Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Ekko: Chronobreak Comic

Creator: Wayne3100 May 21, 2015 12:10pm
1 2
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 21, 2015 12:10pm | Report

Thanks to Hoppermh for the signature!
XeresAce
<Member>
XeresAce's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 21, 2015 12:29pm | Report
I mean, why use a storyline that is carefully written out and thought out as the teaser when you can just use a ****py action vid that completely failed to convey the story?
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 23, 2015 4:00am | Report
Gives the mood of the character (and a "I told you so" to Xeres) effectively.

"Sort of a typical plot, but I loved the art."

- Toshabi's response to everything Riot
jhoijhoi wrote:

Also, I think the levels of immorality in this thread are astounding. You'd really throw a child off a boat for your own luggage? Wow.

XeresAce
<Member>
XeresAce's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 23, 2015 4:13am | Report
Hey, I still don't really like the ****ty "perfectionist" concept but it sure as hell makes more sense when you're doing it to save someone's life, rather than a cruddy painting (that we didn't even get to see in the video until the end, at which point it basically had no impact anyways)

If they used this first, and then showed the video I would've thought this event drove him to be a perfectionist which I would've been ok with.

Either way, I still dislike the way they portrayed him in the video :> I mean, even in 'a new dawn' or 'a twist of fate' they managed to portray the characters' personalities with just a few gestures and minimal interaction fairly well but they completely give off the wrong impression by focusing on something so important to the character (the perfectionism) in such a trivial way (a cruddy battle vs a grunt whose relevance to the story is STILL unknown)
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 23, 2015 5:00am | Report
Still not seeing any of that in the video.

I mean, I'm the most brutal on critiques and even I can't say your arguments are.... well founded (for lack of a better word). It's comparable to saying Pixar is dumb for killing off the grandma in the intro of the movie without giving granny any real dialogue.
XeresAce
<Member>
XeresAce's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 23, 2015 5:42am | Report
I have absolutely no idea who or what Pixar is LOL

And I don't even know anymore... All I see in the video is this: Random kid with a disproportionately large head and punk clothes fights a random thug but ends up getting beaten over and over due to his inferior fighting technique and strength so he turns time back in order not to get beaten, but fails quite a few times before he actually manages to win; only to end up being sad to see a random wall crumbling. Oh, and he also makes a few faces while his arm is getting crushed :D

Am I really missing something? (obviously, the comic makes everything clearer, but it definitely serves the purpose of a prequel more than a sequel and as such it should've been released first)

And to be fair, while the video had cool art and animation, they really could've spent their budget on a flashier animation due to the fact that they already had the comic in works (which would've been 10 times better as the teaser). Ekko doesn't really have that much to show except some minimal street fighter skill and a flashy blue light every-time he gets his *** whooped 8l

EDIT: Don't bother replying xD I just hate this guy too much to have a proper discussion at this point
Thanks to Koksei for the sig!
HiFromBuddha
<Member>
HiFromBuddha's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 23, 2015 6:26am | Report
XeresAce wrote:

My heart just sank after hearing that.
Imma 'bout to end this man's whole career
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Kiniro Mosaic
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
Jimmydoggga 2.0
<Member>
Jimmydoggga 2.0's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 23, 2015 7:09am | Report
XeresAce wrote:

They produced Toy Story, Up and Cars.

I honestly see the same problem as Xeres does, because Ekko must have the easiest life ever being able to go back in time like that.
And he's a perfectionist , which just says to me he needs to get his head out from up his ***. Having said that im still going to buy him.

Basically MOBAFire.
XeresAce
<Member>
XeresAce's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 23, 2015 7:37am | Report
Ey sry guys, I don't watch many movies (animated or not) :<

Quoted:
Having said that im still going to buy him.

I'll buy him too. His kit seems pretty fun, although him scaling with ap is a bit confusing considering most others who use tech gadgets and things end up scaling with ad. Then again, katarina also scales with ap so w/e :D I also think he looks much cooler in game compared to the trailer
Thanks to Koksei for the sig!
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 23, 2015 7:48am | Report
If I get it right, the paintings are from people he outlived (friends, family, who knows), he says "I won't let him become another painting on the wall" or something if I recall correctly. So obviously these paintings would mean enough for him to try again.

But I think it was mostly for comical effect.
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide