Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Completely New to this style of games..

Creator: AVIDTIGERIAN December 31, 2013 3:30pm
1 2
Xiaowiriamu
<Veteran>
Xiaowiriamu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 5, 2014 10:53pm | Report
Sorry but poppy is not "easy" to play and it takes lot more strategy than MOST champions.

Thanks,
from an avid poppy player
Millionaiire
<Member>
Millionaiire's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 6, 2014 5:39pm | Report

Sorry but Poppy is not "easy" to play and it takes lot more strategy than MOST champions.

Thanks,
from an avid poppy player

Ah, sorry, I've never played Poppy but have seen a few people play her in videos etc. and I thought she fit in with the people like Garen who aren't that difficult to play, my bad.
Hardstuck Silver ;(
ApexSpartanHD
<Member>
ApexSpartanHD's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 7, 2014 10:44pm | Report

A couple of friends got me into playing LoL they had me play Ashe and Nami. I wasnt that good i died a lot but with Nami I know that she is support. I would like help understanding the other champions and play styles and who would be good champion to start out with in each category? Help would be greatly appreciated thanks

Honestly, I will try to help you from my point and how I got to play better. First off all, try to find your favorite lane and champions that you like to play.

I will use Ashe as an example, because she was my favorite and still is my favorite ADC. If you are looking forward to playing ADC, I would start out with Ashe. She is very cheap and very effective. Many people will call her noob champion, but many don't realize her true potentional, because it's hard to find good Ashe players. It's all about playing safe. I used to die a lot, had a horrible KD with her until my friend helped me out. All you have to do is play defensive and it's all about positioning yourself. Never be too agressive with her, always play and poke enemies from a safe distance. If you see that the enemy champions are nearing you, always go back until they back off. Ashe plus most of the ADCs are very squishy, meaning they can be slain easily. If you get caught by a champion with a big amount of damage, you will not survive. You HAVE to keep your distance, position yourself and play safe. Poke your enemies until you are 100% certain that you can kill them and then go agressive, but always be careful if they have 2 champions in their lane. Another thing I would suggest you is, ALWAYS try to last hit minions. When it comes to ADCs, it's important that they farm especially if you are Ashe. You will need that gold. Ashe is not effective without good items, but good item build can make her one of the deadliest ADCs in the game. With your slow and ultimate stun, you can change tides in teamfights. Practice your ultimate, it's going to take some time to master it and don't use it to last hit to get a kill or just fire it randomly. Ashe's ultimates are best used in teamfights to help your team or if you are getting chased and might get killed. I could really type a lot because there is a lot more to it. I would suggest you just watch some tutorials on Youtube. Find your favorite champion for the beginning or your favorite class and then look out for some guides on Youtube. These guides will help you how to play with that champion, which masteries to put, which items to build and so on. I only used Ashe as an example because I play her a lot and I started out with her. Personally, she is a great ADC to start with. She has simple abilities which aren't too hard to use except her R, but many players will always underestimate Ashe because many consider her a noob champ.

Honestly, I had many games where I raped enemy teams with her, it's all about having a good build and making sure that you don't feed at the beginning of the game. Try to farm with her as much as you can, get good items and slowly start raping the other team.^^
KazamaShoichi
<Member>
KazamaShoichi's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 8, 2014 6:41am | Report
A few tips would be: don't push if the enemy has an advantage over you. It will put you in a bad position where it's hard to escape I'm saying this because many players don't know that. and end up feeding.

lessons:
when playing against yi, don't fight him 1on1 on an even situation, he's dueling power is strong. get a help from your teammate or jungler to get an advantage till you could 1on1 him.
when against annie, be careful when she has the windaura. its a stun and someone may followup. also watch her if she's on 3 charges. that may also be a stu.
when playing against Warwick, don't duel him when you are melee. he has high sustain and may end up you taking more damage. harrass him if you are ranged. be careful if he's lv6.I should create a guide instead.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide