Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

[Suggestion] Non-English Guides Section

Creator: Zeprido June 21, 2011 11:12am
1 2
Zeprido
<Ancient Member>
Zeprido's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 21, 2011 11:12am | Report
I'm not familiar of the policy regarding non-English languages, but thought I would bring this up regardless.
Scrax wrote:

Of course it's allowed. But if I am searching up a guide to read up on a Champion, click the #1 rated one and find out it's in Cantonese, I'm gonna be pissed :P

With changes to guide types, perhaps now is the time to suggest that we add a section for Non-English guides for those in EU whose first language is not English to use.

We could add a selection box upon guide creation to select which language the guide is in, and then it would be placed into this new guide section.
When searching for a guide, allow the option to search only for specific languages via a check box allowing you to eliminate the languages you cannot read.
Zeprido is currently:Online
If I've helped you at all in any way, or you really like my post click that +Rep button =)
You can always call me Zep for short =D
Feel free to private message me with questions/concerns or if you just want to chat =)
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 21, 2011 3:50pm | Report
This is an English site with English guides

/topic

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
Zeprido
<Ancient Member>
Zeprido's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 21, 2011 3:56pm | Report

/topic

I've scoured the site for information regarding this (including the General Rules and Guidelines, as well as the User Agreement).
I have been unable to find anything that states that this is specifically an English site with English only for guides.

It seems more assumed than fact.
Zeprido is currently:Online
If I've helped you at all in any way, or you really like my post click that +Rep button =)
You can always call me Zep for short =D
Feel free to private message me with questions/concerns or if you just want to chat =)
Ya1232
<Member>
Ya1232's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 21, 2011 4:32pm | Report

/topic

Careful, someone might get pissed at you for thinking that.

Its not in the TOS, so why should it be not allowed?
Tho it should be made clear in the name that it is a German written guide. That way people know before they click it.
Scrax
<Retired Moderator>
Scrax's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 21, 2011 5:23pm | Report
Of course it's allowed. But if I am searching up a guide to read up on a Champion, click the #1 rated one and find out it's in Cantonese, I'm gonna be pissed :P
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 22, 2011 2:12am | Report
We have considered "officially" supporting other languages, but the demand hasn't really been there so we haven't jumped on it.

An alternative, and simple solution, might be an additional "Guide Type" category for "Non English" guides. This way users could post their guides in other languages, without fearing down votes from people that can't read it. The guides would be filtered out of the champion guide lists. Users could filter the browse page to find guides in their preferred language. It would be up to the author to indicate what language the guide is in, in the guide name, however.

Would that be enough for you?
AnIh
<Member>
AnIh's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 22, 2011 3:39am | Report
The english mentality is from the US guys thats all
Alahric
<Ancient Member>
Alahric's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 22, 2011 3:54am | Report
I would still strongly encourage people to write english guides, other languages don't get that much recognition.
<What Scrax Said>, yeah but I doubt that's going to happen. We're racist like that.
Xiron
<Editor>
Xiron's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 22, 2011 4:05am | Report
Ya1232 wrote:

Careful, someone might get pissed at you for thinking that.

[...]

Someone like me.
English isn't the only language. Is it so hard to learn?
Thanks to Joxuu!

AnIh
<Member>
AnIh's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 22, 2011 4:12am | Report
you talk to english and us ppl man , dont expect half a brain
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide