Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Teammate Help

Creator: ModusPwnens August 9, 2011 2:47pm
14 posts - page 2 of 2
1 2
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 13, 2011 5:49am | Report

It's gotten worse over the past week though. I can't even TALK to them about the game anymore because it's not just that they're ignoring me, it's that they actually seem to believe things like "wards are a waste of money" or "Zilean needs just as much farm as Vayne". Previously, I had thought it was mostly just posturing to show off that they were more experienced with the game in that bizarre way nerds like to do. One particularly overbearing one (who unfortunately has no life and sits online all the time) not only believes these things, but thinks that they are the consensus among the "top players". And then everyone else just agrees with him because they don't want to look foolish. Ironically, this same person spends every game complaining about how OP every other champion is and then eventually quits playing because he's so disgusted with how bad Riot is at balancing the game (he is not a fun person to play games with, but tends to come as a package deal with friends who are, so it's really a more general problem).

Those kind of players irritate the hell out of me, especially when they also flame people. Unfortunately most people playing LoL seem to think they belong at 2500 elo and know the game better than anyone else.

If you have fun playing with your friends though, you should still do it. Just be aware that no matter how much you try they might never listen to you.
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 16, 2011 10:53am | Report
From reading over everything you have said it seems your friends don't understand how to properly play the game to its full effect. You should show them this thread so they can understand what they are doing wrong and maybe fight 1 or 2 of them xD.

Also the point about Zilean not farming to let the AD carry farm seems a little unorthodox to me. Both should farm, Zilean should just make sure he is not last hitting everything, but if Vayne/Said AD CARRY, sucks at last hitting then he should just take it all >:D

My friends frustrate me when I play too sometimes, so I yell at them and sometimes resolve the issue that way. lol
Check out my in depth guides by clicking on the stamps below!
Mastarwe
<Member>
Mastarwe's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 17, 2011 2:26am | Report

It's gotten worse over the past week though. I can't even TALK to them about the game anymore because it's not just that they're ignoring me, it's that they actually seem to believe things like "wards are a waste of money" or "Zilean needs just as much farm as Vayne". Previously, I had thought it was mostly just posturing to show off that they were more experienced with the game in that bizarre way nerds like to do. One particularly overbearing one (who unfortunately has no life and sits online all the time) not only believes these things, but thinks that they are the consensus among the "top players". And then everyone else just agrees with him because they don't want to look foolish. Ironically, this same person spends every game complaining about how OP every other champion is and then eventually quits playing because he's so disgusted with how bad Riot is at balancing the game (he is not a fun person to play games with, but tends to come as a package deal with friends who are, so it's really a more general problem).

Give the guy a link to a few progames (deman4 and colbycheeze have a lot of them on youtube) and let him watch those (do it yourself aswell, it always helps). This way they may learn sometihng aswell ^^
I'm back!
UltimateHavok
<Member>
UltimateHavok's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 17, 2011 11:04am | Report
I got a couple IRL friends I've been playing with recently too, and they're pretty bad. lol They kind of remind me of some of your instances, saying that all other champs are OP and their champ needs to be buffed. I think one said turrets are OP one time.. lmao One time that friend was playin Janna and some one told him to buy wards and place them and he looks over at me and was like, "I should just ignore them about the wards right?" I was just.. T___T

But this is to be expected of playing with people you know IRL, if they suck you can't exactly ditch them. ha

But I like that idea earlier, I'm down to play against your friends.. >_>
My name is Havok.
And yes, your mother loves me.

Check out my Katarina guide!
+rep me because I am awesome.

Thanks to jhoijhoi!
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide