Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Help me to improve laning?

Creator: Timh37 May 30, 2011 11:25am
Timh37
<Member>
Timh37's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 30, 2011 11:25am | Report
Help me! I always seem to get harrassed, to loose te CK, to get my turret destroyed the first. I watch the videos, read the guides but I just suck:(

lv26 134-136 now:(
Timh37
B-Wong
<Member>
B-Wong's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 30, 2011 11:29am | Report
Make sure to last hit and if you're getting harassed try to harass them back when they get in range. If you find yourself having to go back buy potions so you can stay in lane longer and also play very careful. If you're getting your turret killed first that's probably due to you not being able to sustain yourself in lane. Just keep the last hitting up and if you have a lanemate, try to collaborate to burst damage from time to time on the other laners, it forces them back and also lets you get more free farm. Warding river is also pretty cool if you want to keep yourself from dieing from ganks.

Ya1232
<Member>
Ya1232's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 30, 2011 12:08pm | Report
If you are like me and reading is great, but seeing it is better send me a PM here with your name and we can go do a custom game. We can see what you are doing and what you can change to fix it so you are standing at their tower and getting your last hits.
Scrax
<Retired Moderator>
Scrax's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 30, 2011 12:10pm | Report
Adding to what B-Wong said: Keep dancing around. Left and right, and only auto-hit to last hit or keep the minions in the middle of your lane.
Timh37
<Member>
Timh37's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 30, 2011 12:24pm | Report
I do last hit actually, but when I try to last hit I am normally directly brought down a lot of HP.
Timh37
Ya1232
<Member>
Ya1232's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 30, 2011 12:31pm | Report
You have to be careful of who and what you last hit. Also if you play a squishy toon they will try and jump you. Id start with just last hitting the melee and then jumping the ranged if you can get up there hit it and get out. I know its annoying with people that just auto attack minions and push you really hard really fast.
Sorry again for the EU client and assuming you were US client =\
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 30, 2011 3:22pm | Report
If you get pushed hard, push hard back till the minions are in the middle again.

Also, if you are melee and they are ranged, last hit from a safe distance, sometimes you may not be able to without losing a lot of HP to them.

If it isn't safe don't do it, play it safe.

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
Sacull_Kinslayer
<Member>
Sacull_Kinslayer's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 30, 2011 5:58pm | Report
Much good advice has already been spoken. It also depends on what hero you are playing. Moving a lot, using the bushes, last hitting from the greatest range you can, etc etc. Don't be afraid to turret hump if they push you. Just when you get under the turret focus on kill the creeps fast so your turret doesn't take too much damage IF the opposing champs are hitting it too. If they are not attacking the turret just last hit. The turret will clear them out fast enough.

And make sure you are laning with someone that compliments you. 2 melee range DPS in the same lane is just asking to get harassed out of the lane vs any good ranged.

If you are having problems try different heroes until you find someone you are comfortable with. Once you do I HIGHLY suggest learning how to handle the top solo lane vs 2 heroes. The experience of mastering that is invaluable. It makes solo lanes easy once you can master that.

And also be aware of what heroes you are weak against and DO NOT BE TOO PROUD to ask for a lane switch. Alive and somewhere else is better than dead in the solo lane because of pride.
Did I manage to assist you in any way? Hook me up by hitting that nifty +Rep button.

All guides have been archived due to my not being able to play LoL currently. The information is still there and is good but until I return they will be archived. I am able to keep them updated and current though.

Vladimir's Blood Resource. Designed for beginner's and beyond.
Vladimir's Blood Resource: Post Nerf Edition.
The Exemplar of Tanking: Jarvan IV .

Making a Guide by jhoijhoi This is everything you need to know about making a guide. Amazing.

...and Buffy staked Edward. The End.
fifolek
<Member>
fifolek's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 31, 2011 10:43am | Report
and plz dont forget to last hit with your Q with veigar, I do see them every second game those veigars who have like 100 creep kills, no ap item and like 20 ap... soooo bad.

another thing is, try to stay as much as possible at your turret when you get harassed to much, better to tower hug than feed.
Mastarwe
<Member>
Mastarwe's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 4, 2011 4:05am | Report
remember the forumulas for last hitting under the tower (working when minions don't hit them too much):

melee: 2 towerhits -> 1 AA and they're dead (with most champions)
caster: 1 AA -> 1 tower -> 1 AA and they should also be dead.
Don't know a formula for the cannonminions, but they take less damage from towers, so the best thing is to kill them ASAP and try to get the last hit anyway.
I'm back!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide