Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

What champion to buy helper

Creator: DEWO September 15, 2010 11:25pm
Restrictnine#5232
<Veteran>
Restrictnine#5232's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 13, 2010 8:46am | Report
First of all, I have to say that I like to base the champs I get on tier lists, including Elementz tier list. It gives you a rough idea of which characters are viable in ranked games, which is what i mostly play. There are exceptions however. Example: Cho Gath is not even tier'd. He's considered "hard to place on a team". I severely disagree with that opinion, as he has some great cc, has some pretty good versatility, and has incredible lane presence. I own Cho Gath. But for new players, a tier list can be a good place to start, as it shows them which champs are most valued in arranged ranked games, which is really the game mode that everyone should be striving for. or Normal arranged, if people aren't into the heavy competition.
Click on the Banner to see my new and improved Udyr guide!

Guides By RestrictNine, A.K.A. Taggrin
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 16, 2010 9:15am | Report
Enter your response here...
Never take anything serious
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 16, 2010 9:15am | Report
Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /one.cgi on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

FACK!
Never take anything serious
Scrax
<Retired Moderator>
Scrax's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 16, 2010 9:29am | Report
Perhaps delete the "Enter your response here.." comment, Soldier? :)
DEWO
<Retired Moderator>
DEWO's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 5, 2010 11:49pm | Report
Ehhh this is kinda not gonna be back, i vote to kick it from the sticky threads for the time.
Did i help you? Click that +Rep

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the sig!
LandoChronus
<Member>
LandoChronus's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 7, 2010 12:38am | Report
Yea wasn't there some issue with the host or whatever ?
I think it was actually in here someone mentioned it but I don't feel like going back to check.
Rubens995
<Member>
Rubens995's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 17, 2010 9:55am | Report
Who would You guys choose: Olaf, Katarina, Jax, Akali or Xin Zhao?
Dante Rebellion
<Member>
Dante Rebellion's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 18, 2010 6:17am | Report
Rubens, personally I would say Katarina is the best, her ultimate has a short cooldown and deals massive AOE damage. Shunpo can be great for catching up to enemies or escaping, she has a good number of range skills and her overall damage is just friggin' insane. She can easily get double kills, and is not very hard to play. Another bonus: doesn't work on Mana.

Akali is pretty much the same as katarina but is realllly squishy in the start, however she can become a monster mid-late game. (I can't really comment about her, since I don't own her as a champ, but in all the games I have played against her she has been extreamly powerful late game). Another champ that doesn't work on Mana.

Olaf is a beefy champ who can just become...scary... late game. Early and Mid game can be quite boring, and undertow can be quite hard to aim. I wouldnt recommend you getting him after the recent nerfs. But if you enjoy being a viking version of HE-MAN who dances to techno music, then go for it.

Xin Zhao is and always has been a solid melee champ. Throwing people into the air can just be annoying as hell, combined with his big damage and CC potential, he can be a huge team credit.

Jax is actually a very balanced champion, if he gets fed, hes going to unleash hell and literally solo 2-3 champions and maybe even a turrent. However if he doesn't get fed, hes going to be boring and lame all game. Jax can be quite difficult to play *inb4 right clicking isn't hard*, jumping and smacking people in the face, is great fun, but people can run away from jax pretty easily, and jax can easily be countered with (for example) Sword of the Divine.

In order: Katarina, Akali, Jax, Xin, Olaf
Rubens995
<Member>
Rubens995's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 18, 2010 6:45am | Report
Thanks Dante, Your post helped me a lot:)
DEWO
<Retired Moderator>
DEWO's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 2, 2011 3:39am | Report
OK since i found a copy of the quiz (a bit outdated but still can help fiew ppl) i am stickying it again. Have fun!
Did i help you? Click that +Rep

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the sig!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide