Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

MOBAFire Special Christmas Giveaway!

Creator: Hades4u December 18, 2023 7:28am

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

jihminen
<Member>
jihminen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 21, 2023 3:25pm | Report
I remember when we were younger and me and my sisters used to always run to the sauna in the morning, trying our best to escape the cold winter breeze, kicking our shoes off and quickly getting in the sauna to warm up and relax (it's a tradition where I'm from) and afterwards taking a nice long soak in the outdoor hot tub while our parents set the table, listening to familiar Christmas songs while enjoying the feast consisting of all sorts of side dishes, cheeses and meats, my favourites being the smoked salmon, Christmas ham and of course my favourite of them all, 'maksalaatikko' (a Finnish food made out of liver, rice, raisins and onion) topped off with lingonberry jam

Once we are done eating, it was finally time for the best part; heading to open all the gifts we got. Everyone smiling, playing with the new toys we got and enjoying the atmosphere. Singing our favourite songs and just talking with everyone. Once we were done, we always went outside to make a big snowman together with the whole family. Afterwards topping the night by playing boardgames together & watching Christmas movies (Home alone was always my favourite).

Christmas is still my most cherished event of the year. Although we don't build snowmen anymore or sing together, just enjoying time with the family is lovely and a nice change of pace. Although everyone lives far apart from each other and have entirely different lives. It's always lovely that we can have at least this one moment every year where we can all have fun and enjoy each other's company, chatting together about everything that pops into mind while enjoying the amazing food. Just the nostalgia and memories alone make it an amazing experience every time.
Purrrfect Kitty
<Member>
Purrrfect Kitty's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 22, 2023 12:18am | Report
I love Christmas and this year is going to be awesome. Firstly, my husband made a mistake and bought a HUGE christmas tree and I love it!! He said it looked smaller in the store, but yeah it is 3m high and absolutely gorgeous.It is a bit sparsely decorated because we have a cat. I think that is enough said, haha.
Secondly (and most importantly), I moved to the other side of the world when I was 18, leaving my parents who I love dearly. This year they moved to the same country as I live in though which means we will finally spend Christmas together again.
I am not a very good baker, nor do I enjoy baking stuff, but I do have this Christmas goody that I make every year; cake batter truffles. I know they dont look like much (specially when I made them) but they're so amazingly good.

This is the recipe if anyone is interested; https://www.sixsistersstuff.com/recipe/easy-cake-batter-truffles. I highly recommend them.

Here's to a beautiful holiday season and a year filled with moments that sparkle with joy.
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Hazardist
<Stalker>
Hazardist's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 22, 2023 4:14am | Report
I'll tell you about my favorite Christmas food and one Christmas movie that I have fond memories of 😁

Every year at home we prepare hallacas (tamales stuffed with meat and veggies) and sweet ham bread. We only eat them at this time of the year but they're a core element of the decembrine feeling for me

And a Christmas movie that might be found surprising for me to like is Evenings on a Farm near Dikanka, given that I'm from Latin America and this is a soviet era movie that despite being very popular in Russia and nearby countries, you would hardly ever hear of it here. But some years ago I watched it with a Russian friend who is a doctor and that was during the pandemic, so a tough time for her with all the heavy work that came with it. But we both enjoyed it and I could feel how it helped her reconnect with memories from watching it as a kid, and it's also a very picturesque and interesting movie so I totally recommend it to anyone, it's available on Youtube

I wish a Merry Christmas to every user and the staff of MOBAFire, here's to another year!!
Doody_tco
<Member>
Doody_tco's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 23, 2023 9:27pm | Report
Wish you all peace and joy <3

Hymhotep
<Member>
Hymhotep's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 23, 2023 11:24pm | Report
I just love that time of the year because I get to eat lots of chestnuts. Roasted, in a sauce, grilled... Chestnuts are my favorite
Whirlnami7
<Member>
Whirlnami7's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 24, 2023 12:51am | Report
My favorite Christmas movie is actually Die Hard, edging out the Home Alone series, The Nightmare Before Christmas and The Polar Express.
Thanks to jhoijhoi for the sig(s)!
ziiReDx
<Member>
ziiReDx's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 24, 2023 2:34am | Report
My favorite thing about Christmas is the peace and joy that comes with, honestly dont have a staple Christmas movie but i'm planning to watch home alone this year so there you go. Oh! love hot coco and just wrapping myself in a blanket!. https://ibb.co/YyHhYsw https://ibb.co/6nLRg3Q
PykEugeo
<Member>
PykEugeo's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 24, 2023 3:47am | Report

I dedicate this drawing to a girl otp kaisa (ZPK Blondegirl) who accompanied me in this year, sometimes a little painful but full of joys when I played with her during the year. This drawing fully reflects our friendship relationship and I hope which will never end.. I wish everyone a merry Christmas with the people dearest to you.
Nightmare5436
<Member>
Nightmare5436's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 24, 2023 5:48am | Report
Hello Everyone! Here is my Christmas tree, its not as large as some of the others bit fits perfectly in my room. Hope you guys like it!
https://imgur.com/a/0YwwWAG

These bao buns also arrived fresh today for Christmas dessert. Cant wait to eat them!
https://imgur.com/gallery/OSmQ17h

Hope everyone has a good Christmas and all the best for net year!
Aireszita
<Member>
Aireszita's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 24, 2023 11:47am | Report
A dream gift that I would love to receive this Christmas is actually related to League of Legends... A cosplay of my main and favourite character, Ahri! Ahri is one of the reasons that made me play league (i've always loved kitsunes and foxes in general, being able to play the game as a kitsune character is pretty cool!) and since I started getting into cosplay earlier this year (which is also one of the things I've always wanted to do, I'm so happy that I was finally able to get started on this new hobby), the one character that I need to cosplay is for sure my beloved Ahri! That would be such a dream come true. 😊
The other day I went shopping and actually found a Christmas ornament, a big transparent ball, which I will paint and put some LED lights inside in order to make Ahri's Orb of Deception out of it! I'm excited to start working on it after my exam season ends, around late January.

Oh, since I'm talking about Christmas gifts, I think I have to mention this one - chocolate! Who doesn't enjoy receiving some chocolate for Christmas? I do, for sure! Every year my grandmother gifts me a box of my favourite chocolate brand, Lindt. I think it is very cute that she remembers exactly which ones are my favourite, and I believe that it was also her that introduced me to those chocolates when I was still a little kid. She used to call them "suicinhos" because it's chocolate from Switzerland (Suiça in my language). She also gives me a cute, cozy pajamas every year, which I always make sure to wear when I go to sleep on Christmas night! My grandma is such a sweet person, and I am very thankful that she is still with us. I hope we can continue this tradition for many years to come!
Here's a picture of the pajamas I received last year. I love how cozy and Christmas-y the pattern is! ❄️

Thank you, and I wish everyone a very merry Christmas, with lots of yummy chocolate! ❤️ 🎄

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide