Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Am I in the wrong?

Creator: Aromyr April 4, 2011 9:26am
6 posts - page 1 of 1
Aromyr
<Member>
Aromyr's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 4, 2011 9:26am | Report
So here is what happened and let me know if I was in the wrong here…
I am level 15, and don’t have much in the way of runes, etc.

So in one game, I am playing as Heimerdinger and I go top with a Dr. Mundo. I don’t remember who we were laning against honestly, I am pretty sure it was two melee champs…doesn’t matter too much though.
This is very early game, so I only have one turret available and maybe only one level in each of the other abilities, no ult yet.
I generally start out with my turret in the brush, allowing it to farm for me since the minions don’t find it and are generally in it’s range. I generally will start to last hit then, and wait for good opportunities for the missiles and grenade. Running when the champs start after me and letting my turret do the work.
Mundo goes in and starts hitting away. Since the other two are melee, and so is he, and the minions are all targeting the three of them, I can’t really tell exactly what is happening, but to me it looks like Mundo ran in and started going toe to toe with the other two champs and gets reamed. This happens quite a few times, while I remain on the perimeter rebuilding my turret when the champs take it out and throwing out my wrench, missiling when I can, same with the grenade.
After the third or fourth time, the Mundo says “Why aren’t you helping me? I go in there and you run!”
Our next bit of chat went as follows:
“I’m Heimerdinger”
“So?”
“YOU are supposed to be helping ME”
I realize my response was a bit on the d**kish side, but Heimerdinger really isn’t the “Get in there and mix it up” sort of champ
There was little said after that, but I tried to stick around a bit more, against my better judgment, and started dying myself quite a bit. We were somewhat holding the middle ground until that point, but one we started falling, the whole lane collapsed.

I have thought about it, and while I could likely have sent a grenade or two his way, I really don’t think there was much else I could have done against two melee’s. They were in the middle of minions, so there was little guarantee that my rockets would have hit the champs to help. And my single turret would have been destroyed quickly if I threw it into the fray, leaving me without much of anything.
And he really looked to be running in and just hitting and hoping.
At the end of the game his only comment in the Chat was “You all suck”
After that I just kept thinking “Since when is Heimerdinger supposed to be protecting Dr. Mundo”
And phrasing it that way, “protecting the tank”, made me think that maybe I was in the wrong and should have done more.

Soooo…what do you think? I don’t know Dr. Mundo very well, is he the sort of Tank that is supposed to just run in and start swinging? Or was the guy just playing badly.
Should I have been in there more?
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 4, 2011 9:42am | Report
No one is a tank at level 1, and in lane Mundo should be harassing with his cleaver instead of running in and melee'ing. He was being REALLY dumb but I still would've done everything I could to stop him from dying (and therefore feeding the other team putting you in a WORSE position) short of dying myself. Throwing him some grenades would've been good. I would've tried to tell him to stop being so aggressive and tell him you're not going to go for kills right now.

Also, I'm pretty sure Heimer's rockets prioritize champs over minions. So don't worry about firing them and hitting the minions instead of the champs.

TL;DR: That Mundo was dumb, but you still should've done everything you could to stop him from dying aside from dying yourself.
Trojan995
<Veteran>
Trojan995's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 4, 2011 9:51am | Report
Don't risk dying if someone's going to be stupid. The less you die the more you can carry, so if someone goes against massive odds and you see it coming, don't hesitate to save your own hide. Mundo shouldn't have expected your help against odds stacked against you, other than some ranged help. If there's a chance you can secure a kill, then by all means help, but in solo queue it's best to fend for yourself instead of being a martyr for questionably competent allies.
Click for one of my awesome builds!
Thanks to Mowen, WrATHofVuLK, and AlexanPT for the signatures! Check out Tristana: The Lane Game, Maokai: The Chu8 Way, and Twisted Fate: Card Games!
Mickeyfree
<Member>
Mickeyfree's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 4, 2011 11:23am | Report
Yes i see all to often people running in blindly and them blaming me for not helping after they have been killed. i try to explain my best that being so aggressive isn't always the best idea, but some people just don't learn. By all means help as much as you can and like previously stated above don't ever feel bad for saving yourself when there isn't any hope to secure that kill in the first place.
Lazukin
<Member>
Lazukin's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 4, 2011 9:58pm | Report
It's something that just happens. People usually realize their mistake after they suicide once or twice, but (Mundos particularly lol) some people seem to think they're invincible. When they die, they take it out on the nearest ally/person who didn't call an mia.

I make sigs, PM me if you want one :D (Thanks for the Nidalee sig, The_Nameless_Bard!)
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 4, 2011 11:57pm | Report
Sometimes it's better to offer a little assistance and have them say nothing than have them yell for doing nothing. Try playing Lux for one game with a Renecton who semi-feeds. You'll know what to not go into with your skills.
Sig courtesy of GrandmasterD. Go get your own sig from them. :D

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide