Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Carries in the Jungle?

Creator: Alan LaFleur April 24, 2014 12:21pm
1 2
Alan LaFleur
<Content Team>
Alan LaFleur's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 24, 2014 12:21pm | Report
Carries in the Jungle?
Alan LaFleur | April 24th

I stumbled upon an interesting article on Cloth 5 yesterday. The article talked about putting carries in the jungle. No, not like carry junglers but actual AD carries like Twitch. It sounds crazy but the author, BlueNoseReindeer, had a well thought-out concept.

First, he made the point that gold is safer and more reliable in the jungle. Also, since the carry would be in the jungle, he would more than likely roam and would be able to get more kills than the slow-paced duo bot lanes. He made the claim that with all the changes to vision in Season 4 that early ganking junglers aren't as necessary anymore because those ganks usually aren't effective.

The other premise is that putting an AD carry in the jungle would remove a tank from your team. However, I disagree because the team would probably put a tank in the top lane and a bruiser with the support in the bot lane; the team would still have a tank presence. However, he argued that tanks aren't as useful as we believe they are and that they wouldn't be missed in a few team comps.

Click here to read the whole article

So what do you think? Would you put a AD carry in the jungle with hopes that they get enough gold to carry the team in the late game? What carries would you put in the jungle? Do you think this is a terrible idea? Do you feel the same way about tank champions?
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 24, 2014 12:38pm | Report
The problem with them is that they can't really survive in the jungle like other junglers can. ADCs usually tend to have rather low armor and low health. But if they really don't "jungle" that much (kill the jungle creeps) they can probably gank a few times without having to go back again.
Joltfox
<Member>
Joltfox's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 24, 2014 1:33pm | Report
Lifesteal quintessence to the rescue ? No ?
Don't know how to feel with an ADC in the jungle ...
But then on the other side , give them lifesteal Quint's and a feral flare and they would be able to survive ? or is this not a solution ?
My life for Aiur
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 24, 2014 1:35pm | Report
Carries is limited to Twitch because of his Ambush combined with a slow and high early-game damage. Try jungling Varus and suddenly it looks a lot less viable.

Anyway, I've seen Twitch jungle work but I consider it to be very very niche. Any strong early-game jungler would be able to **** him up in his jungle and beat them when counterganking.
NateDog13
<Member>
NateDog13's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 24, 2014 2:57pm | Report
Twitch, Quinn, Jinx, maybe Graves, maybe Lucian. ADC jungles are hella susceptible to counterjungling though, and if they don't duel well, they're done for.
-Check out my Lucian Guide (Click the Picture above, 4 Current Builds)!-

Wavering Reflection's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 24, 2014 3:20pm | Report
I've been doing this with Twitch/Jinx and even a bit or Corki. Works great if the other jungler doesn't camp your jungle.
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 24, 2014 4:54pm | Report
I did it with Graves a few times. Didn't work out that well. The early game of carries is just to bad to get a decent clear and to gank successfully early game, while it's all about level 3 ganks right now.
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 24, 2014 9:47pm | Report
ADC junglers work if:
-Enemy's jungler can't counterjungle, countergank, duel, do something
-Your team is beefy as hell and has strong solo laners who can carry your sorry ***
-Your team's reaction times are below 0.01 seconds
-Your team reacts to you when you gank and do stuff
Jimmydoggga 2.0
<Member>
Jimmydoggga 2.0's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 24, 2014 10:08pm | Report
With feral flare tanks do enormous amounts of damage anyway and dont have the side effect of being squishy as ****. And whoever thinks tanks aren't useful hasn't been caught out of position against one.

Basically MOBAFire.
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 24, 2014 11:19pm | Report
i played a few games as jungle twitch and the problem is that its just so ingrained that junglers are at least somewhat tanky that a squishy as hell adc jungling is going to throw your teams *** off if you aren't 5man team with set plan.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide