Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

MOBAFire Special Christmas Giveaway!

Creator: Hades4u December 18, 2023 7:28am

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

1 2 3 4
Hades4u
<Lead Community Manager>
Hades4u's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 18, 2023 7:28am | Report

Hey everyone and welcome to our Special Christmas Giveaway! โ„

Our favourite frosty holiday is finally here and there's no better way to celebrate together than sharing stories and creations, and of course, receiving gifts! Not physical gifts in our case as we're all over the world and shipping would be tricky, but we've got some RP that's just as good for you to enjoy (and it fits under any Christmas tree)!

It's been some tough few years for everyone and some of us won't get to celebrate Christmas with our dear ones. That doesn't mean we cannot have fun together as a community and enjoy ourselves, as it's a great part of the year that we should enjoy to the fullest!

Find out below how to take part in the event, and remember, we all need a moment of peace and fun after a difficult year! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Frosty N' Jolly Rewards!

Grab yourself a hot tea or cocoa mug and let's see what we've got in our Christmas sack for this event. There will be 15 winners that will receive a $10 RP Code each. In addition, their replies will be featured on the front page in the winners announcement post.

To spice things up, the winners won't be randomly picked for this event. All the entries will be checked by the MOBAFire Team and we will pick our favourite ones. Before the panic sets in, we will pick the ones that we've enjoyed the most, not the longest or the fanciest or anything like that. It's important to have fun while sharing your stories and Christmas spirit and we will as well! :)

If you're not a fan of writing and you prefer sharing your Christmas creations instead, we would also like to see your own Christmas trees and snowmen. We could look at them all day long!

We're not done yet - everyone who takes part in the event will receive a special Christmas badge! Take part now and add this unique and merry badge to your collection!

Now The Fun Part!
Pick your favourite and reply to this post until the 25th of December at 23:59 PM PST. ๐Ÿ•’

Share a fun Christmas story - If you have memory of a fun occurrence during past Christmas celebrations, we would like to read about it! Can be a real life story or something that happened during an in-game Christmas event, it's up to you to share your favourite one! Make sure it's your own story or Santa ๐ŸŽ… won't fit through your chimney this year!

Tell us about your favourite Christmas food or dessert - We play together from all over the world and our cultures are different in their own ways. Tell us about your favourite Christmas food or dessert and maybe show us a picture as well! It can be something traditional or a comfort food you simply enjoy, you know best what makes you happy for Christmas! ๐Ÿฅฃ

Share your favourite Christmas movie - The special time of the year when we rewatch our favourite movies, it's almost like a tradition of its own. Tell us about your favourite movie while avoiding spoilers and see how many other community members share the same taste! If you have a tradition of watching non-Christmas themed movies around the holidays, tell us about it! Anyone else doing Lord of the Rings marathons? ๐ŸŽฌ

Tell us about your dream Christmas gift - There's always a dream gift we would like to get for Christmas! While we can only fulfill your RP dreams, we would still love to hear about your wishes for the most magical time of the year. Feel free to also tell us about perfect Christmas gifts you've received in the past, happy stories are always great to read! ๐ŸŽ

Share a picture of your Christmas tree or snowman - Our Christmas tree has been ready for more than a week already, in anticipation for our favourite holiday. Show us a picture of your own Christmas tree or maybe a snowman you've built and let us marvel at your creativity! If you're not having a Christmas tree and this year didn't bring any snow to you, show us your Christmas decorations or anything that lifts up your holiday spirit! Merry Note: Make sure to also include in the picture a piece of paper with your username! ๐ŸŽ„โ›„

Thank you all for being here and we're very excited to see your replies. Please let us know what you think about this community event and our Christmas themed changes! The winners will be drawn and announced in the first week of 2024. ๐ŸŽ‰
zacklynier
<Member>
zacklynier's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 18, 2023 10:19am | Report
On a chilly December evening in 2024, I attended a Christmas party with snow falling gently around. The host had put together an incredible decoration, adorned with colorful lights, festive ornaments, and sweet melodies playing in every corner. The party had a warm and welcoming atmosphere, and everyone was in high spirits.

As soon as I stepped inside the warm house, I encountered a group of friends. They immediately invited me to don handmade Christmas hats and join in on the fun by taking funny selfies. The night had officially kicked off with laughter and joy!

Dancing to the rhythm of the music, laughter with friends, and engaging in karaoke competitions made the evening unforgettable. As the night progressed, the host decided to surprise us all by donning a mysterious Santa costume. Attempting to guess who was beneath the costume became the highlight of the evening, but the secret Santa's identity remained a mystery.

The mysterious Santa came over and pulled out small personalized gifts from his pocket. Distributing these thoughtful presents added an extra layer of warmth and charm to the party. My gift was a notebook, and the host said, "New year, new beginnings. You can use this notebook to jot down your dreams for 2024. Good luck!" with a cheerful smile.

As the night concluded, sipping hot chocolate, I expressed my gratitude to the host and friends before heading home. I couldn't forget that momentโ€”laughs, dances, and surprises filled a Christmas party that turned out to be an unforgettable night. Sometimes, the most beautiful gifts are the memories that warm our hearts. Right?
Kazumo
<Member>
Kazumo's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 18, 2023 11:20am | Report
Although I don't really have an idea dream gift in mind right now, I think anything in which the one that gifts it puts some soul by hand crafting something (either a pop up card, a sweet message, a print) is lovely and would warm my heart. If they add anything One Piece or video games related to it, then it's absolutely super easy to elevate it to a dream gift.
Mart5906
<Member>
Mart5906's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 18, 2023 1:02pm | Report
Hellow, I'd like to tell a funny, but more than funny nice story that happened to me on christmas 2 years ago.

I had a boyfriend (yea, HAD, he cheated 1 year ago XD) who was the one that introduced me to league and he used to flame me a lot. We couldn't rank together because, to be honest, I wasn't the best player of all times (don't blame me, I was just starting in league) and he got REALLY frustrated while losing LP (now, years later, I understand him a little). In spite of his slightly "easy-to-get-mad" personality, on christmas eve I told him: "Let's rank together, it's christmas, end of season". He answered: "Hmm, yes sure, what's the worst that could happen?..."

Spoiler, the worst happened, he demoted to bronze and he never spoke to me again.

The end :c

Nah, i'm joking. Not on the part that he demoted to bronze, cause he did, but he still spoke to me, and a few months later I got better at the game (not gonna lie. a little under pressure), and we climbed to silver together.

Nowadays, I still play league and I managed this season to climb to gold all by myself, and i'm really proud of that.

Ps: I'm pretty sure now I'm better than him at the game, just saying ;)
Belami
<Member>
Belami's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 19, 2023 2:14am | Report
I don't know how funny is my Christmas story but it's one of my favourite parts of this holiday and this happens every single year ever since i got my little demon of a cat, Ashe. Every year i would use to do my tree, as everyone does, making sure it looks perfect and aesthetic. Ever since i got my little gray cat, Ashe, 3 years ago, that changed. My Christmas tree is never (and will never) be again perfect looking. Every time i make the tree, the same thing happens: Ashe comes in the room, her eyes glow brighter than the fairy lights, the pupils become huge with excitement and she runs in a sprint right into the tree, most of the time knocking it off. No one can keep her away from the tree, she will find a way to enter at least one time into the room and literally ram into the tree, knocking it off and then looking very proud of herself, chasing a tree globe or some other decoration. So now this had became a tradition and it's part of my Christmas to have a not perfect tree, a tree a bit roughed by my cat and we both enjoy this holiday: her by running into the tree and destroying it and me by watching her doing that.
drip_raccoon
<Member>
drip_raccoon's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 19, 2023 11:40am | Report
I have a ton of pets so keeping my Christmas tree in order is always a mess. But the benefit of it is when it is Christmas morning I get to open all the presents with my goofy guys
minervatheory
<Member>
minervatheory's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 19, 2023 1:45pm | Report
I love watching the Hallmark movie Three Wise Men and a Baby. It's hilarious all while being heartfelt. No cringe, no in-your-face holiday stuff, just family and laughs.
XTheRageGodX
<Member>
XTheRageGodX's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 20, 2023 8:20pm | Report
I want to share a story of the past when I was a kid.

I remember the are I lived was actually a very snowy location, every year there would be a snow storm and the hills after shoveling would be very high. One of the years as a kid, me and my friend climbed to separate hills next to each other. We climbed the snow mountain like it was mount Everest and putting all our effort to reach the top. Once we reached the top we had the most epic show down, a bey battle. Standing on the opposite ends with a small stadium between us we launched our Beyblades with all our might as if we were putting our life on the line and it was intense. The end result was obviously my win (I honestly don't remember).

Nothing beats the good old days when we have the chance to have fun doing the smallest of things.
Karinutsa
<Member>
Karinutsa's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 21, 2023 7:50am | Report
Hello everyone! Happy Holidays!

Every year I am becoming more and more of a Christmas lover myself and so I would like to introduce you to my huge natural decorated Christmas tree right here
As for sharing a nice Christmas related memory, just last week I visited the amazing Christmas Market organized in my city and you will never guess what they had there. Spoiler, it is a star in an iconic Christmas TV advertisement. If you donโ€™t believe me, see for yourself here Did it jog my memory? Absolutely. This ad has been on TV for so so many Christmases and the famous jingle just gets me in a festive happy mood, exactly as it did after I saw these Coca-Cola trucks with my own eyes.

I wish you all a wonderful time and may Santa leave you under the tree all the gifts you have always dreamed of.
Merry Christmas,
Karinutsa
Eskimoccino
<Member>
Eskimoccino's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 21, 2023 12:45pm | Report
My favorite Christmas food is paella. For those who don't know about this wonderful dish, it's a Spanish rice dish that has lots of saffron, peas, seafood and/or meat in it, usually decorated with pickled red peppers and mussels. Paella is a big deal kind of a dish, a special event kind of a dish. It takes a lot of time, effort, and love to make a good paella--to get the beautiful, golden crust of rice at the bottom of the pan called "socarrat". There's a kind of magic in the preparation of paella, the kind of magic that Christmastime amplified when my Yaya would make paella on Christmas eve.

My Yaya (my mom's mom) was from Spain, and she made this dish every Christmas eve for my entire life up until she passed three years ago. My Spanish heritage was a huge part of my life growing up, with my Yaya going to Spain for 6 months out of the year and bringing back all kinds of goodies when she'd return. In a way she was like Santa two times a year. She absolutely loved Christmas and decorated her house more than anyone I've known. She exemplified generosity, especially around Christmas, and loved to belt out Christmas songs with the strongest Spanish accent and most incorrect lyrics you've ever heard. She was always a joy to be around, and one of my best friends. She is dearly missed, but I carry her memory with me always, especially this time of year. I am no where near as good at making paella as my Yaya was, but hopefully one day I'll be able to call it one of my own traditions, too.

1 2 3 4

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide