Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

How is kog?

Creator: Redfable September 25, 2011 10:27am
9 posts - page 1 of 1
Redfable
<Member>
Redfable's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 25, 2011 10:27am | Report
I enjoy ranged champs so is kog a good choice? How is he in game? Can any kog players tell me how he is?
Anyone feel like smurfing??

http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4e1c7a6fb3ad3554662705

Help me out if you feel like it
theBMB
<Member>
theBMB's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 25, 2011 1:50pm | Report
I love kog'maw, he's so fun to play since he can zone opponents so well. Kog'Maw, Tristana, and Caitlyn have the largest range in the game, so if you like ranged champs, go for them
fifolek
<Member>
fifolek's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 26, 2011 2:41am | Report
well im not playing him so often but when i do then it is always the same, not that good at the beginning, starts to make fun when i get madreds and op endgame

just make sure u position urself good

usually u will be the primary target lategame, so keep distance and save ur slow for someone who wants to get u as kogmaw is pretty slow and cannot run away
fifolek
<Member>
fifolek's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 26, 2011 2:43am | Report
ah one more thing if it goes mid-late game and some enemy shows up and it is 1vs1 then FIGHT,
with madreds and ur W u will kill in most cases anyone 1on1 and running away with kog'maw is no option
theBMB
<Member>
theBMB's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 26, 2011 10:53am | Report
^yes, this is the key to playing kog'maw well, most people underestimate his damage output, but with exhaust, he can pretty much win any 1v1 fight
His squishiness means that if you try to run away, you're going to die. But if you stand and fight, even if they do manage to kill you first, they'll be close enough for you to pick them off with your passive after death.
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 26, 2011 2:24pm | Report
The main thing about Kog is he's not good for beginners since he has no escape / utility spells. He has a slow but it's not going to save you much, and he is a little hard to last hit with.

I think he's very fun because his ult can snipe people, and it's fun to see him melt people late game.

If you're just starting playing him try to lane with a support and get a doran's blade to help you last hit. If you have trouble rushing Madred's you can try rushing Zeal or Malady.

It's also nice because you can build him a lot of different ways, just experiment and practice and you can get good with him, but he is a little hard to play at first.
Thanks to GrandMasterD for my sig!
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 28, 2011 7:45pm | Report
Very high damage.
Very vulnerable.

I would advise not buying Kog'Maw before trying him out in-game. He's not an easy champion to play well, and you should probably just wait till he's on rotation so you can try him out for free.
Thanks to Hoppermh for the sig!
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 29, 2011 10:55am | Report
As an AD carry he's widely regarded to be one of the hardest carry's in game. People used to call him a "Super carry" back in the day.

And he still is, but does go splat as soon as an assassin like talon touches the whiskers on his chin.

As an AP, he's under rated, very potent, great range and very considerable sustained damage out put over the course of a fight.
Calibern
<Member>
Calibern's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 29, 2011 4:46pm | Report
Kog has a high skill cap, but once you get use to him you can destroy most people late game. His early game is meh, but he can kill a tank 10 secs flat late game, and if they do no def then gg. He is almost impossible to escape from, because of the range on his ultimate. The first 5 games might be rough though.
Xin Guide
Clicking the Rep button will end the world, do not click it! (Reverse psychology FTW)
Thank to AlexanPT, JakofAllSpaydes,JEFFY40HANDS, KingCasanova and reppinFTC for the amazing signatures.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide