Mobafire is part of the reason I have the problem. There are 2 parts to the problem. First, my upload is limited to about 1.25 Mbps and my download is > 15 Mbps. The problem with Mobafire is that it is often uploading a large amount of data. Mobafire often uses so much of my upload bandwidth that it start impacting my ping.

Why does viewing a page at Mobafire cause my browser to upload over 30-100+ KB per second? Windows resource monitor shows that the IE process that is displaying the Mobafire page is sending this much data per second. Why does this volumne of data need to be uploaded from my machine to just view web pages?

This is not a new issue. I have been playing LOL with my two sons for about 6 months. Almost every time that we have a ping problem in game it is because someone has a page open on Mobafire. We close the page and ping goes back to normal.

Now, I have spent time trying to understand how Mobafire could possibly cause this problem. I think I found it. My limited upload is part of the problem. But really, why does Mobafire need to upload 30 KB to 100+ KB per second? It should not be doing this.

This happens with Chrome and Firefox also. Windows Resource Monitor, Network tab shows "Send (B/sec)" and viewing Mobafire pages causes a lot of data per second sent; 30 to over 100 KB (240 to over 800 Mpbs).
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 19, 2015 2:22pm | Report
Thank you for your reports Teyo and durc, we are looking into this as we speak and I just wanted you to know we take this issue very seriously since many of our users have MOBAFire open while playing LoL.

Thank you for your patience, we hope to have improvements soon!
Thanks to GrandMasterD for my sig!
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide