Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Underwhelming scout system

Creator: Vengenator July 19, 2015 6:40pm
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 20, 2015 11:57am | Report
I know it's a logical fallacy, it's still been stated in the past that the lack of use makes it not a high priority to fix.

Quoting the part of the post I was referring to for clarity:
PsiGuard wrote:
Also I should warn you that MOBAFire devs rarely devote resources to a feature that is underused. When there's a catch-22 like that, it's always up to the community to produce enough activity to warrant improvements. It kinda sucks but they have a lot of things to work on so usually they won't put time into features that might not be used much. We've had similar problems with the Scout system in the past.
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 20, 2015 1:38pm | Report
Laggermeister was probably the only scout MobaFire has ever had that would actually vote on every guide, and 98% of them were down votes. So he lost his scout privilege if I remember correctly.

but only 37 more Rep till I get promoted and I will most likely end up never voting as well :P

Considering that 98% of the guides on here are garbage, I say he was doing a damn good job at being a scout.

The scout system would never have worked. In fact, it would've been best to get a pack of the top rated members of each respective lane to form a council and vote on the best guides for each lane once a month and do something like that.

but of course, that will never be implemented because Toshabi doesn't wanna give any more thought into this. That will take away from my V-cred.
jhoijhoi wrote:

Also, I think the levels of immorality in this thread are astounding. You'd really throw a child off a boat for your own luggage? Wow.

TheRealCefor
<Member>
TheRealCefor's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 20, 2015 1:59pm | Report
My dreams of being scouted are crushed, I'm doomed to remain the most relevant, +1k views per day Veigar guide forever....
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 20, 2015 2:26pm | Report
I'm sure a council will work, I mean all mobafire diamonds can even decide what each champ is supposed to buy, not like I could go to the most popular guides and find two people that are diamond plus saying "rush this" and contradicting one another.

At least we can agree that "seen you in action" is a good reason to upvote your friends :^)
Thank you Byron for 2014's loudest laugh up till today
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 20, 2015 3:33pm | Report
FalseoGod wrote:
I'm sure a council will work, I mean all mobafire diamonds can even decide what each champ is supposed to buy, not like I could go to the most popular guides and find two people that are diamond plus saying "rush this" and contradicting one another.

At least we can agree that "seen you in action" is a good reason to upvote your friends :^)

And the kicker? Like interviewers, the council can just swap up every month so it's not the same people or made up of people who wanna legitimately review once a month. And we won't scrutinize, colonize or demonize based on MOBAfail ranking but of the ranking of LoL ranked queue.
IceCreamy wrote:

(1:07): I prefer your balls over ***hol

Vengenator
<Fabulous>
Vengenator's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 20, 2015 4:22pm | Report
A "Recently Scouted" on the front page would be cool
Spare a few Rep+ for the poor ( つ◕◡◕)つ
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 20, 2015 6:03pm | Report
If the Scout vote has no meaning, then there's literally no point to having the system.

On top of that, guide-reviewing in general right now is literally a mission and a half.

Until these two things are fixed, the system is redundant and even then, there will be problems to solve at that point.
TheRealCefor
<Member>
TheRealCefor's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 20, 2015 8:20pm | Report
Maybe we're just looking at this "scout" thing all wrong.

When I saw "scouted" guides, to me those guides seemed to have received Mobafire's stamp of approval. They got a fancy banner that highlighted that guide over all the others.

Including this little icon

I liked the idea of having Mobafire-endorsed guides but I do agree some shouldn't have the stamp of approval (some are out-dated, some are just blocks of text).

It might be more efficient to rid of the "scout" system altogether and instead give guides the ability to earn and showcase medals, just like user profiles can.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 20, 2015 9:18pm | Report
Hardly any (if not none) of the scouted guides are written by non-high elo authors, which means that them being scouted doesn't do anything besides give them that banner, pretty much.
Vengenator
<Fabulous>
Vengenator's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 21, 2015 8:29am | Report
Maybe we're just looking at this "scout" thing all wrong.

When I saw "scouted" guides, to me those guides seemed to have received Mobafire's stamp of approval. They got a fancy banner that highlighted that guide over all the others.

Including this little icon

I liked the idea of having Mobafire-endorsed guides but I do agree some shouldn't have the stamp of approval (some are out-dated, some are just blocks of text).

It might be more efficient to rid of the "scout" system altogether and instead give guides the ability to earn and showcase medals, just like user profiles can.

How does that even make sense? A "scouted" guide should be a guide that's normally obscure and under-rated and bring it out to light. If you want to consider it as a "stamp of approval" then it shouldn't be called a "scout" system.
Spare a few Rep+ for the poor ( つ◕◡◕)つ

Check out my Brand guide linked in my signature
Also check out my Malzahar Guide,Consumed by the Void

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide